Princess Air Arrangements

Carol28

We booked an Australia/New Zealand trip for next February. Today I decided to check how much airfare is roundtrip Sydney even though I know I cannot plug in the dates for our travel. I just used this year and made up dates similar to our dates for next year.  What a surprise!  Airfare is over $2,000 for economy and $15,000 for First class.  (these are approximate, of course) Flying with miles is about 900,000 for First Class.  Here's my question - I know Princess can arrange our flights, but will the fares be less expensive?  I realize this is all 'iffy', but I just want to know experiences of others.

Yes. International flights tend to be less using EZ Air including 1st/business class. Check out fares by doing a mock booking for a cruise 300 days from now. Also once within the 330 day window of the return flight check EZ Air for your cruise. Look for connecting flights with layovers which may be less.

• Like 1

We flew from California to London a couple of years ago. We have to fly cattle class so I wanted to fly Virgin Atlantic as the seats are a little larger and the service is good. I checked with the airline, cheapoair, kayak, etc. and, no matter where I looked, it was always over $5,000 each - one way! I checked with Princess EZ Air and got the exact same flights for $500 each. With domestic flights I haven't really seen a huge saving but, for international flights, I will go with Princess every time from now on.

• Like 2

We did this trip in 2020 and the air fare you are seeing is accurate. We paid for first class 15,000 cdn for  The air fare for first class through Princess was 7,500 per person cdn each way.  Not sure why this was the case had used Princess for air fare prior and there was usually very  little difference. The price for first class air only goes up closer to the time you fly. I am so glad we flew first class as it was a an 18 hr flight. With a 16 hr time difference.  You arrive in Sydney still a little jet lagged but not that bad. Was wonderful to be able to sleep or to just sit up in a comfortable position. Also you could request a meal when you wanted  it. Also you  need  a visa for Australia and New Zealand.  Enjoy the cruise.

Just booked business class on Etihad Airlines back from Singapore to Canada next January.  Actual Fare US$3929 each, EZAir price $2321!   ...and I will keep monitoring in case it reduces.

Similarly booked Premium Select on Delta to Singapore in December at $1477 each, a couple of days later reduced to $1243.

I literally check both fares daily.

Edited by racj846
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:11 PM, Carol28 said:

We booked an Australia/New Zealand trip for next February. Today I decided to check how much airfare is roundtrip Sydney even though I know I cannot plug in the dates for our travel. I just used this year and made up dates similar to our dates for next year.  What a surprise!  Airfare is over $2,000 for economy and $15,000 for First class.  (these are approximate, of course) Flying with miles is about 900,000 for First Class.  Here's my question - I know Princess can arrange our flights, but will the fares be less expensive?  I realize this is all 'iffy', but I just want to know experiences of others.

What dates did you use?

On 2/15/2022 at 5:20 PM, skynight said:

Yes. International flights tend to be less using EZ Air including 1st/business class. Check out fares by doing a mock booking for a cruise 300 days from now. Also once within the 330 day window of the return flight check EZ Air for your cruise. Look for connecting flights with layovers which may be less.

Problem with that is you'll be searching flights around christmas which is peak season for australia so wont represent your Feb flights.

Edited by jimbo1683

I am guessing that Princess is offering is bulk airfares Which they negotiate with the airlines in advance. You will have no control over your reservation until it’s paid in full. So if you want to upgrade  you’ll have to request early ticketing. You might be able to go into your reservation and pick a seat before it’s paid in full, but it is not going to be guaranteed until princess actually pays for the flights.

i’ve had no issues whatsoever with using princess Easyair but I always request early ticketing so that I can manage my reservation.

We have found EZAir to be a bargain for international flights but not domestic. Try and book as soon as the flights are available because you can always keep checking back and change until final payment. I have done this and have actually obtained a better rate than the original booking.

• 7 months later...

Princess ez Air does not get you seating prior to the Flight.  This is not good if you are flying an extended flight and would like to sit someone.   Right now, we are 19 days out and calling American Airlines to get seating on our booked flights to Australia (17 hr. flight). We most likely will have to pay extra to get seating prior to the flight. This is not acceptable, and Princess does not make this very visible to customers!!!

11 hours ago, IMReadytogoagain said:

Princess ez Air does not get you seating prior to the Flight.  This is not good if you are flying an extended flight and would like to sit someone.   Right now, we are 19 days out and calling American Airlines to get seating on our booked flights to Australia (17 hr. flight). We most likely will have to pay extra to get seating prior to the flight. This is not acceptable, and Princess does not make this very visible to customers!!!

If you do not have status on AA, you would need to pay for certain seats categories.  But you shoukd be able to get a seat assignment.  What is AA telling you?  Did you give them your AA confirmation number and can they see your reservation?

I have always been able to get seats on line with AA and United.n

On 2/15/2022 at 9:11 AM, Carol28 said:

They'll get you on the cheapest flights, convenience not being a factor.  Probably on flights that you would not book for yourself, but they'll be cheap.

2 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

They'll get you on the cheapest flights, convenience not being a factor.  Probably on flights that you would not book for yourself, but they'll be cheap.

EZ Air doesn't assign the flights.  We've never had an issue finding flights convenient for us.  You pick them and you can filter your search by non-stop, number of stops, airline(s), airports, departure day and time, etc. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, IMReadytogoagain said:

I think this depends on the airline's policies.

We have booked EZAir for a flight in regular coach next year from Europe to the USA that is booked as an AA flight but is operated by BA. EZAir allowed us to request seat assignments at no cost.

6 hours ago, ghgeckos said:

We booked ez Air on British Airways in Business class and was able to go on British Airways website and select our seats within a few days of booking our ez air with Princess.

Business class passengers can get seat assignments at no cost as soon as the flights are booked.

Not necessarily the same for coach passengers who, depending on the airline, may have to wait until 24 hours before flight time to get a seat assignment at no cost.