Must trys on MDR menu vs. Skip it!

dgoz

Eat the bread, drink water and skip everything else.👍🤗

It is a time for you to go beyond the lines and try stuff that you wouldn’t or couldn’t make yourself.   All of the prime ribs steak and etc are to easy to make and most of us have that regularly 

If you order something and don’t like it you can always leave it and ask for something else.    You can also ask for something to be a side portion and it will be a smaller.    If you order something for dinner to try and don’t like it you can leave it and go to the buffet after.  It will surprise you what they have up there for dinner.   Many times it is the same stuff and as much as you want at you own pace and the atmosphere is set up for dinner dining and you don’t have to get dressed up.   Shorts are fine.  Plus you can take the food outside and dine under the stars  with the sound and view of the wake.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, miched said:

Eat the bread, drink water and skip everything else.👍🤗

It is a time for you to go beyond the lines and try stuff that you wouldn’t or couldn’t make yourself.   All of the prime ribs steak and etc are to easy to make and most of us have that regularly 

aw but I have ventured into the unknown based on descriptions only to be fooled and annoyed with what came to my table.  I like a lot of things and I like to see it first and so I do the buffets at night and they are pretty good.   Let''s face it, for superb super fine dining, stay on land or do specialty.  MDR have to cater to everyone and they are fairly good.  I say fairly.  

12 minutes ago, SonuvaBeach said:

BRAISED SHORT RIBS!!! we get an extra helping,,they are soo good! and the beef carpaccio appetizer...

I forgot about the braised short ribs.  Excellent but I prefer mashed potatoes to polenta.

22 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

French onion soup( without the cheese, as I am Dairy Intolerant) or x2 Shrimp cocktail. 
Then lamb, as I don’t have chance to eat it at home as my husband doesn’t like it - says it’s too fatty.

B37EEA5B-08CF-4AA6-AE0F-4D7D9D1AF66C.thumb.jpeg.01530038254be26ee555a9503f754d16.jpeg

I’d eat that. 
yum 

20 hours ago, louise1809 said:

Love that Prime Rib! Is it just served randomly or on a set evening of the cruise? We have lots of speciality dining booked but would hate to miss it. 

I'm bummed because that is the night I booked Murano at the 1st night discount rate.

On our Reflection B2B in December I ordered the Spiced Louisiana Gumbo on the first leg of our cruise.  It was delicious.  On the second leg when it was offered, I ask the waiters for 'five gallons to go.'  We both got a kick out of that.  Ande, the Laminae  maître de apparently got wind and came over to see if I had an appropriate container.   We all got a big kick out of it.   

If you see it on the MDR menu, order it if you enjoy a little kick in your food. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 12:22 PM, mbddisney said:

Can someone tell me when do they serve the Oysters Rockefeller, I do not see it on any of the menus.  We are on the Apex in April

No oysters Rockefeller on our recent Constellation cruise. 

There was a scallops Rockefeller on the second dress up night.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:47 PM, padgman1 said:

I would recommend trying any of the cold "fruit" soups on the appetizer menus - the pear with honey and the strawberry being favs of mine.

I tend to stick to the fish entrees on board and most of them are tasty (though the cod entree that my wife had last month on Reflection looked odd - covered in breadcrumbs - but she said it was delicious).

Celebrity's versions of classic appetizers ( beef carpaccio, iceberg wedge salad, caprese salad, etc.) are very good. On my scallops Rockefeller order, I got 2 scallops ( sorry, @cruisestitch).

Your listing some of my favorite foods.  Beef carpaccio, iceberg wedge salad, caprese salad. Also Crème Brûlée, Prime rib, escargot. I love the cold soups. Seem like the last 5+ years I have only seen cold soups at lunch in the Oceanview café. Almost forgot the short ribs. 

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

3 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Note to self:  Must try the bread.  🙂

Speaking of bread how would one handle double dipping? Every time i see a table mate bite a piece of bread then put it back in the butter it turns me off. Others too I'm sure. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Speaking of bread how would one handle double dipping? Every time i see a table mate bite a piece of bread then put it back in the butter it turns me off. Others too I'm sure. 

I hope the dips are individual!😱

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I hope the dips are individual!😱

Its the 3 types of butter that comes with the bread.  It was just the one tablemate that did it and it turned me off having bread and butter with my meal.  It comes down to plain manners which many are lacking.

French Onion soup and on the Millie Sailing, in the OV buffet at lunch they had a spaghetti carbonara in a cheese wheel that was so good.  It's Americanized, pasta isn't al dente, excessively cheesy (uses cows milk parm vs the traditional sheeps milk) and is a garlic bomb (garlic isn't even a traditional carbonara ingredient) but it was so good

image.thumb.png.4e811f786827ce0744eddeefc33b9acf.png

• Like 5