What will I notice that’s different & all questions consolidated?

envy4u

Yes and yes.

From the  Princess FAQ:

"As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*"

If I think I want bottled water I do not take it on board but order it in advance in the Cruise Personalizer.

Bottled water is  $7.08 for 12 (500 ml) bottles if ordered in advance and is delivered to the state room.

The water on board is potable and high quality so really no need for bottled water unless you want some bottles for drinking off ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, envy4u said:

Can you bring wine or water when you embark ?

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Yes and yes.

From the  Princess FAQ:

"As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*"

If I think I want bottled water I do not take it on board but order it in advance in the Cruise Personalizer.

Bottled water is  $7.08 for 12 (500 ml) bottles if ordered in advance and is delivered to the state room.

The water on board is potable and high quality so really no need for bottled water unless you want some bottles for drinking off ship.

Somehow, you found old text.  That is not the current policy.

Here:

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or for any other use except as follows:

• For Guests of legal drinking age, an allowance of one (1) bottle of wine or champagne (750 mL in volume or less) per Guest per Voyage may be presented to security during embarkation. A US $20.00 corkage fee will be charged should Guests wish to consumer their wine or champagne in the ship’s public areas.
  • A US $20.00 corkage fee (which is subject to change without notice) will apply to each additional bottle (750 mL in volume or less) beyond the one-bottle per Guest per Voyage allowance. Limitations apply, and wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.
  • Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

All checked and carry-on luggage will be scanned and any prohibited items, including alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages will be removed, confiscated, and discarded. If Your luggage is locked, the lock may be removed by security or, alternatively, the luggage will be held by security until You can be present for an inspection and any items in question further identified and/or surrendered. Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, disappointment or damage of any kind as a result of any luggage lock removal, alcoholic/nonalcoholic items, or other prohibited items removed and discarded in violation of the policy. You agree to surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the vessel’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom just prior to disembarking the voyage. Any wine or champagne supplied by the Carrier to You are not subject to a corkage fee. Purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers (including plastic containers) for use in conjunction with medical device(s) are allowed in checked luggage and must be packed with the device(s). Distilled/purified water in a factory-sealed container(s) (including plastic containers) for the reconstitution of infant formula are allowed in checked luggage for staterooms with infant bookings. Limitations apply, and allowances are subject to change without notice and remain subject to situational assessments by both security and the vessel.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Somehow, you found old text.  That is not the current policy.

Here:

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or for any other use except as follows:

• For Guests of legal drinking age, an allowance of one (1) bottle of wine or champagne (750 mL in volume or less) per Guest per Voyage may be presented to security during embarkation. A US $20.00 corkage fee will be charged should Guests wish to consumer their wine or champagne in the ship’s public areas.
  • A US $20.00 corkage fee (which is subject to change without notice) will apply to each additional bottle (750 mL in volume or less) beyond the one-bottle per Guest per Voyage allowance. Limitations apply, and wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.
  • Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

All checked and carry-on luggage will be scanned and any prohibited items, including alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages will be removed, confiscated, and discarded. If Your luggage is locked, the lock may be removed by security or, alternatively, the luggage will be held by security until You can be present for an inspection and any items in question further identified and/or surrendered. Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, disappointment or damage of any kind as a result of any luggage lock removal, alcoholic/nonalcoholic items, or other prohibited items removed and discarded in violation of the policy. You agree to surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the vessel’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom just prior to disembarking the voyage. Any wine or champagne supplied by the Carrier to You are not subject to a corkage fee. Purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers (including plastic containers) for use in conjunction with medical device(s) are allowed in checked luggage and must be packed with the device(s). Distilled/purified water in a factory-sealed container(s) (including plastic containers) for the reconstitution of infant formula are allowed in checked luggage for staterooms with infant bookings. Limitations apply, and allowances are subject to change without notice and remain subject to situational assessments by both security and the vessel.

That there shows another failure of Princess management/IT department. They seem to not have a content management system...

7 minutes ago, brisalta said:

That there shows another failure of Princess management/IT department. They seem to not have a content management system...

Hmm ... the $20 Corkage has been in effect since they resumed cruising, but I think I know to what you refer.  I pulled my quote from the Passage Contract.  However, in the FAQ's under Alcohol Policy, it is still the old language.  I agree - no excuse months later to have incorrect info.  Not the first time for them as they never updated old language about internet under loyalty levels until they came up with the new PDF document.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, envy4u said:

Who is the maître d on Sky Princess ? Sailing Feb 2022

Giuseppe Gelmini was the Dir. of Restaurant Operations (Maitre'd) on our December 28th voyage.  He did a great job and was very accomodating to any request.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got on Enchanted Princess, 1/29 Ft. Lauderdale  Specifically brought water in cans because we had read "no plastic"

We were not limited on the amount of water-or of wine.  We brought on 5 bottles of wine.

Actually we could have brought on as much as we wanted as no one cared or inspected.

Also, on the ship we were given the plastic water bottles in our cabin mini bar and anytime at any bar when I asked.

Like Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, they are going to find the cost of water in cans to be unreasonable and stick to plastic.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

We brought on 5 bottles of wine.

Actually we could have brought on as much as we wanted as no one cared or inspected.

As more and more people buy Princess Plus, there will be less need to worry about taking wine on board, unless you want to take on specific favourite bottles.

• Like 1

Aren't the bottles of water you pre-order and have delivered to your cabin in plastic?  They have always been on previous cruises.  If so, I wonder why they don't allow carry on of water in plastic bottles.  Anyone confirm or deny the water is in plastic??

23 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Anyone confirm or deny the water is in plastic??

Plastic bottles Seattle 8/15 & Fort Lauderdale 12/9. Also no one manning the wine table. No one even looked / cared. 

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Of course, there is no way that checked luggage is "matched" to carry on bags.

Just saying.

Once they get picky, checked luggage with bottles might get routed to naughty room (especially Singapore)

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

As more and more people buy Princess Plus, there will be less need to worry about taking wine on board, unless you want to take on specific favourite bottles.

Like from our family vineyard 🥂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

They grilled me there. Singaporeans don't like wine

Not our experience on our visits, and not sure why you think Singaporeans don't like wine .

You obviously didn't go to the right places !

Just now, wowzz said:

Not our experience on our visits, and not sure why you think Singaporeans don't like wine .

You obviously didn't go to the right places !

It was the funniest experience.  He checked 3× the amount of wine I was taking onboard. 175ml × 5 = 875ml so well under the import tab. 🥂🥂🍷

The OBC for shareholders works well for this, covering $100 of the $105 for 7 nights. Every day your OBC will decrease by $14.50 for crew incentive. If you qualify for military OBC, that’s refundable, so I just wait for them to send me a check and think of it as a fare reduction.