Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

49 minutes ago, memoak said:

Where is your Kaiser. Here in Oregon we have gotten all of our PCR results back in 24 to 36 hours

Contra Costa County California.  They state it takes 5-7 days and cannot guarantee the 5 days. But Safeway (part of Albertson chain) can have the NAAT back in 20 minutes for $99. They weren't doing them when I last needed it. The private MD bill came to a little over $500 for 2 tests. And I only saw the lab tech. It's a racked. 🤑

41 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Contra Costa County California.  They state it takes 5-7 days and cannot guarantee the 5 days. But Safeway (part of Albertson chain) can have the NAAT back in 20 minutes for $99. They weren't doing them when I last needed it. The private MD bill came to a little over $500 for 2 tests. And I only saw the lab tech. It's a racked. 🤑

Hmmm.  I live on the Concord/Clayton border and have gotten my results back from Kaiser within 24-36 hrs.  They say 48 but they are always back earlier.  Not sure what’s going on with your tests.

14 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Hmmm.  I live on the Concord/Clayton border and have gotten my results back from Kaiser within 24-36 hrs.  They say 48 but they are always back earlier.  Not sure what’s going on with your tests.

I want to go to your Kaiser for my California Coastal cruise. I still want my test result before flying to London on 7/30 (8/2 embarkation).

Which Kaiser do you go to? Shadelands told me 5-7 days as they only do PCR .... do you go downtown WC or Martinez??!! I will try county for an antigen if they will still do it 8/30 but did make a downtown Concord Safeway appt otherwise. They only charge $99. I won't return to StatMed. They assured me that Kaiser would pay them. But 3 months later they billed me.  I sent off to Kaiser as might pay some (lab). Otherwise cruises are cheap enough that I'll just pay

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I want to go to your Kaiser for my California Coastal cruise. I still want my test result before flying to London on 7/30 (8/2 embarkation).

Which Kaiser do you go to? Shadelands told me 5-7 days as they only do PCR .... do you go downtown WC or Martinez??!! I will try county for an antigen if they will still do it 8/30 but did make a downtown Concord Safeway appt otherwise. They only charge $99. I won't return to StatMed. They assured me that Kaiser would pay them. But 3 months later they billed me.  I sent off to Kaiser as might pay some (lab). Otherwise cruises are cheap enough that I'll just pay

I went to Shadelands (April)  my sister went to Martinez (June).  Yes they only do PCR.

6 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

I went to Shadelands (April)  my sister went to Martinez (June).  Yes they only do PCR.

Thank you. Now I will use them if I have 24-36 hrs before heading to the port. Not possible on Europe / not necessary for Australia. 

Does it violate cc rules if I ask if you are in Safeway shopping center across from Travis CU??

Safeway does NAAT results in 20 min. So I can test, continue to airport, and know before flying across the pond

Edited by Ombud

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thank you. Now I will use them if I have 24-36 hrs before heading to the port. Not possible on Europe / not necessary for Australia. 

Does it violate cc rules if I ask if you are in Safeway shopping center across from Travis CU??

I don’t think it’s a violation.  I live in that area.  This is from the Kaiser website.

In-person PCR tests

PCR tests are required before a medical procedure or being admitted to the hospital, or as directed by a doctor. They may also be needed for international travel or in circumstances where self-tests are not an option, such as to prove a negative COVID-19 test. Please check testing requirements prior to choosing a testing option.

Kaiser Permanente usually provides PCR test results within 24 hours.

and this.

There are some circumstances when an in-person test is required. When you need a PCR test, we’ve got you covered: You can usually expect results within 24 hours or less.

Edited by t&atravel
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

@OmbudLol. I just realized what you may have been asking here. I am not a TA. Just an unfortunate choice for a CC screen name. My DH and my initials and we “travel”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, t&atravel said:

@OmbudLol. I just realized what you may have been asking here. I am not a TA. Just an unfortunate choice for a CC screen name. My DH and my initials and we “travel”. 

This is why CC should allow direct messaging.

• Like 1

Greetings! Our embarkation day is approaching, and I read the contract says "You agree that if at any time within fourteen (14) days prior to embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having
COVID-19, or the Carrier otherwise determines, in its sole discretion, that You are unfit to board because of any communicable illness, the Carrier will deny boarding to You as well as Your traveling companions
."

