Does everyone in YC need the area to be so quiet?

EggsyH

No

Thats what the rest of the ship is... Music on the large pool deck, bars etc

Party away everywhere else.....

FWIW there were several LOUD groups during our B2Bs... loud in the lounge and dining that people DID complain to the staff...

The groups were beyond obnoxious.

And we watched the same woman overserved a few times yelling to the sax player etc... mgt had to get involved

And there were groups drinking in the hot tub and pool which is forbidden (health and safety regs)

And there is a great rock band in the Carousel lounge-- their rock hits set is better than their funk....It is loud and the band does a great job. 

Latin band, kareoke, etc... the ship is filled with music, loud groups and noise....

Want that in your lounges and so on-- you have a massive ship that offers that and more.

There was a pianist and a sax player in the TSL each night -- for background music..and there is music in the dining room and lounge 

The only quieter place is YC

A place for quiet, service

YC may not be a good fit for you

• Like 7

We were not looking for rowdy/loud, just a little more lively area during the day. Exclusivity doesn't have to equal sleepy/boring. I would like to have seen an area like Spice H2O on the NCL Breakaway. It is area located adjacent to the Haven outside deck.

21 minutes ago, EggsyH said:

We were not looking for rowdy/loud, just a little more lively area during the day. Exclusivity doesn't have to equal sleepy/boring. I would like to have seen an area like Spice H2O on the NCL Breakaway. It is area located adjacent to the Haven outside deck.

Perhaps YC is not the right product for you?

Spice H20 is outside NCL's Haven area.  I have never cruised in NCL Haven.  Now I wonder what Haven's atmosphere is like, whether if it's like the rest of NCL ship (livelier) or like like YC (quiet).

• Like 1

After your last question about bringing in family who are not in the YC and now the music-as a travel advisor I would recommend changing out of the YC. It’s not going to be your cup of tea. 

It’s more formal-it’s not a party… book aurea class

Edited by mmbcater
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, mmbcater said:

After your last question about bringing in family who are not in the YC and now the music-as a travel advisor I would recommend changing out of the YC. It’s not going to be your cup of tea. 

It’s more formal-it’s not a party… book aurea class

100% agree.  It is so nice to have the quietness and calmer YC area.  If we want a more lively atmosphere then we can go to those areas.  We love MSC because of YC.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

100% agree.  It is so nice to have the quietness and calmer YC area.  If we want a more lively atmosphere then we can go to those areas.  We love MSC because of YC.  

I agree with this view.  There are plenty of lively--and very good--music venues outside of the YC.  I did find the rather regular sedate musical performances in the YC Top Sail Lounge to become wearisome on a daily basis.  Artists were good (I have experienced better), but, have a glass or more of Prosecco on top of whatever wine one has enjoyed with dinner:  time to go to bed.  

6 hours ago, EggsyH said:

I would like to have seen an area like Spice H2O on the NCL Breakaway. It is area located adjacent to the Haven outside deck.

Spice H2O is on the opposite end of the ship from the Haven. The VIBE beach club is located next to the Haven sundeck.

As to how "active" VIBE is, it depends on the guests who are there during the cruise. If the guests are more jubilant, the area will be louder. If the guests want to sit and quietly bask in the sun, VIBE will be even quieter than the Haven sundeck.

6 hours ago, Selion said:

Now I wonder what Haven's atmosphere is like, whether if it's like the rest of NCL ship (livelier) or like like YC (quiet).

It's usually more like the Yacht Club. The Haven sundeck (on ships that have VIBE) is age restricted to 16 and older. The courtyard is all ages which can be loud if guests (children of any age) are loud.

8 hours ago, EggsyH said:

Plenty of music on pool deck as well...I'd have picked changes as we stayed there often, however people come and go - use the rea to get sun/sea air and enjoy the views.

From what I see online-- Spice H2O isn't in Haven

It IS adult only-- and given the infant/toddler/1 yr olds in YC recently--Making YC adult only would remove that issue...and the problem of babies having to be removed from the hot tub and pool

OTOH there was a lovely french family whose children were exceptionally well behaved in YC for B2Bs.

• Like 1

I understand when people want a tad more livlyness- but please, please not in YC. The whole ship is a partyzone. I have to be quite honest- I never- ever would book with MSC outside YC.

