Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

4 minutes ago, sillypuppy said:

We are booked for Jan 29 but still not too sure……..really enjoying this post though - thank you!  Can you tell me if there was a silent disco! 

Thank you.  Yes, tonight at The Club from 10:45- 11:45pm.

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you.  Yes, tonight at The Club from 10:45- 11:45pm.

Silent disco is or may be done in either Grand Plaza, The Club, or Eden. I was a bit disappointed though because the sound through the headphones was really poor quality. Maybe that was just my headset, but I didn't try a different pair and only went one night. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Silent disco is or may be done in either Grand Plaza, The Club, or Eden. I was a bit disappointed though because the sound through the headphones was really poor quality. Maybe that was just my headset, but I didn't try a different pair and only went one night. 

The headphone did not have the greatest quality when we were on the Summit but after while you get caught up with the crowd and the fun we kind of forgot about it 😝 well that and we had a few old fashion before the disco!

Day 1

The comedian was really funny… Rich Aronovitch … PG13 material not quite R rated.  Very funny kept it pretty clean for the 9:30 PM crowd.  He promised his adult comedy will be more intense so we shall see.

5EF24609-2730-4DCE-8750-05DCF5A272B2.jpeg

461DA795-2E1A-4C45-B866-5C0C2DB16789.jpeg

F1A1B9E8-7186-40CA-BCE0-9B2483749FF7.jpeg

• Like 1

I am loving this!!!! Thank you so very much for taking us along.

We board the day you disembark! We just booked three days ago when Royal cancelled our Serenade of The Seas cruise, so quickly learning about all things Apex.

Sounds like a great start. Smooth sailing!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

The comedian was really funny… Rich Aronovitch … PG13 material not quite R rated.  Very funny kept it pretty clean for the 9:30 PM crowd.  He promised his adult comedy will be more intense so we shall see.

5EF24609-2730-4DCE-8750-05DCF5A272B2.jpeg

461DA795-2E1A-4C45-B866-5C0C2DB16789.jpeg

F1A1B9E8-7186-40CA-BCE0-9B2483749FF7.jpeg

He was on our 12/04/2021 Apex cruise and was very funny. The X rated show was very X rated. During his X show he noticed two young women in the audience on their smart phones during his act and he went full scale XXX with them and the audience loved it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ConnMom said:

Enjoying your commentary and photos. Thank you.  We loved our last cruise before the pandemic on the Edge in February 2020, and  have been looking forward to getting back to sea on the Apex on February 5.  We are having a difficult time deciding whether to cruise or cancel; I will be following along, vicariously enjoying your experience as well as gathering insights. 

Have a fantastic cruise.

We are on the 1/29 sailing and are going back and forth on whether to go. We will wait until the week before to decide. 

If your screen name indicates your location, we are “neighbors”. Looking out at the foot of snow vs. the OP’s pictures makes it even harder to decide!!

mac_tlc

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

Tuscan … beautiful restaurant .. it feels more like a specialty restaurant than MDR.  Very very spaced out with room to move around.  Lots of empty tables very socially distanced.

1679FD0F-6898-49FE-8D90-0A20D02DA27E.jpeg

DDEFD691-EC6D-4697-A97C-F09C5E15536E.jpeg

EF0B35CC-D7F5-4A2E-A5EF-CF4E484B2E13.jpeg

7143E454-6B78-468C-A34C-3868ECA9DFF8.jpeg

C82F8A46-6690-427A-897E-5FC28AA5FE5A.jpeg

E323DD2A-2056-4529-A768-357072356767.jpeg

D8F0830B-23E2-45A3-BD4D-D67ACDA9E488.jpeg

Tuscan (Fellini decor, great music) was one of our favs on EDGE..along with Cyprus..the Greek rest.  They are the 2 smaller ones.  We enjoyed all 4.

Actually preferred the 4 MDR plan  over BLU..which we had  in  AQ on our 1st EDGE cruise.

Love your pics and informative review. APEX seems much like EDGE..I see more shade on upper deck. That's good.

What shows  are there for reg passengers.?  How are  the music offerings.?

