2024 schedule opening for Oceania

lofton74

30 minutes ago, lofton74 said:

Was on the Oceania SA/Antarctica cruise for this Jan, 2022.  2023 is sold out.  Looking to book for 2024 as soon as dates are posted.  Does anyone know when to expect those dates to be opened?

Probably around April.  You may also want to get on a waitlist for the 2023 version.  

5 hours ago, lofton74 said:

Was on the Oceania SA/Antarctica cruise for this Jan, 2022.  2023 is sold out.  Looking to book for 2024 as soon as dates are posted.  Does anyone know when to expect those dates to be opened?

There may also be lots of opportunity for 2023  when many of us will not make our final payment. Ours is in July of this year. 

Lofton74,

Waitlists can work out quite well and you can book 4 categories. Definitely place a deposit so you are on the Priority Waitlist for 2023. As jonthomas said, there will be movement after the Final Payment date for the specific cruise you are interested in. 
Mauibabes

• Like 2

We put ourselves on the wait list immediately for the 2023 cruise for a PH after the 2022 cruise was canceled and we’ve already cleared for a guaranteed PH. So I agree with Mauibabes, get on the waitlist for the four categories you’d accept and I your odds of clearing are quite high.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:10 PM, lofton74 said:

We also want to book South America for 2024 as soon as it is released. If anyone happens to hear the date please post 🙂 

I noticed Viking has their 2024 SA already out but I love O's itinerary as it includes Antarctica. 

14 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

We also want to book South America for 2024 as soon as it is released. If anyone happens to hear the date please post 🙂 

I noticed Viking has their 2024 SA already out but I love O's itinerary as it includes Antarctica. 

Oceania ships cannot go into Antarctica waters. Oceania knows this full well. They may as well put Tibet on the itineraries because their ships aren’t going there either.

At some point, O will have to fess up and alter their advertised 2023 itineraries that includes going into those waters. Or, maybe they won’t and just tell their passengers after they board. 

Will try and move our 2023 booking   to 2024 as I think January of 2023 will have the same issues with Covid closures the needed tests, the closed ports,  as we had this year...I hope I am wrong but it will be hard to make final payment in July when thinsg will look good as they did this July and then change drastically in Dec and Jan...

wish I had a crystal ball that I could believe in.....

22 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Will try and move our 2023 booking   to 2024 as I think January of 2023 will have the same issues with Covid closures the needed tests, the closed ports,  as we had this year...I hope I am wrong but it will be hard to make final payment in July when thinsg will look good as they did this July and then change drastically in Dec and Jan...

wish I had a crystal ball that I could believe in.....

My prestigious tour operator in the Falklands told me recently that it is highly unlikely that their country will be open to cruise ships for the 2022-2023 cruise season. An old business acquaintance that’s fairly well tied into the NZ government believes the same thing for his country and probably OZ. They will open for tourists, but only coming through specific airports under controlled conditions. There won’t be large cruise ships arriving into ports, especially smaller ones, from foreign countries.

If all those ports get shutdown again in 2022-2023, there won’t be cruise lines for a 2024 cruise season. I have four cruises with down payments through mid 2023, not ready to shovel more cash in until the lines prove they can sail in the near future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Oceania ships cannot go into Antarctica waters. Oceania knows this full well. They may as well put Tibet on the itineraries because their ships aren’t going there either.

At some point, O will have to fess up and alter their advertised 2023 itineraries that includes going into those waters. Or, maybe they won’t and just tell their passengers after they board. 

The posted itinerary very clearly show that they go by the Antarctica Peninsula and they do not advertise that you will be going ashore in Antarctica.  It is the same as other main stream cruise lines that include Antarctica in the title for their South America cruises when they do sail close enough to the Antarctica Peninsula to see the continent.    One is an Antarctica sail by versus an Antarctica Expedition cruise that does travel deep into Antarctica waters that fall under the ecological rules.

3 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The Peninsula is below 60 degrees South, the point at which Oceania class ships are prohibited from entering. Not much land north of 60 degrees until Argentina. Check out a map.

Don't need to check out a map - been there above and below 60 degrees South.....

Trying to understand the above as to Antarctica. I understand that the the Oceania Cruises do not allow for exploration on land. But are you saying that the Oceania cruises do not sail by peninsula portions of Antarctica? If true, what are the views?

18 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

So we will be able to preview those cruises by the last week of this month, if not before?

I assume so..they just told us booking first week in March..I havent heard it changed so Im assuming its still the same

Jancruz1

6 hours ago, ohmark said:

Trying to understand the above as to Antarctica. I understand that the the Oceania Cruises do not allow for exploration on land. But are you saying that the Oceania cruises do not sail by peninsula portions of Antarctica? If true, what are the views?

The "larger" ships such as Marina as well as Celebrity, Princess, Holland America cruise by the northern tip. Usually Paradise Bay, Elephant island, Half moon island, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

The "larger" ships such as Marina as well as Celebrity, Princess, Holland America cruise by the northern tip. Usually Paradise Bay, Elephant island, Half moon island, etc. 

if you search back through this and other related threads, you’ll be reminded that the polar restrictions recently changed (2022). Most cruise ships, other than those newer ones that were built to meet the new requirements, can no longer enter the restricted Antarctic circle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

A plea, especially for @Jancruz

My wife and I missed our last attempt at seeing a total solar eclipse from a cruise ship. (Covid intervened...)

But coming up on April 8, 2024 there'll be a great eclipse traversing most of the US.  And for cruising purposes, the eclipse totality starts in the Pacific Ocean southwest of Cabo San Lucas, then heads northeast to Mazatlán.

There are beaucoup cruise ships that sail from California ports to Mexico's Pacific coast.   Do you have anyone's ear at Oceania to persuade the itinerary planners to schedule a cruise that would hang out in the Pacific south of Baja California at noon on 8 April 24?   Do you know anyone who could???

Just askin'...

--Marne
Edited by marne-c