Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

Welcome to Ft. Lauderdale...again for the 3rd time.  😉  Docked up, our suitcases are missing from the hallway, breakfast in CK is at 7 am.  Just need to pack the carry on bags, and then the 3 hour drive home.  

Loved the last couple of weeks, and should have booked another leg...but...need to get back to reality at some point.  😄  

Oh, and now that I have cell signal....remember this?  The 3 Musketeers.  😄  Bucky checking out Laura's latest Effy bag...nice new Peacock Bling!!

20220203_111157.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Welcome to Ft. Lauderdale...again for the 3rd time.  😉  Docked up, our suitcases are missing from the hallway, breakfast in CK is at 7 am.  Just need to pack the carry on bags, and then the 3 hour drive home.  

Loved the last couple of weeks, and should have booked another leg...but...need to get back to reality at some point.  😄  

Oh, and now that I have cell signal....remember this?  The 3 Musketeers.  😄  Bucky checking out Laura's latest Effy bag...nice new Peacock Bling!!

20220203_111157.jpg

Yay, for posting a pic !

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

20220203_111157.jpg

Based on the angle, I think this when we realized the bridge was moving🤣🤣

• Like 1

16 hours ago, island lady said:

20220203_111157.jpg

Pat, thank you for continuing your posts on John's Odyssey thread.  It looks like you all had a wonderful time.  And thank you @John&LaLaJohn,  for getting Pat out of hiding to show what a lovely looking lady she is.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thx so much for your great review and answering all of my questions 🙂. Last night we got back from our perfect cruise on Odyssey!  Our only regret- we wish we had done a B2B!!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. We will be on Odyssey in under 2 weeks. Also from MN. Any specific tips?

On 2/12/2022 at 8:24 AM, John&LaLa said:

Based on the angle, I think this when we realized the bridge was moving🤣🤣

It always amazes me what you can do in other countries where lawyers are not around every corner looking for business. Staying on a bridge that is opening, climbing up Dunn's River Falls, etc.... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TwinMamainMN said:

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. We will be on Odyssey in under 2 weeks. Also from MN. Any specific tips?

Make reservations for The Book in 270 as soon as you board--fantastc show. No reservations required for theater shows. Make sure you see The Tap Factory and The Effectors. Very popular, so get in line early. Effectors had amazing special effects, including drones flying over the audience. 

• Like 3

On 2/11/2022 at 5:40 PM, Ocean Boy said:

This state is run by the Mob and I have relatives.....

I'm from the state, and that's what I grew up believing (especially when a cousin was a capo's attorney)!

Edited by joand452
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thx so much for your great review and answering all of my questions 🙂. Last night we got back from our perfect cruise on Odyssey!  Our only regret- we wish we had done a B2B!!

Me too.  Would have loved to stay on for another 8 days!!  But I already visited Next Cruise quite a bit while I was on board.  😉  

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@island lady  nothing to do with this but wanted to let you know.  I get the first SS on my birthday next month. 😊  Thanks again for your help.  

You are most welcome...and congrats!  I was only too happy to help, and glad it worked out!  🙂  

Mmmm...more cruise money!!  😉 

BTW....happy birthday!!  🥂

7 hours ago, RoamingRetirees said:

Make reservations for The Book in 270 as soon as you board--fantastc show. No reservations required for theater shows. Make sure you see The Tap Factory and The Effectors. Very popular, so get in line early. Effectors had amazing special effects, including drones flying over the audience. 

YAY! I can't wait to see all those shoes. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, vegas7df said:

I've enjoyed this thread soooo much that I booked Odyssey today, sailing in a few weeks! 

Thanks everyone!

If you have not been on Odyssey, be prepared to be amazed!  We loved it!  Really nice ship.  Enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cruise terminal 18.  Very convenient parking lot (open lot) right next door on the west side of the terminal.  Very well marked as you make your way into the cruise port area.  Do need your ID at check in to port area, they will give you a tag to put in your car.  

Easy to drop your checked bags with porters, then continue on to the lot.  You take a ticket as you enter the parking lot, pay as you leave.