Is carnival getting drink stations?

codeyell0

It would be a smart move to put a drink station outside of the buffet area of every ship.  That would really free up the bar tenders to take care of other drinks and not have to deal with soda.  When we went on a Disney cruise, they had the drink station outside of the buffet.  On the RCL ship we sailed, the drink stations were on several decks.  They had cups that had chips in them and there was a huge selection of drinks.  

It looks like Carnival has some drink stations on the Mardi Gras where you swipe your card.  I hope they do add them to some of the other ships.  

15 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It would be a smart move to put a drink station outside of the buffet area of every ship.  That would really free up the bar tenders to take care of other drinks and not have to deal with soda.  When we went on a Disney cruise, they had the drink station outside of the buffet.  On the RCL ship we sailed, the drink stations were on several decks.  They had cups that had chips in them and there was a huge selection of drinks.  

It looks like Carnival has some drink stations on the Mardi Gras where you swipe your card.  I hope they do add them to some of the other ships.  

I wonder how the soda tastes, sometimes the water on the ship is perfectly safe to drink but doesn't have the pure taste you'd think would be necessary to make a nice glass of pop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I wonder how the soda tastes, sometimes the water on the ship is perfectly safe to drink but doesn't have the pure taste you'd think would be necessary to make a nice glass of pop.

I've had good experiences with the soda on Disney and Royal.  I know that drinks out of multiplex machines can taste a bit off if the drinks aren't calibrated correctly, but the drinks I had were always fine.  I do prefer bottled or canned drinks because I know those will always taste good.  I just don't like going to a bar to get a soda.  It seems like such a waste of a bartender's time.  Plus, I really like the larger selection of drinks with the machines.

Edited by TNcruising02

13 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I've had good experiences with the soda on Disney and Royal.  I know that drinks out of multiplex machines can taste a bit off if the drinks aren't calibrated correctly, but the drinks I had were always fine.  I do prefer bottled or canned drinks because I know those will always taste good.  I just don't like going to a bar to get a soda.  It seems like such a waste of a bartender's time.  Plus, I really like the larger selection of drinks with the machines.

RCL has it right.  I love that machine. especially since it has vitamin water.  I don't always like soda but love all the flavors of vitamin water.  Plus I can refill when ever, they had machines where really needed
in the buffet, by just about any food.  I hate having to ask someone to get me a drink or waiting in line at the bar for a soda or juice.  Like you I think most of us will just get it our selves if its fast. 

I'm also surprised no one has learned to make sweet tea. (the iced T is horrible) I would think it would be very simple to make/store. for guests. I live in the south and its a stable down here. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mz-s said:

The water used in any food service venue fountain drink is tap water.  It may or may not be filtered at the machine.  Venues are also known to forget changing the filter )if there is one) for years at a time.

There is no 'pure taste'. 😐

Shipboard water supplies are likely better than what you get on shore.  

15 hours ago, mz-s said:

Msc had a soda station and a beer station on the ship we were on tasted fine to me.Carnival might be different 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pr8hd said:

The water used in any food service venue fountain drink is tap water.  It may or may not be filtered at the machine.  Venues are also known to forget changing the filter )if there is one) for years at a time.

There is no 'pure taste'. 😐

Shipboard water supplies are likely better than what you get on shore.  

Anyone that's been on a cruise or two has experienced the tap water tasting a little like low tide or having an ultra chlorinated taste/odor. Not the kind of purity you'd expect to be acceptable for mixing with soft drink syrup.

6 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Anyone that's been on a cruise or two has experienced the tap water tasting a little like low tide or having an ultra chlorinated taste/odor. Not the kind of purity you'd expect to be acceptable for mixing with soft drink syrup.

Been on several cruises with different lines.  Have not encountered what you describe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Not me. On our sailings I only drink tap water(when I want a drink of water, lol.) In fact, the tap water from the ship actually tastes better than the tap water I drink here at home. As always, YMMV. :classic_wink:

• Like 2

I love Carnival but this is one thing that really aggravates me.  I don't like that kids have to go to the bars to get soft drinks and it makes the bartenders even busier.  Drink stations would allow kids a more appropriate place to get drinks and adults would get served quicker at bars. My guess is they don't do it because they are afraid or waste costing them money. 

22 hours ago, codeyell0 said:

I'm also surprised no one has learned to make sweet tea. (the iced T is horrible) I would think it would be very simple to make/store. for guests. I live in the south and its a stable down here. 

As someone with southern roots, sweet tea is nothing more than regular tea with sugar added. Get the ice tea and add the sugar yourself. 

19 hours ago, boomhower said:

I love Carnival but this is one thing that really aggravates me.  I don't like that kids have to go to the bars to get soft drinks and it makes the bartenders even busier.  Drink stations would allow kids a more appropriate place to get drinks and adults would get served quicker at bars. My guess is they don't do it because they are afraid or waste costing them money. 

I always get bottomless bubbles.  I am not thrilled at all the time I have to spend standing at a bar waiting to get a soda.  Would love to see soda stations on all CCL ships.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

As someone with southern roots, sweet tea is nothing more than regular tea with sugar added. Get the ice tea and add the sugar yourself. 

Correct, but if the sugar is not added while the tea is still not, it will never dissolve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

56 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

Correct, but if the sugar is not added while the tea is still not, it will never dissolve.

I drink a lot of the ice tea on Carnival. I just add some Splenda. It melts just fine.