A family member tested positive in about 11days before embarkation, and we are hoping his test right before embarkation will be negative. In that case, would he be allowed to be onboard? Additionally, I'm in the close contact category, but if my result before embarkation is negative, am I allowed to board?

Anyone can shed some light on this? Thanks!  

5 minutes ago, ThatBoomDad said:

Greetings! Our embarkation day is approaching, and I read the contract says "You agree that if at any time within fourteen (14) days prior to embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having
COVID-19, or the Carrier otherwise determines, in its sole discretion, that You are unfit to board because of any communicable illness, the Carrier will deny boarding to You as well as Your traveling companions
."

A family member tested positive in about 11days before embarkation, and we are hoping his test right before embarkation will be negative. In that case, would he be allowed to be onboard? Additionally, I'm in the close contact category, but if my result before embarkation is negative, am I allowed to board?

Your answer will depend on how honest you all want to be as technically neither of you, or your wider ‘group’ should be travelling. I’d therefore suggest you have the antigen not PCR tests for your ‘group’. When we travel with friends and family now we treat the bookings entirely separately until boarding and then link them altogether at reception so if someone from either booking gets denied boarding the other group can still travel. 

23 minutes ago, ThatBoomDad said:

."

It depends on whether your family member's test was proctored.  If it was they may be able to sail if they are symptom free and had the positive covid test more than 10 days prior to your sailing.  If it was not proctored or done at CVS/Walgreens etc. you may have a problems.  

What if I had COVID-19 before my vacation and recently recovered? Will I be able to sail?

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within three months from the date of their cruise departure or cruisetour departure (whichever starts first) do not need to take a viral test before embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, have no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19.

Documentation of recovery consists of the following:

• Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago) or
  • A valid digital COVID-19 certificate (DCC) or a document issued by an official health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection

Guests who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion. Guests who are unable to provide documentation of recovery that fulfills the above requirements must take the required COVID-19 viral test and show a negative result.

Edited by suzyed

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within three months from the date of their cruise departure or cruisetour departure (whichever starts first) do not need to take a viral test before embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, have no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19.

Documentation of recovery consists of the following:

• Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago) or

"You agree that if at any time within fourteen (14) days prior to embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19..."

Hmm...I never noticed this before. So, if you test positive 11 days prior, you are fine with the at least 10 days past the infection, but you don't fit the within 14 days......These 2 things seem a bit contradictory to me....

5 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

"You agree that if at any time within fourteen (14) days prior to embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19..."

Hmm...I never noticed this before. So, if you test positive 11 days prior, you are fine with the at least 10 days past the infection, but you don't fit the within 14 days......These 2 things seem a bit contradictory to me....

That is exactly what my concern because the "10 days.." stuff is written in FAQ but the 14 days is the legal agreement which passenger would eventually agree to. This 14 days term is even worse to those who are in close contact category. They would be rejected regardless judging by language itself (am I overthinking on this?).

16 hours ago, devonuk said:

Your answer will depend on how honest you all want to be as technically neither of you, or your wider ‘group’ should be travelling. I’d therefore suggest you have the antigen not PCR tests for your ‘group’. When we travel with friends and family now we treat the bookings entirely separately until boarding and then link them altogether at reception so if someone from either booking gets denied boarding the other group can still travel. 

That is not a true statement because CDC guidelines said people in close contact category should be in isolation for 5 days and can travel after that with mask on all time for another 5 days.  

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 12:32 PM, Fjord4Fun said:

I've just discovered that Princess require another Covid booster if our last one was more than 270 days before the cruise.  Here in the UK we cannot get another booster until later in the year so what are we supposed to do?  Has anyone had confirmation from Princess that this IS a requirement?  How are others meeting this?

