Junior Suite Question

My sister and I booked our very first Junior Suite on the Allure!  Very excited.  I know we get some of the suite perks, which I am okay with not getting all of them.  Does anyone know if we get access to the Suite Lounge and Suite Sun Deck?  

Thanks in advance for any answers anyone can provide.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Pretty much all you get is a larger room and an extra C&A point per night.

And robes in your room. 🙂

And if the JS was the result if a RoyalUp upgrade, one does not even get the e tra point per night.

Cabin stewards can generally provide robes to any cabin upon request.

• Like 1

Other things with a JS

Priority boarding, not sure about departure. 

Coffee machine and tea kettle

Bathtub

Walk in Closet in most cabins

Really large balcony, extra deep on Oasis class

A nice upholstered chair or two in addition to the sofa

Much larger vanity area

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Other things with a JS

Priority boarding, not sure about departure. 

Coffee machine and tea kettle

Bathtub

Walk in Closet in most cabins

Really large balcony, extra deep on Oasis class

A nice upholstered chair or two in addition to the sofa

Much larger vanity area

Not every single one has the bathtub, though I think like 99% do 🙂  For example the JS on Navigator with the massive balconies still just have a shower if memory serves. But I guess this applies to pretty much every single other JS.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rennyn said:

Not every single one has the bathtub, though I think like 99% do 🙂  For example the JS on Navigator with the massive balconies still just have a shower if memory serves. But I guess this applies to pretty much every single other JS.

I seem to recall aft JS on Enchantment don't have WIC except for the corner ones. Would be odd not to have a tub. We did an aft JS on Mariner and it had a tub

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I seem to recall aft JS on Enchantment don't have WIC except for the corner ones. Would be odd not to have a tub. We did an aft JS on Mariner and it had a tub

The new forward facing Junior Suites that they installed on the pool deck on Navigator, lack the tub showers and walk in closets. We booked one, and the more I read about it, the less appealing it sounded. We ended up switching to a midship JS on deck 9. :classic_smile:

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

The new forward facing Junior Suites that they installed on the pool deck on Navigator, lack the tub showers and walk in closets. We booked one, and the more I read about it, the less appealing it sounded. We ended up switching to a midship JS on deck 9. :classic_smile:

Ok, forgot about those. Makes sense

Thanks, 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Was it the same category/price?

29 minutes ago, rennyn said:

Was it the same category/price?

No. It wasn't. One was a JS 3 and the other was a JS 4. I don't remember which was which. But the prices dropped, so there was no problem with changing cabins. The midship on deck 9 was more expensive originally. 

Edited by Coralc

18 hours ago, rennyn said:

Sitting in my Jr Suite writing this while hubby soaks his aching back in the large tub.  

• Like 3

We love JS cabins mostly for the extra space and bigger bathroom. Double points is nice. I will say, we had no idea what we were doing when we sailed on Ovation in 2019. It was our first time sailing Royal in 20 years, we had been enjoying Disney. We didn't realize there even was a suite deck until the end of the cruise. The last day we stumbled upon it and our room keys (two JS) all opened the door to enter. No one was up there, we sat and enjoyed a gorgeous view and lots of comfy seating. Didn't find out until later that we shouldn't have had access lol. So...can't hurt to try! 😉

On 1/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, Starry Eyes said:

And if the JS was the result if a RoyalUp upgrade, one does not even get the e tra point per night.

Yes.

And that is why I specifically said that robes would be IN the room. 😄

On 1/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, Starry Eyes said:

I didn’t realize this -  makes me tempted to cancel my RoyalUp offer.

1 minute ago, Virtopia said:

It is better to know what you do and do not get with your RoyalUp bid.  I consider a JS Royal Up bid primarily a bid for the extra space.  For some the bathtub is another big selling point (not for me, though).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SRF said:

Yes.

And that is why I specifically said that robes would be IN the room. 😄

Sure, though personally I have never wanted to don a robe upon entering my cabin, and unless we share others might not know if they ask for robes, they will likely receive them.

29 minutes ago, Virtopia said:

I would cancel my bid if you bid expecting extra loyalty pts. I personally only take showers not baths so the bath tub seems like a nothing to me. I remember jewel bath tub was a big step into. 

• Like 1