Milkshakes on drinks packages

M8lyx

5 hours ago, kearney said:

From what I saw the smoothies at the spa cafe were of the kale variety... not the yogurt fruit type... more healthy than the type of smoothie I like...  someone posted this menu on another thread... not quite what a kid might confuse with a milkshake

I am not 100% sure because we usually get them in Luminae or at the Elite (and above) breakfast on the S-Class but the smoothies that we have had for breakfast are the yogurt + fruit kind, not the same as the ones from the Spa Cafe. 

So if you really want some more along the lines of yogurt and fruit ask and see if they have them at breakfast. 

The closest thing to a milkshake I have found is the soft serve ice cream at the OVC. 

On 2/17/2022 at 11:58 AM, TeeRick said:

Has anybody checked to see if they have a blender in the ice cream station in the Oceanview Cafe?  

They never had one in the past.  I have gotten a milkshake (thick shake) at several bars by taking them a bowl of ice cream.  They added milk and blended.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I would love something like a mudslide, but I don't like coffee flavours. Can I get a chocolate only mudslide.... virgin or not ...on the classic drinks package? 

Also the pink squirrel sounds good, can I order that?

I think creamy drinks, rather than acidic ones ... not too fussed about the brand of licor.

Edited by debsjc

Yes…chocolate flavored virgin mudslide is possible and delicious.  I like to request additional chocolate to make it more like a milkshake.  And that’s part of the classic drink package.

not sure about a pink squirrel…that used to be my grandma’s favorite 😍.

All bars and the ice cream station use a blue carton based mix for vanilla soft-serve and blended drinks.  There is another one that is red for chocolate flavor, although at the bars it's possible they could use chocolate syrup to accomplish a chocolate flavored drink.  Strawberry flavor or puree may be available depending on location.  That would be added to the Vanilla base.

While I'm not sure if the ice cream or gelato is actually any different than the carton based product, one could take a scoop of ice cream to the bar at the OVC where there might be a blender and access to milk.  Sunset bar also has a blender, but the ice cream may melt by the time one gets up the rear steep stairs (possibly corrected on Beyond and Ascent).

Considering the ice cream and carton based product have relatively low milk fat, one may want to use whole milk help with heft.  The stabilizers in the carton product may help, too. 

Edited by Cap_D

On 3/18/2023 at 6:08 AM, PTC DAWG said:

Who knew? 

The Pink Squirrel is one of 3 typical ice cream drinks commonly served in Wisconsin Supper Clubs; with the others being a Brandy Alexander and Grasshopper.

Hahaha…

Grew up eating @ Mid-West Supper Clubs…

Mainly WI & IA. 

On 2/17/2022 at 11:20 AM, josh1324342 said:

Why does it have to be so hard?  There has to be some demand for milkshakes on a cruise, doesn't there?  I don't drink alcohol, so the drinks package is a waste for me, there's only so much water I can drink in a day 🙂, but I could easily make it back in milkshakes.

I also am not an alcohol drinker but in order to get something for my all included Classic Drink Package I have developed a taste for Virgin Peach or Strawberry Daiquiri's or Pina Coladas! But I must say a good Milkshake would be a grand addition to that list.😗

On 2/18/2022 at 6:18 PM, Alakegirl said:

Smoothies aren’t milkshakes.  Floats aren’t milkshakes.  Virgin mudslides aren’t either.  All delicious in their own way but not milkshakes

Agree but soft serve with a couple shots of say Amarula is maybe better. Or another flavor.