You've confused two situations. You only need one booster, regardless of time elapsed. The 270 days refers to the original Full vaccination, be it one jab or two. If it is more than 270 days from your last dose, you need a booster. If you have had a booster (any booster) you are covered as far as Princess requirements are concerned. We received our two jabs in Feb and March, 2021. We had a booster in Nov, 2021. We are good to go under the current scenario. (Cruising in late August and mid December.)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

You've confused two situations. You only need one booster, regardless of time elapsed. The 270 days refers to the original Full vaccination, be it one jab or two. If it is more than 270 days from your last dose, you need a booster. If you have had a booster (any booster) you are covered as far as Princess requirements are concerned. We received our two jabs in Feb and March, 2021. We had a booster in Nov, 2021. We are good to go under the current scenario. (Cruising in late August and mid December.)

Agreed, in fact I had this confirmed by Princess this morning

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatBoomDad said:

That is not a true statement because CDC guidelines said people in close contact category should be in isolation for 5 days and can travel after that with mask on all time for another 5 days.  

5 hours ago, ThatBoomDad said:

That is exactly what my concern because the "10 days.." stuff is written in FAQ but the 14 days is the legal agreement which passenger would eventually agree to. This 14 days term is even worse to those who are in close contact category. They would be rejected regardless judging by language itself (am I overthinking on this?).

It's 10 days.  We just went through this.

• Like 1

We last sailed in Feb 2022 and at that time we needed a negative antigen test within 2 days before boarding. And at this link it still states 2 days: https://www.princess.com/html/global/book/popups/voyages-per-cdc-guidelines.html

On the Medallion App under Health Status I noticed something new that says I need a negative antigen test 48 hours before boarding. If I test at 8am on a Thursday but don't board until 2pm on Saturday (54 hours prior) it appears I could be denied boarding? I have read through much but not all of the COVID pages. Anyone have any insight?

IMG_8032.PNG

48 minutes ago, ilovebananas said:

We last sailed in Feb 2022 and at that time we needed a negative antigen test within 2 days before boarding. And at this link it still states 2 days: https://www.princess.com/html/global/book/popups/voyages-per-cdc-guidelines.html

On the Medallion App under Health Status I noticed something new that says I need a negative antigen test 48 hours before boarding. If I test at 8am on a Thursday but don't board until 2pm on Saturday (54 hours prior) it appears I could be denied boarding? I have read through much but not all of the COVID pages. Anyone have any insight?

IMG_8032.PNG

It depends on your vaccination status and which test you choose.  I believe they go by days rather than hours.  We had our test on Wednesday @ 1:00pm and sailed on Saturday at 3PM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suzyed said:

It depends on your vaccination status and which test you choose.  I believe they go by days rather than hours.  We had our test on Wednesday @ 1:00pm and sailed on Saturday at 3PM.

Correct. Days, not hours. 

I thought this particular issue had been clarified weeks ago !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Billish said:

The reason these questions keep coming up is due to Princess inconsistency.

On the website, it uses Days. On the Medallion app it uses Hours.

I have also seen inconsistencies on the website in different parts of the website.

If Princess wants to make this it easier for it's guests, it would be really nice if they did some proof-reading on the documentation they produce.

🙄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Billish said:

It depends on where you embark. PCR for US is 3 days for Canada it is 72 hours for example

11 hours ago, memoak said:

It depends on where you embark. PCR for US is 3 days for Canada it is 72 hours for example

Unfortunately, I do not want to read through 73 pages so ask for your forgiveness ahead of time.

I have a cruise departing Canada in a few months.  I am vaccinated and boosted.  Looking for clarification:

1.  Does it matter if it is a rapid PCR or standard 2-3 day PCR test?

2.  WIthin 72 hours....example...test after 12 noon on Friday, get on ship on Monday before noon.  What happens if embarkation is delayed?

Please quote this post so that I will get a notification.  Thank you anyone who has taken this test and was allowed on the ship.

32 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Unfortunately, I do not want to read through 73 pages so ask for your forgiveness ahead of time.

I have a cruise departing Canada in a few months.  I am vaccinated and boosted.  Looking for clarification:

1.  Does it matter if it is a rapid PCR or standard 2-3 day PCR test?

2.  WIthin 72 hours....example...test after 12 noon on Friday, get on ship on Monday before noon.  What happens if embarkation is delayed?

Please quote this post so that I will get a notification.  Thank you anyone who has taken this test and was allowed on the ship.

Per my CVP that would work. All you can base it in is the original boarding time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1