Any clever ideas for carrying seapass card and cell phone?

shelpt

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

What a radical, bold and innovative idea!

4 minutes ago, shelpt said:

Thats why we left! Dont miss the cold at all. Of course right now we are all freezing with at 55 degrees lol

Thats funny! Not everything I own has pockets. Maybe I need new clothes!

When I read this thread's title, I was thinking it was over concern about keeping the cell phone and magnetic card together in the same pocket. I know in the past it was recommended against because it could somehow erase or render the magnetic sea pass card unusable.   Is that no longer an issue?  

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

When I read this thread's title, I was thinking it was over concern about keeping the cell phone and magnetic card together in the same pocket. I know in the past it was recommended against because it could somehow erase or render the magnetic sea pass card unusable.   Is that no longer an issue?  

Surorised that you are the first person in the thread to mention that. It is an issue on ships that use magnetic cards.Keep the card in a different pocket than the cell phone. I do that by habit. The cell phone in my right pocket and the sea pass card in my left. Usually I have a cruise wallet  for going ashore the ports with my DL, Seapass Card, a credit card and cash. I keep that in my left pocket too. Some cruise ships now  have seapass cards with a chip. On those it does not matter but I still have the habit of keeping it the left pocket. . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Surorised that you are the first person in the thread to mention that. It is an issue on ships that use magnetic cards.Keep the card in a different pocket than the cell phone. I do that by habit. The cell phone in my right pocket and the sea pass card in my left. Usually I have a cruise wallet  for going ashore the ports with my DL, Seapass Card, a credit card and cash. I keep that in my left pocket too. Some cruise ships now  have seapass cards with a chip. On those it does not matter but I still have the habit of keeping it the left pocket. . 

Actually a good point and glad you mention this.  I have been victim to demagnetizing my SeaPass card by having it flush to the back of my cellphone in the same pocket in the past.  Easily replaceable and not an issue other than for the inconvenience of having to go to guest services for the new card. 

But keeping them in separate pockets or having the Sea Pass card in its own holder will prevent that.  

I love to sew and created a small hanging bag just the size of my phone which has a mesh pocket for the phone and on the other side a vinyl pocket the right size for a sea pass card and a little zipper pocket for a bit of money for tips.  For anyone interested check out the ByAnnie.com website under free patterns.

• Like 1

From looking at catalogs and such lately, I see high-end bum bags (aka "fanny packs", aka "waist packs") are making a comeback!

Native Union has a unique combination case with detachable strap.  

I'm going to pony up and buy an iPhone 13 Pro (not the MAX - too big for me) in the next 2 months,  so I'll be looking around for nice-looking cases and maybe one that has the attached card sleeve.   But, I'm a "girl", so using a tiny crossbody sling isn't that bad.

On 1/31/2022 at 3:48 AM, SbbquilterUT said:

I love to sew and created a small hanging bag just the size of my phone which has a mesh pocket for the phone and on the other side a vinyl pocket the right size for a sea pass card and a little zipper pocket for a bit of money for tips.  For anyone interested check out the ByAnnie.com website under free patterns.

Thank you that looks like a fun project which I should have a go at! 

7 hours ago, lissie said:

It makes a good camera - and for many lines now you can view the daily programme on it too. 

That last part is important. On Carnival you not only view the daily activities on their App you also access the menus for dining and bar venues. They still have the "old fashioned" menus available for those without a phone of course, but not providing menus to everyone saves an awful lot of cleaning.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, All4Fun. said:

Live in the moment, leave the phone in the safe.

That makes no sense. Having the phone in a pocket or purse has nothing to do with living in the moment or not living in the moment. 

I carry my phone for convinience. I carry it as my camera. It also provides me enjoyment. Music, Video, Books. If you want to rough it by all means go ahead. If I wanted to rough it I would be out in the woods,  mountains, nature, not on a cruise ship.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I carry my phone for convinience. It also provides me enjoyment. If you want to rough it by all means go ahead. If I wanted to rough it I would be out in the woods,  mountains, nature, not on a cruise ship.

Absolutely!  It's kind of amusing that someone taking advantage of the technology of the ship thinks a cell phone should be locked away........but then, using it as a phone is the least common thing I do with it.  The same person who would think it's OK to carry a book or a camera, thinks carrying a smartphone is wrong, even if that smartphone is used as a book or a camera. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, All4Fun. said:

Although I enjoy what I do I view it as a tool and any chance to put it away and enjoy my time and family I do so.

You do you -- but not everyone is you.  It is a tool, and a book, and a camera, and a compass, and a book of crossword puzzles.   If you wouldn't tell someone to "put down that book" or "put down your camera" while on vacation, you shouldn't be telling someone to put down their phone either. 

Edited by calliopecruiser
  • Like 2

Since it's possible to make some dining reservations via a cell phone, read menus or shore excursion details, daily programs and activities etc. the digital age is here and the printed paper is a relic.

Here's lots of possibilities that might serve the OP's purpose:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/shopping/iphone-wallet-cases-are-a-smarter-and-more-secure-way-to-carry-your-cards/ss-AAACYzb?li=BBnb2gh

23 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

That makes no sense. Having the phone in a pocket or purse has nothing to do with living in the moment or not living in the moment. 

I carry my phone for convinience. I carry it as my camera. It also provides me enjoyment. Music, Video, Books. If you want to rough it by all means go ahead. If I wanted to rough it I would be out in the woods,  mountains, nature, not on a cruise ship.

Heck, I even take it with me when I go out in the woods - a solar charger keeps it working.  It's my camera and my music.  One of my favorite things in the campground is to lounge in my camp lounger, listening to music through my headphones.   I actually rarely use it as a phone - only certain people have the #,  but it's good to have on the road for 911-type situations.

On a cruise - I never know what I'm going to see and I might want to take a photo.