I experienced YC on my first and only MSC- cruise- and loved it. It was on board the Seaside. There are many nice and inviting lounges others are rather mehhh. The most ugly place on board is the aft section. I never, in 25 years of cruising,  experienced a more depressing, uninviting, plain and downright ugly area on board any ship.

I was very glad that I could return to YC and it´s wonderful, outstanding service.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, EggsyH said:

....I would like to have seen an area like Spice H2O on the NCL Breakaway. It is area located adjacent to the Haven outside deck.

Why not book the NCL Breakaway, that way you get what you want but do not impose your preferences on the vast majority of YC clientele. 🙄

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Selion said:

Spice H20 is outside NCL's Haven area.  I have never cruised in NCL Haven.  Now I wonder what Haven's atmosphere is like, whether if it's like the rest of NCL ship (livelier) or like like YC (quiet).

We haven't sailed YC yet (B2B in September booked) but have sailed the Haven on three different NCL ships.  One of the reasons we booked a YC cabin for September is that we were hoping it was like the Haven. 

Maybe the best way to think of these spaces (at least the Haven and what I hope we will find in the YC) is that they are the eye of a hurricane.  Once you leave these spaces, you are in the wild frenzy of everything you can find on a modern cruise ship.  Then, you can return back to the calm of the eye of the hurricane.

My two cents...

• Like 4

I agree with the original post, but I also agree with the responses (at least the ones that were not condescending). 

We did YC for the first time in January. We enjoyed the quiet, relaxed atmosphere even though we like a more active cruise. We enjoyed always being pampered in the YC and went to the back of the ship for more fun music and events. Then we ended up back in the YC for a nightcap before heading to the room (yes, multiple not-so-sober pizza deliveries happened). 

Doing this, we were never bothered anyone in the YC, but the staff clearly knew us as enjoying some drinks. There are still ways to do it while being respectful to the rest of the passengers. 

That being said, a night or two of some more upbeat music before dinner would be fun (maybe on the pool deck?). But I also understand that the product of YC is not that. 

We are going for my birthday in April with a group of 8. Instead of YC, I opted for an Aurea suite so we can have a little more fun together. In December, it will be YC with a non-drinking couple. 

I have sailed twice in the YC on Meraviglia and once in the Haven on NCL Getaway.  I love the fact that these areas are subdued, while we still have access to the rest of the ship, which can be anything from peaceful (i.e., The Waterfront), to loud and crazy (i.e., the main pool).  I go out and have a blast in the rest of the ship, then, when I get a little worn out, I swipe that card and return to the peace and serenity of the YC.  It's the main reason I pay so much more for the privilege.

• Like 7

Absolutely.  Yes. A 'haven of tranquility' was the description that sold it to us.

Lots of opportunities for fun and partying elsewhere in the ship. Once you've enjoyed that, if you chose to, you've the tranquility of YC. 

If you're escaping a busy, noisy life in the real world, being pampered in a relaxing, quiet environment is what attracted us to YC.

• Like 6

On 2/21/2022 at 12:46 PM, EggsyH said:

Haven music similar to YC.

Edited by dexddd
  • Like 1

Yes. 

We were in YC in September and the Haven on Getaway in December.

Much prefer the peace and quiet of YC.

Haven was crowded and noisy, especially in the restaurant. People were going from table to table and shouting across the room. It was more like a bar/nightclub than a fine dining restaurant.

• Like 1

I find the Haven to be anything but.  The public spaces are much smaller and the bedroom layout invites families, with the result that the Haven area is overrun with kids many of whom are not well behaved - or at least not quiet!  Yes I am getting to the “get of my lawn stage”! 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TrinaLC said:

I find the Haven to be anything but.  The public spaces are much smaller and the bedroom layout invites families, with the result that the Haven area is overrun with kids many of whom are not well behaved - or at least not quiet!  Yes I am getting to the “get of my lawn stage”! 😉

Well, in a few days, it will be our lawn for two weeks! 😎

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

Ha. 

I'm sorry about your experience.  We did the Epic over Thanksgiving and there were children in the pool area--but not nearly what you found in "general population".  But the lounge area, restaurant and the sundeck were quiet.   Both of our February cruises when kids were even more quiet.  I have never experienced shouting in the restaurant.  

Edited by JanR