No Bacon on buffet

jskinsd

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I live in SoCal where we have some of the highest pricing in the lower 48, bacon is about $5.50/package for your choice of 16oz for regular bacon or 12oz for artisan/exotic bacon

I only buy bacon from Grocery outlet, it has been too expensive in regular stores for years. What I dislike is the new 12 ounce package size bullspit. I saw 8 ounce packages the other day. 😡

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Sorry you are having to go through this.  We're all here for you.  Hang in there!   😉

Yeah, completely unacceptable, OP should call and speak to a manager! Someone needs to be fired for this and they should shut down all cruises until this is rectified. 😁 

47 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi @MisterOJ2 🙂

My wife & I avoid the buffet as much as possible on all of our sailings. 

It has been many voyages since we actually walked into a buffet. And will only use a buffet as a last resort.

There are far too many other & better options.

Happy sailing!

🌴

Yes! came here to say this.. I LOVE the MDR breakfast... only go to the buffet in a real hunger emergency lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jskinsd said:

Why should you have to request bacon at the breakfast buffet.  So far three of the six mornings on the Panorama and no Bacon at the buffet.  What is going on. And the way they do toast, let's just say it sucks.  Only toast one side and left out for hours.  Hard as a brick. Breakfast never changes.  But on Carnival it does. Sure you can request it and get it eventually.  But why should you have to.  I just don't understand. ✌️ 

Go to the sea day brunch or breakfast on port days and you'll get all the bacon you can eat.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Go to the sea day brunch or breakfast on port days and you'll get all the bacon you can eat.

Thank you for your advice.  You are very wise.  I will try that.  Sometimes I get confused.  What would I do without cruise critic ✌️

The great bacon  conspiracy has been well discussed here and elsewhere for quite some time and should come as a surprise to no one.  I've been on three cruises since the restart and somehow I managed to not only survive but to have a pretty good time while having bacon available every other day.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

The Bacon has been placed on Bacation to every other day, as Carnival states there is a shortage.

Have a Bacon Day!  

12 hours ago, jskinsd said:

So a supply chain issue.  Even with a ship being half full.  Didn't have the problem on the Bliss two weeks ago.  Must be a company problem.  ✌️

Plenty of bacon on the buffet on the three Royal Caribbean and one Princess cruises I've taken since cruising resumed.

There's no shortage of bacon.  There's a shortage of bacon at the cheap prices Carnival wants to pay..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HillBilly Bob said:

Just curious why you are apologizing.....or did you have something to do with "land side" bacon shortages and price increases.....??  😅

I think the person was making a joke....

By reading the OP's responses I'm starting to get the vibe that this is joke thread just to see what kind of reactions they get 🤷‍♂️ Then again i would not be surprised if someone got that bent out of shape just because they had to ask for bacon but that just seems like a very 2019 first world problem. But again....im pretty sure this whole thing is a troll job so well done 👍

Edited by matymil
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

I guess I'm glad people do it, but I will never understand why so many people insist on eating at the buffet for breakfast instead of the MDR. I've not eaten breakfast off the buffet in several cruises now, and I'm much happier for it.

We had a bad experience on our first cruise which was carnival in the mdr. We have eaten at the buffet on every cruise after that be it carnival,celebrity or msc.. my wife refuses to eat in the mdr  and i for the most part eat low carb so the buffet works for us.i have a small farm so i am definately not a germaphobe.

33 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Plenty of bacon on the buffet on the three Royal Caribbean and one Princess cruises I've taken since cruising resumed.

There's no shortage of bacon.  There's a shortage of bacon at the cheap prices Carnival wants to pay..

I don't see many $139 cruises on those lines. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

At the same time Royal and Princess, unlike Carnival, haven't cheapened their product to the point where some people won't cruise with them at any price, no matter how low.

Royal and Princess have certainly cutback. For example, Royal no longer has an unlimited open bar in the Diamond Lounge. Oh the horror.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

I guess I'm glad people do it, but I will never understand why so many people insist on eating at the buffet for breakfast instead of the MDR. I've not eaten breakfast off the buffet in several cruises now, and I'm much happier for it.

