No Lobster on our next cruse

Vlgg731

1 minute ago, 5waldos said:

Uh- What app? Can someone post a link please? Or is it someplace on the Celebrity app?

The App is the Celebrity App ---

I you click the Calendar it will show you all of your reservations (if not go to the bottom  and choose Change Ships / Dates.) 

I you want a different ship or sailing go to very bottom and choose Get more details on the ships we support

Choose Ship and sailing

Choose a current sailing if you want to see how it will look when populated

Click the dining icon on the bottom - top right and select the dining room

On that one choose the blue menu   -  at bottom you can change

the day of the cruise.

24 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

You all Lobster lovers had seen the unclear nerve illness cases? 

Nobody know the reason, but more than 90% of the patients had cold water Lobster before.... 

Grew up near Boston, still live here, have been eating lobster from Maine my entire life, never once have I gotten ill from it.  I eat it steamed, in a roll with buttah or mayo.  On the ship it is meh and just not a big deal to me.

3 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I know the menus on the app changed a couple weeks before we came on board the sailing we're on now. 

Honestly, though, the spiny lobster ain't that great. I skipped it last night. 

Agree -  I am not very fond of it myself.    I do however love the lobster tail prepped table side in Murano.  The Lobster rolls in Luminae are pretty tasty also but of course are also Spiny Lobster but lots of Mayo

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Agree -  I am not very fond of it myself.    I do however love the lobster tail prepped table side in Murano.  The Lobster rolls in Luminae are pretty tasty also but of course are also Spiny Lobster but lots of Mayo

I'd much prefer the crab legs you mentioned getting on your Alaska cruise! 

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

I'd much prefer the crab legs you mentioned getting on your Alaska cruise! 

Yes definitely try fresh crab legs in a port on your Alaska cruise.  There are a number of varieties and all are delicious.  

36 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

You all Lobster lovers had seen the unclear nerve illness cases? 

Nobody know the reason, but more than 90% of the patients had cold water Lobster before.... 

This mysterious (and rare)  illness is centered around part of New Brunswick, Canada.  Origin unknown.  Unfounded conspiracy theory at this point relating it to eating local lobster.  The medical and scientific community there has not established any link.  I would happily eat a lobster on a Canada / NE cruise from Boston, Maine, or any of the Canadian maritime ports.  Great lobster in Halifax!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

This mysterious (and rare)  illness is centered around part of New Brunswick, Canada.  Origin unknown.  Unfounded conspiracy theory at this point relating it to eating local lobster.  The medical and scientific community there has not established any link.  I would happily eat a lobster on a Canada / NE cruise from Boston, Maine, or any of the Canadian maritime ports.  Great lobster in Halifax!

Tom's Lobster Shack in Peggy's Cove, to die for, has been years since I ate there but I can still taste it!

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Tom's Lobster Shack in Peggy's Cove,

I just put that on my list for a couple of cruises we have in August stopping in Halifax.  Thanks for info.

I have quite a bit of experience with Cold Water Lobsters.   In high school I worked at at Lobster Place that had a double lobster night -  2  1.5 pound lobsters for 9.95.    I guess I'm truly showing my age.    On the lobster night I would have to kill and split open 200-300 lobsters for baked stuffed lobster. 

I still salivate over the thought of tender sweet lobster claws.

Edited by Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Your not cruising until July, why are you fretting about it in February?

Because it is February and Punxsutawney Phil saw shadow, meaning winter is here to stay! 😪

Everybody is grumpy when that little rodent does that and they have to complain about something. 

🙂 

• Haha 1

For someone who doesn't enjoy lobster, is there a way to make it more interesting?  I'm talking about both at home (North Carolina) and on the ship?  To me, it doesn't have a lot of flavor.  And I don't enjoy any place where I have to use my hands a lot to eat.  I'm thinking mostly of crab legs.  Is it the same with lobster tails?  I grew up eating chicken with my hands, and I'd much rather use a fork and knife, thank you.

