Recent Cruisers who were "Close Contacts"

This is not an opinion thread. Just the facts, ma'am! 

Can anyone who was personally  traced and/or  labeled a "close contact" on a Royal ship within the past 3 weeks or so please share their experience? Are you tested and isolated in your cabin, are you moved to the "red bag floor" ? How long does your experience last? 

Are you released after a 3 day stay and 2 negative tests? 

I'm just looking for facts and not fiery rhetoric nor a lengthy description of garbage strewn hallways. I can't find the "policy " on the RCL site . 

(Also curious as to why they are taking blood samples on Covid positive patients as that is not a "thing" that we do routinely stateside unless it is a critically ill , ICU patient. But that's a thread for a different day.)

Thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

(Also curious as to why they are taking blood samples on Covid positive patients as that is not a "thing" that we do routinely stateside unless it is a critically ill , ICU patient. But that's a thread for a different day.)

That is a really good question!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Can anyone who was personally  traced and/or  labeled a "close contact" on a Royal ship within the past 3 weeks or so please share their experience? Are you tested and isolated in your cabin, are you moved to the "red bag floor" ? How long does your experience last? 

I'm just looking for facts and not fiery rhetoric nor a lengthy description of garbage strewn hallways. I can't find the "policy " on the RCL site . 

Thank you

can you share where you found they were taking blood samples?  Im curious why.  

Keep in mind that RCI hasn’t dealt with Covid positives and close contacts in a consistent manner.  You’d think they’d have their procedures documented so they can be followed step by step, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

5 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Thank you

That’s what I was thinking. What are they doing with the blood samples? I’m not in the medical field but I thought it was weird. Can you decline them taking your blood?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Everyone who posts being quarantined on RCL ship  says they take their blood.

I would tell them it’s against my religion to have them take my blood.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Three or four posts here on CC describes their experience after being found positive . They related that the nurse/doctor came daily to do a check of temp and BP and took tubes of blood. 
In non-critical patients I can't think of a reason that they would need blood samples . I also would not consent to it, but I'm a biotch!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

2 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Everyone who posts being quarantined on RCL ship  says they take their blood.

I would tell them it’s against my religion to have them take my blood.

You do not have to consent to an invasive procedure .From what I have read the care seems to be fine, but the blood draw is ridiculous. If there is a consent for treatment form you can write on it an addendum that says " no blood specimens will be taken" or something similar. Your excuse can be the truth- it's unnecessary and puts you at a slight risk for complications from venipuncture.

I think screaming would also work, as well as a well-practiced faint!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, D4 said:

Keep in mind that RCI hasn’t dealt with Covid positives and close contacts in a consistent manner.  You’d think they’d have their procedures documented so they can be followed step by step, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

One has to wonder what they were doing on the practice cruises...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

You do not have to consent to an invasive procedure .From what I have read the care seems to be fine, but the blood draw is ridiculous. If there is a consent for treatment form you can write on it an addendum that says " no blood specimens will be taken" or something similar. Your excuse can be the truth- it's unnecessary and puts you at a slight risk for complications from venipuncture.

I think screaming would also work, as well as a well-practiced faint!😉

this doesn't really answer my question.

5 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Post # 1 on the first link and #9 on the second both mention taking blood sample

thx.  it's something new to me.  I didn't realize they were doing it.  I thought they only drew the blood samples for antibody testing.

Edited by jean87510

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

this doesn't really answer my question.

Sorry that I didn't have time to look up the individual posts for  you . I told you it was reported here on Cruise Critic . Look up all the recent quarantine threads and RCL sucks threads and Christmas cruise threads and the ones with people complaining about Covid protocols.

Its  been commented on within the threads as well- people questioning the author of posts as to why Royal was taking blood.

BTW- you didn't answer MY question .😉

1 minute ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Sorry that I didn't have time to look up the individual posts for  you . I told you it was reported here on Cruise Critic . Look up all the recent quarantine threads and RCL sucks threads and Christmas cruise threads and the ones with people complaining about Covid protocols.

Its  been commented on within the threads as well- people questioning the author of posts as to why Royal was taking blood.

BTW- you didn't answer MY question .😉

too early for pettiness this am.  have a nice day

When I tested positive on Allure last month, I asked what the blood samples were for. I can't remember about the second but I was told the one was to test for liver function, which I found utterly hilarious given that I was on day 8 of a cruise. They also take a baseline chest x-ray.

I was traveling solo on that cruise but I had made some friends (sailing in other cabins) who were identified as my close contacts. We were on the last day of a B2B, so this might have affected things. They just told my friends to stay in their cabins until the end of the cruise and get tested when they got home. I believe they also gave them free room service and allowed drinks to be delivered to the ones who had the drink package.

3 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Are they squeezing blood from you because they know that they aren't going get any more money from you on the cruise?

Or are they looking for some unusual pathogen that occurs on cruise ships?