I like to do both

At the buffet: I can add what I want to hot cereal- nuts, orange slices, cranberries

I can add jelepenos to my omelette, whatever kind of cheese I want'

I've found the best poached eggs at the buffet- hot, too !

Depending on the cruies (mostly NCL) I can get an Indian dish for breakfast

I can take my food outdoors and get fresh air at the same time.

I haven't been on a cruise since February 2020 (The Inspiration), so I"ve most likely forgotten a few more things. I also go to MDR for breakfast at least once a cruise and enjoy it as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Royal and Princess have certainly cutback. For example, Royal no longer has an unlimited open bar in the Diamond Lounge. Oh the horror.

Not nearly to the extent that Carnival has.

And that "unlimited open bar" was beer, house wine, and a limited selection of their bottom shelf liquors for 3-4ish hours each evening. On the Royal board most actually people prefer the replacement of 4-6 daIly drink vouchers to use anytime, anywhere (including private islands) for any drink up to $13 over the daily happy hour fight for swill in the diamond lounge.

Carnival would have cut the free drinks entirely or slow-rolled to some practically meaningless benefit like the Past Guest Party turned the designed-to-fail Fun Farewell Party turned here's a bottle of water for your loyalty.

17 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

We prefer the breakfast buffet over the MDR for several reasons.  More choices, more relaxed, not having to wait for you food to be delivered.  Take how little or how much you want instead of what they  give you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Not nearly to the extent that Carnival has.

And that "unlimited open bar" was beer, house wine, and a limited selection of their bottom shelf liquors for 3-4ish hours each evening. On the Royal board most actually people prefer the replacement of 4-6 daIly drink vouchers to use anytime, anywhere (including private islands) for any drink up to $13 over the daily happy hour fight for swill in the diamond lounge.

Carnival would have cut the free drinks entirely or slow-rolled to some practically meaningless benefit like the Past Guest Party turned the designed-to-fail Fun Farewell Party turned here's a bottle of water for your loyalty.

Carnival is worse than Royal in terms of loyalty. If you are Elite on Princess you cannot status match. I am Diamond on Royal and Elite on Celebrity. While Diamond Plus would be cool I am totally happy with Four Free beverages loaded daily and Happy Hour. On Celebrity we get Elite Happy Hour,Daily Coffee House Breakfast with Mimosas and Bloody Marys, Elite Happy Hour with unlimite

d drinks,free laundry.

We also get Gold MLife anc starting in February resort fees are waived for direct bookings. 

Why oh why cant I get 29 nights credit on Carnival for sailing 2 weeks on Cunard and Princess. It costs absolutely nothing to extend Red or Platinum .

The cost of Royal is not that much more . Come on Carnival you cut bacon, no free Champagne on the Captain's Night or Farewell party. The least you can do us give us free beer at Red Frog!

I status matched Hyatt to Explorist and on MSC thanks to Royal.

I think Carnival needs to rethink loyalty. Their benefits were created by some AI robot..,2 free bottles of water that can be had for $4. Not free juice or Coke that Emerald gets on Royal? No discounts on laundry. Self laundry yea right like I want to work on vacation Seems good. on paper but in reality I use the send your laundry service.

How about waiving Room Service fees for all Oceanview and above cabins for all VIFP members? 

Edited by travelplus

15 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

We prefer the breakfast buffet over the MDR for several reasons.  More choices, more relaxed, not having to wait for you food to be delivered.  Take how little or how much you want instead of what they  give you.

I  am the polar opposite. I will go to the Buffet for some pastry and the rest in the MDR. SeaDay brunch is where its at along with balcony room service,Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana.

I just wish there was a way to get Breakfast Burritos delivered to my balcony.

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I find a little humor in the Buffet area being more relaxed. The noise/commotion/line cutting ( I forgot to get this) , but OK.

Looking for a table , which can be an issue.

Another factor DW “hates” buffets. “Happy wife, Happy Life” comes to mind.

• Like 1