12 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Because it is February and Punxsutawney Phil saw shadow, meaning winter is here to stay! 😪

Everybody is grumpy when that little rodent does that and they have to complain about something. 

🙂

I guess you need a California Punxsutawney Phil.   We hit a record 80F yesterday in the San Francisco Bay area.   Even 75 in downtown S.F. 

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

For someone who doesn't enjoy lobster, is there a way to make it more interesting?  I'm talking about both at home (North Carolina) and on the ship?  To me, it doesn't have a lot of flavor.  And I don't enjoy any place where I have to use my hands a lot to eat.  I'm thinking mostly of crab legs.  Is it the same with lobster tails?  I grew up eating chicken with my hands, and I'd much rather use a fork and knife, thank you.

You may like it in Murano.   They remove it from the shell and cook tableside with a cream cognac sauce.  It is put back in the shell for presentation but no need to touch it at all.

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You may like it in Murano.   They remove it from the shell and cook tableside with a cream cognac sauce.  It is put back in the shell for presentation but no need to touch it at all.

OK, thank you.  I guess I should try that.  Since we will certainly try Murano at least once on our September cruise, maybe more.  Is there any way to know if that is "real" lobster, i.e., cold water and not some spiny Caribbean crawfish?

Edited by zitsky

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just put that on my list for a couple of cruises we have in August stopping in Halifax.  Thanks for info.

I have quite a bit of experience with Cold Water Lobsters.   In high school I worked at at Lobster Place that had a double lobster night -  2  1.5 pound lobsters for 9.95.    I guess I'm truly showing my age.    On the lobster night I would have to kill and split open 200-300 lobsters for baked stuffed lobster. 

I still salivate over the thought of tender sweet lobster claws.

Now if I could only get them to serve Ipswich whole belly fried clams and tartar sauce on my next cruise!

Edited by LGW59

Just now, LGW59 said:

Now if I could only get them to serve Ipswich whole belly clams and tartar sauce on my next cruise!

Is the tartar sauce for the clams or for fish?  You mean there is no tartar sauce on board or just not in the right place?  

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

OK, thank you.  I guess I should try that.  Since we will certainly try Murano at least once on our September cruise, maybe more.  Is there any way to know if that is "real" lobster, i.e., cold water and not some spiny Caribbean crawfish?

Last August the menu for Murano even said "warm water lobster", and as I said above our waiter discouraged us from ordering it. Instead, we had wonderful rack of lamb perfectly prepared and melt in your mouth tender. We didn't try this, but on other threads many people rave about the Dover Sole in Murano as well.

Edited by terrydtx

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is the tartar sauce for the clams or for fish?  You mean there is no tartar sauce on board or just not in the right place?  

For me, I use on both, always always with fried clams and I spread it on a fish sandwich as well, basically for any fried fish I eat.  There is tartar sauce on board in the buffet on days they serve fish n chips, I just don't eat at buffets.

Edited by LGW59

Just now, zitsky said:

You can bet that almost 100% lobster you get on a cruise ship are warm water lobster.   The cost and availability of Cold Water Lobsters would be prohibitive.   The only time I've seen "Real" Lobster is a special dinner at about $75 a person on  a New England cruise.  For that they had whole lobster with both body and claws.    Even what they serve in Murano is warm water lobster.

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Last August the menu for Murano even said "warm water lobster", and as I said above our waiter discouraged us from ordering it. Instead, we had wonderful rack of lamb perfectly prepared and melt in your mouth tender. We didn't try this, but on other threads many people rave about the Dover Sole in Murano as well.

OK.  Lamb is good too.  Do they ask you to choose how well-done or do you like to take their recommendation?  With lamb, I always debate between having it medium rare (like beef) or medium.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Last August on Equinox, I tried to get Mexican Salsa for my eggs and omelets at breakfast in our cabin, and no one knew what I was talking about, all they would bring was hot sauce. Even our Butler couldn't find any for us. Was very surprised they didn't have any on a Caribbean cruise, so tarter sauce may be just as hard to get.