Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

54 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

i did not think soda counts.

wish I could use at starbucks. but still wishing shore excursion discount as well like NCl does

In addition to alcoholic drinks, I get specialty coffees, smoothies, sodas, and milkshakes from Johnny Rockets (only one ship wouldn't let me get them from JR).

3 minutes ago, lovelife said:

In addition to alcoholic drinks, I get specialty coffees, smoothies, sodas, and milkshakes from Johnny Rockets (only one ship wouldn't let me get them from JR).

hmmm I will be on Symphony in late April with my 151 points.  I will have to access my choices and see what they offer.  One thing I like about Disney is they have soda machines by the pool and also soda is free at meals.  Then again DCL ships are expensive but still thought it was nice.

I do wish that all RCi ships in the buffet area would at least have vanilla creamers or something.  but no they don't and not even in the 24 hour cafe. oh well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Yes, soda counts.  My wife would would only get one or two adult beverages a day, and then a soda or two.  They would show up as being charged against the vouchers most of the time.

I've even heard that bottles of water count against vouchers.  If you ask for a bottle of water and want to save the voucher for something more expensive, like an alcoholic drink, be sure to tell the bartender.  Otherwise, if there's an unused voucher in your account, it will be used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We want to go back to Tap Factory.  Loved that one as well.  🙂 

Saw the virtual symphony concert last night.  Tech effects were so good, you could swear (almost anyway) it was live in front of you.  A lot cheaper than going to the real concert.  😄  Was hardly anyone in there.  But then again Effectors was going on at the same time.  

We're seeing The Book again tonight, and plan to see Tap Factory again next week. Great show.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, island lady said:

I don't know if I would like the GS on this ship.  With that two access door plan...you lose a lot of space in the bathroom.  And there is only one.  😉 

The room really wasnt that cut up.  Both doors to the bathroom swung in towards the bathroom.  Granted we love to have two bathrooms but the two doors on the Grand worked very well for us.  My wife is an early riser and the curtain went completely across the the opening.  With my sound machine cranked up and her having access to the bathroom in the living room I never heard a thing.  Both areas had there own thermostat as well which made it nice.  Both rooms had separate controls for the lights and the drapes.  Coffee in the living room, the balcony door, and the exit to the room was all on her side while I slept.  It was a good layout for us and we would use it again.  The location just off the elevator was also a nice plus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Recorded 3 years ago.  I haven't watched it and can't confirm if it's worth watching

Thanks so much for posting this!  I really enjoyed watching it.  I'll be watching the other videos on the techniques he uses to live on the cruise ship.  What a life!  

1 minute ago, BonnieJB said:

Thanks so much for posting this!  I really enjoyed watching it.  I'll be watching the other videos on the techniques he uses to live on the cruise ship.  What a life!  

Used to be a chap on here named Ace the had all the inside scoop on Mario😉🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How was the volume

Volume for the virtual concert on Monday was fine...not overpowering at all...and hardly any pax viewing it.  

Was not in show mood last night....but did somehow manage to use 11 vouchers...record for us.  😉 

Tap Factory tonight.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BonnieJB said:

I have heard about Mario for years but have no idea what he looks like so I don't know if I've ever seen him.  Any photo?

Sorry, as I posted earlier after John left....I am unable to post photos.   But if you search CC forums, or google him...you will find lots of pictures and even a video they made following him around on a ship one time a few years ago.  

add in:  

Ahh...reading further on...I see many have posted the pics and videos!  To me he seemed tired and not that happy on the video...he is warm and welcoming in person.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

12 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

The room really wasnt that cut up.  Both doors to the bathroom swung in towards the bathroom.  Granted we love to have two bathrooms but the two doors on the Grand worked very well for us.  My wife is an early riser and the curtain went completely across the the opening.  With my sound machine cranked up and her having access to the bathroom in the living room I never heard a thing.  Both areas had there own thermostat as well which made it nice.  Both rooms had separate controls for the lights and the drapes.  Coffee in the living room, the balcony door, and the exit to the room was all on her side while I slept.  It was a good layout for us and we would use it again.  The location just off the elevator was also a nice plus.

Sounds nice!  🙂  Thanks!   

• Like 1