Covid tests

dw64

5 hours ago, u2harmony said:

Good to know. I think we are on the same cruise. I forgot all about pre-ordering and am doing so now, so hopefully mine will arrive fast as well. 

Thanks. 🙂

Have you signed into the roll call?  We're looking for slot pull joiners...

On 11/3/2021 at 11:11 AM, BabySarge said:

If it is a "proctored"  otherwise known as a medically observed test then it is allowed but if it is not then the answer would be no.  See below which is taken from the FAQ's page at the Princess website regarding self tests.

"Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test (sometimes referred to as home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.

Princess has partnered with Optum so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized at-home antigen test kit, shipped to your door in 3 business days or less. These at-home tests include a personal virtually video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services. These guides will help you properly administer the test and verify the results, within 15 minutes. The lab result report is delivered via email and can be printed or displayed on your mobile device during check-in. Please place your order with enough time to be shipped prior to your boarding. Order your test kit online."

Has anyone ordered the BinaxNow from the Optum store and if so, what website do you go to to start the proctored test ?

24 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Download the Navica app. 

Oh ok. 

If you look at post #9, it says the following

”Steps/suggestions for using the BinaxNOW home kit. 

1) Purchase the RX kits NOT the OTC type.

We got ours from EMed - available in two and six packs.  They are registered to individuals at purchase.

2) Download the NAVICA app and create accounts for each person who will be using the tests.

3) Login to EMed when ready to take the test.

-You must be set up so they can see you and the test kit so have a flat surface within your device camera range.

- You will need personal identification available for them to view

- They will ask you to enter your NAVICA login information. (EMed does the proctoring and reports the results to you on the NAVICA app and by email.) 

hopefully you understand my confusion cause above says login to EMed for the proctoring and you say that it can all be done in the Navica app

thanks

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth

12 hours ago, dweidensaul said:

If answered lower on this board, I apologize.  We paid $70 for a 2-pack.  Is that enough for two people to test, or does each person have to pay $70 and test two samples each?

Yes, you can each use one of the test kits in the two pack.

1 hour ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Has anyone ordered the BinaxNow from the Optum store and if so, what website do you go to to start the proctored test ?

To start the proctored test you go to eMEd.com. At some point in the log in process you will be asked if you have a NAVICA account. Once the test is completed (about 25 to 30 minutes) the results will be emailed to you and also sent to your NAVICA account. That’s the reason you have to have the NAVICA account as this is where you can always find your results. Definitely a little confusing if you haven’t done it before. I recommend doing a practice round before your real test for the cruise so you know what to expect. 

• Like 1

Just a heads up - I did my BinaxNOW test and missed seeing the button at the bottom to get my results after the timer finished because of how I had propped up my phone.  I sat there forever thinking someone would just come back to me. I hope I'm not the only idiot who missed it. I came on here to ask about how long I might have to wait and saw the button.  Can't delete post so edited.

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 1

• Torfamm changed the title to Note for EMed test results

Yes, I finally did see the "I am ready" button.  It would have helped if the proctor had mentioned it. They said, or at least seemed to say, that someone would come back after the 15 minutes were up.  Happily, we both tested negative.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

To start the proctored test you go to eMEd.com. At some point in the log in process you will be asked if you have a NAVICA account. Once the test is completed (about 25 to 30 minutes) the results will be emailed to you and also sent to your NAVICA account. That’s the reason you have to have the NAVICA account as this is where you can always find your results. Definitely a little confusing if you haven’t done it before. I recommend doing a practice round before your real test for the cruise so you know what to expect. 

Thanks so much. This was very helpful.

This was a very good YouTube video I found that guides you through the whole process and confirms what you said

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been discussed prior, if I search for Covid, I get a bunch of hits.  My question for anyone hat has ordered the at home test via Princess that are monitored by someone over computer/ cell phone.  Do they do the monitoring over the weekend?  I am schedule to cruise on Monday the 31st, which means I need to take the test either on Saturday or Sunday.  Just want to make sure if I do go the home test route, I will be able to have the test verified on Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks 

Edited by CruiseNut24

I believe they are open every day. By the way, we just finished our tests a couple hours ago for our Saturday cruise. It couldn’t be easier. And we’re old farts. Our only issue was our printer wouldn’t print them. And before anyone says anything; yes, we used the passcode. We had to take a screenshot and print from  that. 

I've seen hundreds of posts and videos about the Abbott proctored at-home test, but nothing about the Radeas test (which Princess recently added to its recommendation list).  Does anyone have anything nice (or not so nice) to say about it? Thanks in advance!

53 minutes ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

I believe they are open every day. By the way, we just finished our tests a couple hours ago for our Saturday cruise. It couldn’t be easier. And we’re old farts. Our only issue was our printer wouldn’t print them. And before anyone says anything; yes, we used the passcode. We had to take a screenshot and print from  that. 

Did you receive the email with attached lab results as a .pdf?  You should be able to print that.

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Did you receive the email with attached lab results as a .pdf?  You should be able to print that.

I’ll try to answer you again. My last one was rushed and not clear. The only way to open the document, that I saw, was as a PDF. It opened successfully with the passcode. I tried to print and was again asked for the passcode. After entering it, the print preview appeared with the proper printer selected and everything seemed okay, but a few minutes later I would get a print error. I then saved the PDF in Acrobat and tried printing from there. Same thing. My wife obtained her results. Same thing. Since I’ve not heard of others having this issue, it must be something with my printer. But, the screenshots I ended up printing look exactly the same. 

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I've seen hundreds of posts and videos about the Abbott proctored at-home test, but nothing about the Radeas test (which Princess recently added to its recommendation list).  Does anyone have anything nice (or not so nice) to say about it? Thanks in advance!

We ordered a couple test for our next cruise in February.  The main reason is that you have to set-up an appointment to take the test.  Once I ordered the tests, they came within a few days.  Like the Abbott test you have to download their app (Kiokomo247).  Radeas runs their test thru Zoom.  When you schedule your appointment, you will receive an email conformation with a link for the Zoom meeting.  If you have Zoom downloaded all you have to do is open it just before your time and you should be ready to take the test.

• Thanks 1

Took over an hour to get through to Abbott the other day but the guy gave us a great tip. Use a desktop/laptop if you can, to log into eMed.com for your test. It went very smooth today, we were both negative and got our emails within 2 minutes. If there are two or more of you, you do need to log out or close your browser and then the next person logs into eMed.com with their info and password for the NAVICA app. Register with NAVICA before your test day. Hope it goes as smooth for you as it did for us.

• Like 1