Best bar for old fashioned Allure of the Seas

9 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

It would matter more on who makes the drink, or knows how.

That drink has not been very popular since Frank & Dean were around.

You must not be a bourbon guy…. It’s still on of the most popular drinks and on almost every good restaurant/bar menu!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

You must not be a bourbon guy…. It’s still on of the most popular drinks and on almost every good restaurant/bar menu!

Not much of a Bourbon drinker.

I was basing my response off years of bartending.

But it could have been the types of places I worked at.

Not really sophisticated places.

Somehow I can recall exactly how to make them properly...

Edited by matj2000
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

They are extremely popular at most places I go that make more craft style drinks.  I love the smoke infusion when they make them at the bar.  The aroma is incredible.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, topnole said:

They are extremely popular at most places I go that make more craft style drinks.  I love the smoke infusion when they make them at the bar.  The aroma is incredible.  

Unfortunately for my pocketbook I’m a big bourbon guy and have a pretty good collection of allocated bottles. I drink more barrel strength neat or with a small cube of ice but also really enjoy a old fashioned since they are easy to make at home!

If you ever come across a restaurant called Whiskey Cake try their smoked old fashioned and the coffee infused Buffalo Trace!! 

Edited by CruisingHogFan
  • Like 2

Although the basic recipes for drinks like the Old Fashioned, the Martini and the Manhattan have been around for decades there are hundreds of different ways they are made.

It's all a matter of taste depending on the spirits used and the different nuances of each preparation, I bet that no two bars or bartenders on a ship turn out the same exact drink.

Best part of being on a ship is that there is another bar and plenty of other bartenders within walking distance.  Even better is the fact that after an evening checking out your favorite mixes your stateroom i just a few minutes away.

Have fun seeking out your favorite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

I'm starting to enjoy them with the vouchers. 

But you're right, it's the bartenders that make them shine

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

Although the basic recipes for drinks like the Old Fashioned, the Martini and the Manhattan have been around for decades there are hundreds of different ways they are made.

It's all a matter of taste depending on the spirits used and the different nuances of each preparation, I bet that no two bars or bartenders on a ship turn out the same exact drink.

Best part of being on a ship is that there is another bar and plenty of other bartenders within walking distance.  Even better is the fact that after an evening checking out your favorite mixes your stateroom i just a few minutes away.

Schooner makes one with dark rum that's tasty

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, avw3 said:

We were just on Allure and the Schooner Bar bartenders seemed to make the best drinks most consistently. I had several old fashions there and my wife loved their cosmos.

I regret not trying Odyssey Schooner Bar last trip.

47 minutes ago, avw3 said:

We were just on Allure and the Schooner Bar bartenders seemed to make the best drinks most consistently. I had several old fashions there and my wife loved their cosmos.

Pretty sure the bartenders rotate every couple weeks for most of the bars.  So it could change from cruise to cruise.  

5 hours ago, boscobeans said:

We went to a bar last night (on land). My friend ordered 3. The first was in an oversized shot glass. The second was nearly twice as big as the first. The third one was completely different tasting. I know not all are going to be exactly the same. Just comical of the typical variation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Bourbon drinker here and I love the classics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Unfortunately for my pocketbook I’m a big bourbon guy and have a pretty good collection of allocated bottles. I drink more barrel strength neat or with a small cube of ice but also really enjoy a old fashioned since they are easy to make at home!

If you ever come across a restaurant called Whiskey Cake try their smoked old fashioned and the coffee infused Buffalo Trace!! 

Thanks! Hubby is also a bourbon drinker and enjoys Old Fashions and Buffalo Trace! I see there is a Whiskey Restaurant in Tampa and will definitely visit! Cheers!

He prefers Buffalo Trace over Blanton's, as well.

Edited by SilkySal
add

10 hours ago, matj2000 said:

I bartend in a wedding/function venue and you would be surprised how many people are ordering old fashioneds

Edited by Scoobydobe7
  • Like 2