So, You've Cruised Many Places in the World...Now What?

Lastdance

12 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Antarctica isn't very cold.  Remember that you go during the summer.

Yah, I guess it depends on your definition of "summer" 😁 and your tolerance to cold and wind chill factor....

That's me in Iceland (June? summer)

20190607_101112.thumb.jpg.b7a753ad0d34060c9746bdc6b0446fa3.jpg

and again, all bundled up with thermal layers in Milford Sound (February in the Southern Hemisphere? summer)

20180203_132401.thumb.jpg.e858275952a46299b5f77d047f629a6c.jpg

Temperatures in both places hovered around 40F 🤪

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sfcsu said:

For anyone who hasn't done New Zealand - you must go!  It was one of the prettiest places I had ever seen.  I don't have a bucket or wish list, I know that sounds odd.   I just want to keep traveling.  Some of my best cruises were ones we booked because we had time and there was an interesting cruise when we had the time to go.   

We had previously done one cruise a year, and then at least one land trip.    We are finally hoping to get back into that mode this year.

My DH and I did a four day hike into Milford Sound, through the mountains and out the Fork River.  It was an experience we will never forget; next will be cruising NZ and AUS, ending with a TP in 2024 with friends.  I so agree about NZ, as it is absolutely gorgeous and the air is so clean!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Ok.  Remember to try the fried bat wings at the market stand there.

My husband is from Wuhan.  Several years ago, the first time I went with him to an authentic Chinese restaurant in Boston's Chinatown, he asked if I like chicken fingers, but of course I do I told him.  So he proceeds to order dinner in Chinese, I eagerly await some nice authentic Chinese food.  Platters are delivered, shrimp dumplings, rice, Wuhan noodles, roast duck and frog legs and yes chicken fingers!?!  OMG I almost lost it, they were the actual feet (or fingers as he calls them) of the duck.  I got brave and decided to try, bravery left me very very quickly!  

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

My husband is from Wuhan.  Several years ago, the first time I went with him to an authentic Chinese restaurant in Boston's Chinatown, he asked if I like chicken fingers, but of course I do I told him.  So he proceeds to order dinner in Chinese, I eagerly await some nice authentic Chinese food.  Platters are delivered, shrimp dumplings, rice, Wuhan noodles, roast duck and frog legs and yes chicken fingers!?!  OMG I almost lost it, they were the actual feet (or fingers as he calls them) of the duck.  I got brave and decided to try, bravery left me very very quickly!  

My post was a joke in response to iPee but your post is much better!  Hope you are safe from the Boston blizzard today!😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

My post was a joke in response to iPee but your post is much better!  Hope you are safe from the Boston blizzard today!😀

Well some do eat those bat stuff, no joke.  Growing up his family would never go to those wet markets, some of the stories he has shared about them, well...It is a city of 13+ million people, he says most that go to those markets cannot afford "real" markets.  Also, I hope you did not think I was offended, I was not at all, it was humorous and true.  The blizzard is still raging, about a foot of snow so far, glad I work from home.

• Like 1

We do a combination of land and cruise trips. 

Although we still have a bucket list; Antarctica, Tahiti, New Zealand, to name a few!

Our most memorable trips to date: Norway fjords all the way into the Arctic Circle, The Galapagos Islands - twice, Machu Picchu, the Rocky Mountaineer to Lake Louise and Banff,  Switzerland land trip,  Venice Italy - twice, Kauai, Hawaii, Terra Cotta Warriors, China, Acadia NP, Yellowstone NP  ....

Coming up soon - Iceland Northern Lights Quest, African safari, Botswana and Tanzania.

Oh my gosh, I can't imagine running out of ideas!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Galapagos - check

Hawaii - check

Milford Sound and NZ - check

Norwegian fjords - check

Iceland - check

Antarctica -- deleted.... too cold for me.

Try the Tahitian Islands.

The most beautiful place on earth! And just warm enough.

• Like 1

Our favorite cruises were a Celebrity 35 day New Zealand, circumnavigate Australia (with Bali) and a couple of 28 day LA-Tahiti cruises on Princess.

The best excursion was with an older gentleman in Akaroa who took us on a local tour of the New Zealand "alps" in his car and stopped by the side of a river and took a wonderful picnic lunch made by his wife out of his trunk for us to enjoy. Just can't duplicate that kind of experience.

We would love to do either of those again and hope to do Greek Isles and Galapagos.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 1:58 PM, TeaBag said:

Glad to hear you say that, Oceansaway, as we are booked for Norway in July.  I hope it sails.  One of our best cruises still is Honolulu to Auckland to Sydney.  Iceland was cancelled on us last year but we still hope to get there some day.

Enjoy whatever you choose.

this year mostly Caribbean on new ships including Disney Wish.  Also doing Alaska twice.

Hope you get to Norway and I especially enjoyed Geiranger area.

• Like 2

We have not cruised or traveled everywhere in the world, but we have been close to everywhere we wanted to go. Based on our past cruises, we have two favorite itineraries, and (unfortunately) Celebrity does not offer them. One is French Polynesia starting in Tahiti in the South Pacific. The other is a European river cruise (such as Amsterdam to Budapest, through Germany and such). As far as “itinerary cruises” go these are our favorites. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Well some do eat those bat stuff, no joke.  Growing up his family would never go to those wet markets, some of the stories he has shared about them, well...It is a city of 13+ million people, he says most that go to those markets cannot afford "real" markets.  Also, I hope you did not think I was offended, I was not at all, it was humorous and true.  The blizzard is still raging, about a foot of snow so far, glad I work from home.

We got about 3-4 inches in the NW Philly suburbs.  But our families in MA and NH are digging out!

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We got about 3-4 inches in the NW Philly suburbs.  But our families in MA and NH are digging out!

I live near Tahoe and we have been so dry, but enough snow on the ground to ski...sunny every day!