Upgrade offer - Feb. 23 Marina cruise

lj77346

For anyone who might be interested, here is the upgrade offer we received for the Feb. 23 Marina (once upon a time Sirena) 10-day cruise.

We currently have a B3 veranda with an extended balcony towards the aft on deck 7.  We were offered an upgrade to a concierge veranda for $150/person or an upgrade to a penthouse for $650/person.  IMO there is nothing to be gained by going to a concierge veranda especially as we would lose the extended balcony.  If we had not cruised in a penthouse previously, we might have been tempted by that upgrade, however, although the room would be larger, we would be getting a smaller balcony and the executive lounge and access to the Aquamar deck area is not important to us.  In addition, as the cruise likely will have only around 400 passengers, getting additional specialty restaurant reservations should not be a problem.

We have 4 cruises booked on the Regatta from May through September of this year, so it will be interesting to see if we'll get any upgrade offers for those cruise, which I doubt if passenger capacity increases.

• Like 1

I am on the Marina now.  The week before our cruise began I received an upgrade offer directly from Oceania, even though I have a travel agent.  I always get emails from Oceania about the same time that my TA receives them.  

4 hours ago, lj77346 said:

For anyone who might be interested, here is the upgrade offer we received for the Feb. 23 Marina (once upon a time Sirena) 10-day cruise.

We currently have a B3 veranda with an extended balcony towards the aft on deck 7.  We were offered an upgrade to a concierge veranda for $150/person or an upgrade to a penthouse for $650/person.  IMO there is nothing to be gained by going to a concierge veranda especially as we would lose the extended balcony.  If we had not cruised in a penthouse previously, we might have been tempted by that upgrade, however, although the room would be larger, we would be getting a smaller balcony and the executive lounge and access to the Aquamar deck area is not important to us.  In addition, as the cruise likely will have only around 400 passengers, getting additional specialty restaurant reservations should not be a problem.

We have 4 cruises booked on the Regatta from May through September of this year, so it will be interesting to see if we'll get any upgrade offers for those cruise, which I doubt if passenger capacity increases.

While it sounds crazy the best cabin on Regatta  is the F  inside on  deck 8/7    Same as the PH  which are marginal for the cost    The location is perfect... 20 ft to the elevator up  to the pool Waves bar  and Horizons...Down to the show....   Location  Location location   I have sailed in every class on Regatta  and....well...  Ill take those forward insides over anything on the ship....even vista   The F insides are like the verandas  with no veranda.   You have a tv to see outside and  steps away from the elevator for a far better view     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

While it sounds crazy the best cabin on Regatta  is the F  inside on  deck 8/7    Same as the PH  which are marginal for the cost    The location is perfect... 20 ft to the elevator up  to the pool Waves bar  and Horizons...Down to the show....   Location  Location location   I have sailed in every class on Regatta  and....well...  Ill take those forward insides over anything on the ship....even vista   The F insides are like the verandas  with no veranda.   You have a tv to see outside and  steps away from the elevator for a far better view     

You know how to work a TV?  Isn't that too techie, after your diatribes against smart phones?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

You know why it sounds crazy? Because it is crazy. The best cabin is an inside cabin? That's just plain crazy talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If those insides on an R ship are as big as you say and don’t have a matchbox for a bathroom, then I am with you (and so is my oversized rump), if not it’s a PH and above for me on R’s. 

I am not surprised O is trying for upsell’s on the marina exchange cruises. I think you were definitely wise not to take it. 

12 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

You know why it sounds crazy? Because it is crazy. The best cabin is an inside cabin? That's just plain crazy talk.

In that ship.....To me  it is the best   Location  none better    Its a reality you need to  consider...

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You know how to work a TV?  Isn't that too techie, after your diatribes against smart phones?

How sweet of you....to take you time to  tell me....   I wont try to degrade you...you have done it far better than I could.

