Type of coffee maker in suites

Kcason20

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Hot water for my tea...room service....they bring a nice set up with a large insulated pitcher of hot water, assorted teabag selection, sugar, lemon and real cream. Worked easy for me.

On Anthem we had a kettle in our cabin.   Room Steward had said he could put some assorted teas in the cabin if we wanted.    Never used it but liked the idea that it was there if I wanted to make tea. 

50 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

The only thing that’s $1.50 is the premium pods listed on the card. They’ll bring as many of those gold and blue pods as you want at no charge. 

This makes a lot more sense...

Thanks!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

The only thing that’s $1.50 is the premium pods listed on the card. They’ll bring as many of those gold and blue pods as you want at no charge. 

Good to know.    Thanks.  Haven't been is a suite since the new coffee made their debut. 

M

Those pods look very similar to the pods used in some Nespresso machines.  They are NOT the same as Keurig pods.  Funny thing is, the description of the sounds the machine makes that's being described leaves me with no doubt that these are in fact Nespresso pods lol

@Cigar King, are they not Nespresso pods?

2 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

Those pods look very similar to the pods used in some Nespresso machines.  They are NOT the same as Keurig pods.  Funny thing is, the description of the sounds the machine makes that's being described leaves me with no doubt that these are in fact Nespresso pods lol

Totally different. Not Nespresso.  

49 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

And I might add that the Cafe Crema in the gold pods is really good. 
Such an improvement over those crappy packets and the Motel 6 coffee leaker they used to provide. 

They still have them on Oasis. At least in our GS in September they did.

• Thanks 1

I have personally have drank too many of the pods in a day with no extra charge. On top of multiple coffees in the Diamond Lounge.  Of course, I've got to get five to a million beers, Martinis and/or whiskey sours everyday too. Trying to get my nickels worth one drink at a time.

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hot water for my tea...room service....they bring a nice set up with a large insulated pitcher of hot water, assorted teabag selection, sugar, lemon and real cream. Worked easy for me.

I've done this too but sometimes the water in the thermos jug isn't as hot as I'd like .... it's nice to make what you want when you want it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broons77 said:

As has been mentioned, they are not Nespresso pods.  They seem to be a size between the two Nespresso styles of pods.  That being said, the machine strikes me as making a similar product.  Not sure why they need yet another pod style, but, there it is.

Any luck requesting a kettle, specifically on the Adventure?  I’m not a fan of Lavazza or Nespresso and those little cups barely make for a decent size cup of coffee. I’d rather have a kettle and bring some Starbucks Via. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

On Mariner last week in OS it was $1.50 per pod.  I’ll walk 2 decks up and get from SL for free.  

Odyssey gave all you wanted, gratis

Maybe the cabin steward liked me😉

1 hour ago, lhsail said:

Any luck requesting a kettle, specifically on the Adventure?  I’m not a fan of Lavazza or Nespresso and those little cups barely make for a decent size cup of coffee. I’d rather have a kettle and bring some Starbucks Via. 

I'm on Navigator now  on a B2B2B and requested a kettle like we've always had in a junior suite or above..  I mentioned on the survey it took so many noisy passes to fill a cup that didn't even fit on the awful Lavazza machine on the survey.  So this cruise we now have 4 Lavazza cups, 2 small and 2 tiny in our junior suite.  Still the same horrible, noisy machine though, haha.  

I use Vietnamese 3 in 1 coffee packets that are too strong for the new tiny cups.  Starbucks Via is excellent but would have the same problem.  I keep peeking into rooms and haven't seen any kettles on the ship.  Hopefully Adventure will have one for you.  We were told they were all disposed of here.  

1 hour ago, jerkymom said:

I'm on Navigator now  on a B2B2B and requested a kettle like we've always had in a junior suite or above..  I mentioned on the survey it took so many noisy passes to fill a cup that didn't even fit on the awful Lavazza machine on the survey.  So this cruise we now have 4 Lavazza cups, 2 small and 2 tiny in our junior suite.  Still the same horrible, noisy machine though, haha.  

I use Vietnamese 3 in 1 coffee packets that are too strong for the new tiny cups.  Starbucks Via is excellent but would have the same problem.  I keep peeking into rooms and haven't seen any kettles on the ship.  Hopefully Adventure will have one for you.  We were told they were all disposed of here.  

Grab a cup from the dining room

3 hours ago, jerkymom said:

Go to Cafe Promenade there's a stack of cups by the self serve coffee/tea/water station.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lhsail said: