Any clever ideas for carrying seapass card and cell phone?

shelpt

Haven't cruised in awhile. We always used lanyards and had a hole punched in the seapass card.  Now will have cell phones with us for pics. Any creative ideas for carrying around both? Especially for men.

Thanks!

I typically have my card in my pocket in either my swimming suit or shorts.  My cell phone lives in the room safe from first room entry until breakfast on last day.  My wife just carries her phone with her in the bag she brings to the pool. I can't stand the lanyard around my neck for some reason that is why it is in my pocket. Mostly they zip up, but not always. So far never have lost my room card!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Another vote for pocket.

...for both the cell phone and the sea pass card. 

With the wifi packages on board and the photo capabilities of cell phones, that item now travels with us around the ship.  At the pool when in the water, it remains in our zipped pool bag. 

And if a card is lost it can only be used by you as your picture is embedded in it, and is easily replaced by guest services. 

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

...for both the cell phone and the sea pass card. 

With the wifi packages on board and the photo capabilities of cell phones, that item now travels with us around the ship.  At the pool when in the water, it remains in our zipped pool bag. 

And if a card is lost it can only be used by you as your picture is embedded in it, and is easily replaced by guest services. 

In the past my cell stayed in the safe, but last time out Carnival wasn't publishing paper schedules and the schedule was only on their app. So now I carry my cell with me most of the time. We need to get a zipped pool bag so we can put our cells in it.

45 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

In the past my cell stayed in the safe...

Agree! Part of the appeal in the early years was the lack of phone connection and the isolation away from the day to day while cruising. (hence my screen name!)  The cell phone (NOT smart phone!) was turned off and in the safe once boarded and not turned on and removed until back in the home port.  The times certainly have changed.....

Edited by leaveitallbehind
correction
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, shelpt said:

Haven't cruised in awhile. We always used lanyards and had a hole punched in the seapass card.  Now will have cell phones with us for pics. Any creative ideas for carrying around both? Especially for men.

Thanks!

I have a water proof eye glass case that I use to carry my cell phone on the rare occasion that I take it off a ship.I still use something called a camera to take pictures.My seapass card is always in a pocket.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a water proof eye glass case that I use to carry my cell phone on the rare occasion that I take it off a ship.I still use something called a camera to take pictures.My seapass card is always in a pocket.

😄

40 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Current cellphones are excellent cameras. I don't even pack a seperate camera anymore. I have aleways kept  my sea pass card in my pocket but for my iPhone 13 Pro Max I have a thin Apple Wallet that attaches by magnet to the back. Next time I cruise my sea pass card will be in that. 

• Like 1

I'm really not trying to be snarky - just curious.  What does the OP's husband do with his keys and cellphone on any other day, or on any other vacation?  Why would this be any different?

Mine are in my pocket all the time.  And if I'm going to a pool or something like that, when I go in the water they are in whatever accessory container I have with me at the time.

I also never carried my sea pass card on a lanyard.  But that's just me......

Edited by leaveitallbehind
addition
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Current cellphones are excellent cameras. I don't even pack a seperate camera anymore. I have aleways kept  my sea pass card in my pocket but for my iPhone 13 Pro Max I have a thin Apple Wallet that attaches by magnet to the back. Next time I cruise my sea pass card will be in that. 

I realize that current cellphones are also good cameras but I also have good cameras that I want to use.I have 70 photo albums ,mainly filled with cruise pictures going back to 1973.

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Duh! I forgot about those. That's a great idea, thanks!

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I'm really not trying to be snarky - just curious.  What does the OP's husband do with his keys and cellphone on any other day, or on any other vacation?  Why would this be any different?

Mine are in my pocket all the time.  And if I'm going to a pool or something like that, when I go in the water they are in whatever accessory container I have with me at the time.

I also never carried my sea pass card on a lanyard.  But that's just me......

HaHa! Im not sure all of his bathing suits have pockets that zip or button. Usually at the beach we throw everything into a beach bag, but I def am not lugging that around!

Where are you from? We are from Doylestown in Bucks County

11 minutes ago, shelpt said:

HaHa! Im not sure all of his bathing suits have pockets that zip or button. Usually at the beach we throw everything into a beach bag, but I def am not lugging that around!

Where are you from? We are from Doylestown in Bucks County

West Chester area / Chester County - not too far away.

waterproof phone pouch .. pac of 6 .... $13 ..... I used 'em at Discovery cove on multiple phones and ZERO leaks . . 

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Waterproof-Outdoor-Sports-Samsung/dp/B01BXQSUAQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2V4YGCM4JEBH3&keywords=waterproof+phone+pouch&qid=1643234412&sprefix=waterpoof+phone%2Caps%2C265&sr=8-4

recorded this thru one .... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

waterproof phone pouch .. pac of 6 .... $13 ..... I used 'em at Discovery cove on multiple phones and ZERO leaks . . 

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Waterproof-Outdoor-Sports-Samsung/dp/B01BXQSUAQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2V4YGCM4JEBH3&keywords=waterproof+phone+pouch&qid=1643234412&sprefix=waterpoof+phone%2Caps%2C265&sr=8-4

recorded this thru one .... 

Wow you should sent that to them as a promo video! Thank you! We have a boat and these would be awesome for that as well.

4 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Have a sister in FL - just was there a few weeks ago pre-NYE cruise.  Came back to a 70 degree temperature change!  Not loving winters here so much any more.

Thats why we left! Dont miss the cold at all. Of course right now we are all freezing with at 55 degrees lol