DID I MISS THE MESSAGE? ONLY CABIN SERVICED ONCE A DAY?

gadaboutgal

I was surprised to find out here on Seashore that the cabin is now only serviced once a day -in the morning.  For the first two days I thought it was just an omission; but came to find out that no service is provided in the evening! 

When did that happen.  We were on Divina in October and had service am and pm.

I did call guest services and requested service in the evening.  Don't want wet beach and shower towels in the bathroom.  How icky.

Anyone else find the morning only service not up to expectations?

The first thing we tell our room steward on every cruise: "Only one room service in the morning, the program for the next day you just can put through under the door" 🙂

I wonder what the people are doing in their cabins that needs a second visit in the evening. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

The first thing we tell our room steward on every cruise: "Only one room service in the morning, the program for the next day you just can put through under the door" 🙂

I wonder what the people are doing in their cabins that needs a second visit in the evening. 

That is an easy one to answer. Since I shower in the morning, my towels are wet. I shower in the evening before dinner and my towels are wet. I do not reuse towels at home, I will not reuse them on the ship.  I like a clean face cloth each time I use it, twice a  day.  When we go to the pool our towels get wet, I want replacement towels for the next day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

That's great for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

I was surprised to find out here on Seashore that the cabin is now only serviced once a day -in the morning.  For the first two days I thought it was just an omission; but came to find out that no service is provided in the evening! 

When did that happen.  We were on Divina in October and had service am and pm.

I did call guest services and requested service in the evening.  Don't want wet beach and shower towels in the bathroom.  How icky.

Anyone else find the morning only service not up to expectations?

There was mention of this one time iirc when things restarted.  Have not seen any reports since.

5 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

That is an easy one to answer. Since I shower in the morning, my towels are wet. I shower in the evening before dinner and my towels are wet. I do not reuse towels at home, I will not reuse them on the ship.  I like a clean face cloth each time I use it, twice a  day.  When we go to the pool our towels get wet, I want replacement towels for the next day.

I'm calling troll here. Noone can be so self absorbed to either not take their own icky beach towels back to the pool deck for washing whilst collecting a new one each morning themselves, from the very pool area they plan on using, not be more environmentally conscious and reuse their shower towels even twice a day and get replacements the following morning, have such a dirty face every day they need a fresh face cloth, be so oblivious to the safety of the staff that they require multiple cabin visits for cleaning per day.

I hope humans like this don't exist. It would be a very sad situation if they did. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, stuart2468 said:

I'm calling troll here. Noone can be so self absorbed to either not take their own icky beach towels back to the pool deck for washing whilst collecting a new one each morning themselves, from the very pool area they plan on using, not be more environmentally conscious and reuse their shower towels even twice a day and get replacements the following morning, have such a dirty face every day they need a fresh face cloth, be so oblivious to the safety of the staff that they require multiple cabin visits for cleaning per day.

I hope humans like this don't exist. It would be a very sad situation if they did. 

Seriously? You think I am a troll! I mean what I said. I do not use towels more than once at home and I do not do it on a ship.  I am definitely not a troll.  If they want to cut back on staff duties then they can cut back on my tips.  I am paying the same amount for a lot less service. 

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Seriously? You think I am a troll! I mean what I said. I do not use towels more than once at home and I do not do it on a ship.  I am definitely not a troll.  If they want to cut back on staff duties then they can cut back on my tips.  I am paying the same amount for a lot less service. 

Wow.... Just wow

You are sailing during a pandemic, yet expecting service levels not to change to suit an ever changing covid landscape. One that is not a favourable one for cruises right now due to omicron.

But your biggest worry is you over paid on tips to service ratio? Shocking and embarrassing!

32 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I am with you ready2cruzagain....I do not use used towels at home and for what we pay to cruise in the YC is I think MSC can afford to pay for this service. MSC has increased the cost of cruising (particularly in the yacht club) and taken away more and more that the experience formally offered that is is becoming questionable for us if it is worth the increase in cost 

Edited by LadySpoilt
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, stuart2468 said:

Wow.... Just wow

You are sailing during a pandemic, yet expecting service levels not to change to suit an ever changing covid landscape. One that is not a favourable one for cruises right now due to omicron.

But your biggest worry is you over paid on tips to service ratio? Shocking and embarrassing!

If you think my biggest worry is over paying on tips then you are somehow a mind reader. I never said it was my biggest worry.

I do find it annoying that I would have to use wet towels pandemic or no pandemic.  I do find it annoying that MSC is still charging the same for inferior service. 

Our prices that we pay have not gone down but yet service has.  This has nothing to do with a pandemic.  

You see it your way, I see it mine.

Happy cruising.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Same here.

We don't reuse towels at home and don't expect to do so here either.

When I am paying 4-5 times what non YC is paying I expect either a change in towels, more towels in the cabin or a trolly outside with help yourself.

How are a few extra towels in relation to YC rates going to make a difference.

If they did not do it, I would have a ton of YC pool towels in my room then.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

The once a day cabin service was technically part of the US restart plan to minimize crew contact with guests. However, as mentioned, some seem to be doing it twice a day and others not.

Bret

We took 2 Princess cruises in December and both times our cabin steward asked if we wanted morning or evening service, we asked for morning but lo and behold the stewards serviced the room both morning and evening.

18 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

OK, that is certainly a reason and explanation. Maybe not something from my world, but I am only the ordinary guy like Jurgen Klopp not the special Yacht Club guy like Jose Mourinho 😇

• Like 1

5 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

OK, that is certainly a reason and explanation. Maybe not something from my world, but I am only the ordinary guy like Jurgen Klopp not the special Yacht Club guy like Jose Mourinho 😇

I have never stayed in the YC and I do not consider myself special. I consider myself normal for liking dry, clean towels.

I see that you are from Malaysia and maybe a cultural difference?  When I sail on Princess they never provide wash cloths or top sheets and I always have to ask for them.  That does not mean I am wrong or demanding. We were just raised different.

Thanks

Edited by ready2cruzagain