We got the same offer. Oceania e mailed our travel agent who forwarded to us. We are staying put in our regular balcony.  The only tempting part was the use of the pool. I can’t remember if it’s a real thalassotherapy pool. We loved the ones on the old Celebrity ships. It does not seem such a great cost savings. Who knows maybe another offer will come.

Jazzbeau, I don't know what the qualifications are to be a 'host' or a 'moderator' as your tag suggests, but I would hope you would hold yourself to a higher standards than we lesser folk.  The cruisecritic message boards protocol urges us to be civil, and I for one think your snark to Dan is rude and uncalled for.  I bettcha you have things you are not savvy about, but you have perhaps managed to protect yourself from the barbs by not admitting to your technological deficits.   Let's be nice....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WFHFLOYD said:

Jazzbeau, I don't know what the qualifications are to be a 'host' or a 'moderator' as your tag suggests, but I would hope you would hold yourself to a higher standards than we lesser folk.  The cruisecritic message boards protocol urges us to be civil, and I for one think your snark to Dan is rude and uncalled for.  I bettcha you have things you are not savvy about, but you have perhaps managed to protect yourself from the barbs by not admitting to your technological deficits.   Let's be nice....

I'm sorry if I don't live up to your definition of Host, but I also don't think you have seen all of Dan's recent posts that triggered my response.  Maybe I was over the top – but going back and deleting all the relevant posts seems like rewriting history so I will leave this to other Hosts to police.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm sorry if I don't live up to your definition of Host, but I also don't think you have seen all of Dan's recent posts that triggered my response.  Maybe I was over the top – but going back and deleting all the relevant posts seems like rewriting history so I will leave this to other Hosts to police.

As a community manager for over 20 years, you are doing nothing wrong imo - there is nothing wrong with pushing back from time to time to snap people out of a rut of spiky posts. It was a little poke back that was very tempered. Removing posts is the least dignified and most uncommunity interest way of doing things imo, so I appreciate your way of doing things much more. 

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I took your comments as lighthearted teasing, not snarky, since Dan seemed to almost brag about not using current phone tech. To each his own

• Like 2

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

We're on your cruise too.  Our offer was 1500PP for an Oceania Suite and 2k a person for a Vista Suite.  We're currently in a PH 2 suite.  I declined the offer. 

Have you been in an Oceania Suite? It's a pretty nice step up from a PH. For me though it would depend on the itinerary, and what I had already paid for the PH.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Have you been in an Oceania Suite? It's a pretty nice step up from a PH. For me though it would depend on the itinerary, and what I had already paid for the PH.

No, this is our first cruise on O.  We're going to San Juan, St. Lucia, St. Marteen, Puerto Plata and Antigua.   We paid around 9500.00 for the suite.  Its not worth it for another 3k.  If I receive this offer for our Baltic cruise next year, I'd do it. 

31 minutes ago, calicakes said:

No, this is our first cruise on O.  We're going to San Juan, St. Lucia, St. Marteen, Puerto Plata and Antigua.   We paid around 9500.00 for the suite.  Its not worth it for another 3k.  If I receive this offer for our Baltic cruise next year, I'd do it. 

If you have a port intensive cruise  & ashore most of the day  probably the PH will do fine

JMO

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, smj said:

Yesterday we received an unexpected cabin change. We were moved from deck 7 to deck 8. We were told that  our booked cabin would be unavailable “due to evolving technical needs”.

Wonder what that means?????????

On 2/16/2022 at 2:15 PM, Hawaiidan said:

In that ship.....To me  it is the best   Location  none better    Its a reality you need to  consider...

So a 160 square foot inside cabin is the best cabin? Or is their website wrong about the size? And there's more to a cabin than the location.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

So a 160 square foot inside cabin is the best cabin? Or is their website wrong about the size? And there's more to a cabin than the location.

Can you imagine being stuck in that cabin on the Diamond Princess in Feb 2020?