Enjoy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scottishclover said:

Wow! Fantastic photos. We are going on our first  Celebrity cruise on the Apex in July and our 19 year old is on the fence about coming. I’m pretty sure your posts will persuade her.  Looking forward to the rest. Enjoy your cruise. 😎

Thank you so much.  It is a beautiful and elegant ship with lots of love music entertainment and great food options.  It really hard not to love this ship, plus the staff make you feel so welcoming.

3 hours ago, CocoCronut said:

Great thread @BennyBrun loving all your updates and amazing photos so far

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Out of interest, is there a Tiffany’s jewellery store on board?

Thank you so much.  I have not seen a specific Tiffany’s store yet.  I only a saw on the Gem.  If I do see it I will post another picture.  I did not go inside the gem store for the fear of being bombarded with sales flyers on our door.  The art flyers, notices, are already pulling up 😆 

696ED188-2F7D-4AD3-B7E4-154B57109DB5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruzeluver said:

I am loving this!!!! Thank you so very much for taking us along.

We board the day you disembark! We just booked three days ago when Royal cancelled our Serenade of The Seas cruise, so quickly learning about all things Apex.

Sounds like a great start. Smooth sailing!!

It’s been great so far.  Much less crowded than I anticipated.  The anxiety I had before I got onboard from reading the other threads disappeared when the moment I step onboard and saw the eager / welcoming crew.

2 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Benny, I am enjoying your review and your pictures are great. 

I have never sailed Celebrity but this ship looks beautiful and with so few passengers it must be great to be on board. I think I would love it and am quite envious. 

Thanks, enjoy!

Thank you much.  It is like a floating Ritz/Four Seasons Hotel.  So relaxing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

He was on our 12/04/2021 Apex cruise and was very funny. The X rated show was very X rated. During his X show he noticed two young women in the audience on their smart phones during his act and he went full scale XXX with them and the audience loved it.

Yeah, we stayed away from the picking zone and got there on time.  He picked on the folks that came in late, and being on the phone.  The guy was in the first two rows I think and on the phone.  Not the best move at a comedy show.

4 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Yeah, we stayed away from the picking zone and got there on time.  He picked on the folks that came in late, and being on the phone.  The guy was in the first two rows I think and on the phone.  Not the best move at a comedy show.

You are bringing back great memories from just a month ago!

Though I have seen mixed reviews we got great steaks at Fine Cut Restaurant; 6 and 9 oz filets were excellent. Ate there three times in 14 days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Tuscan (Fellini decor, great music) was one of our favs on EDGE..along with Cyprus..the Greek rest.  They are the 2 smaller ones.  We enjoyed all 4.

Actually preferred the 4 MDR plan  over BLU..which we had  in  AQ on our 1st EDGE cruise.

Love your pics and informative review. APEX seems much like EDGE..I see more shade on upper deck. That's good.

What shows  are there for reg passengers.?  How are  the music offerings.?

Enjoy!

With so few passengers and 4 MDR, I would assume Luminae and Blu would be busier and more crowded than the 4 beautifully appointed MDR.  We felt like we had our own private servers last night.

From what I can see mostly comedy acts, game shows and singers and one stage show scheduled.  Charity Lockhart is tonight’s entertainment.  Plenty of music to go around.  They even did a free slot tournament last night.

Lots of shade and a beautiful beautiful walking trek that has an incline.

11 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

Lauren … our cruise director just told us that there are 1153 crew and 1065 passengers.  She also did briefly mention about wearing the mask.

image.jpg

Lauren is a fantastic CD! We had her on the Edge back in October. 

Thanks for posting!

On APEX for a B2B in late February.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

You are bringing back great memories from just a month ago!

Though I have seen mixed reviews we got great steaks at Fine Cut Restaurant; 6 and 9 oz filets were excellent. Ate there three times in 14 days!

Ooh we are scheduled for Eden tonight, Fine Cut a few nights later and then repeat and we can’t wait.

25 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you so much.  I have not seen a specific Tiffany’s store yet.  I only a saw on the Gem.  If I do see it I will post another picture.  I did not go inside the gem store for the fear of being bombarded with sales flyers on our door.  The art flyers, notices, are already pulling up 😆 

696ED188-2F7D-4AD3-B7E4-154B57109DB5.jpeg

On the Edge, Tiffany’s is located in the walkway to Eden. Not sure if it’s on Apex, but I bet some expensive store is there.

mac_tlc

• Like 1