RCL Shareholder Benefit

twoflyers

22 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We rarely do a single cruise leg.  For the last several years we have found that we need to apply for the shareholder credit cruise leg by cruise leg.  Even when we have submitted just two at one time while on a B2B it seems to cause confusion.  

I'm in the same "boat".      I have a B3B in April and have submitted all three separately but the same day 2 x and got e-mail confirmation of receipt but no action.    Today I submitted just the first one via the website and once I work my way through that one I will work on #2.    I would sure think it would be easier to apply all at one time than apply 3 separately.

I have absolutely no idea why there seems to be issues when more than one request for shareholder benefit is submitted at the same time since each leg has a different reservation number, but it has been a persistent issue for us for some time now.  Apparently one of those mysteries of life.

And the saga continues.    I submitted my information on the links listed above yesterday    This being my 3rd attempt.  

I received an e-mail this morning thanking me for my submission and saying they could not issue a credit  because my NAME is not listed on the Reservation.   

I sent back a reply with a copy of my reservation with my name circled in Red and sent a copy to a personal contact I have in Lisa's office.   She is pretty good at quickly cutting through mess ups.

4 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Doing it easily is fine, actually getting something done is another thing.  Most haven't had success getting credit issued by using the online portal.

I'm just trying to help. I used that link last week and put in for three cruises and had my OBC within three days. You can try it or just keep venting.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

I'm just trying to help. I used that link last week and put in for three cruises and had my OBC within three days. You can try it or just keep venting.

Really appreciate your help.   Help like yours is what Cruise Critics is all about.   Please don't take comments negatively as sometimes written words come across more harsh when you don't see a wink

I've previously used the portal and was never successful,  but this time at least something happened.   Good bad or indifferent something is better than nothing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

A quick update.    My special contact once again came to my rescue.   She called me and apologized for the frustration and applied all three of my  Stockholders Credits about 10 minutes ago.

It is always good to have connections to friends in high places.   Congratulations. 

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It is always good to have connections to friends in high places.   Congratulations. 

I wish I could give her information out but I'm sworn to silence.  I only reach out to her when I get to the end of my rope.  

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I wish I could give her information out but I'm sworn to silence.  I only reach out to her when I get to the end of my rope.  

I understand perfectly and was not asking you to divulge any information.   It was a post of admiration and jealousy  more than anything else.  

In the past, when I applied for the OBC by submitting the completed form and broker's statement via email, I would almost immediately get a reply from Celebrity thanking for me and advising my request would be reviewed (it was obviously a automatic response).  

Yesterday was the first time that I used the new system...fill out the form online and attach my broker's statement.  

My question regarding the new system is...should I expect to receive that auto response acknowledging receipt of my request?

Thanks,

Susan

On 2/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, bigbenboys said:

I did 2 attempts online last Aug before it went through for a Oct 1 sailing. I remember seeing the OBC added to my online reservation with Celebrity. I just emailed through Celebrity website yesterday for a June sailing. 

Our OBC showed up today online.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lola2013 said:

In the past, when I applied for the OBC by submitting the completed form and broker's statement via email, I would almost immediately get a reply from Celebrity thanking for me and advising my request would be reviewed (it was obviously a automatic response).  

Yesterday was the first time that I used the new system...fill out the form online and attach my broker's statement.  

My question regarding the new system is...should I expect to receive that auto response acknowledging receipt of my request?

Thanks,

Susan

My experience is that when I submit by the Portal I don't get an email reply but if I send via e-mail I get the auto generated one you mentioned above. 

34 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience is that when I submit by the Portal I don't get an email reply but if I send via e-mail I get the auto generated one you mentioned above. 

Thanks Jim.  

I'll have to keep digging to locate a copy of the redemption form that I've used in the past.

• Like 1

I applied via email  yesterday morning, got an acknowledgement yesterday evening and this morning a Revised Invoice was in my emailbox, showing the additional OBC added on. Three cheers for the fast service, my past experience is it usually takes about a week.

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Of course now things will start working after I spent 3 weeks trying to get mine accepted.   Glad to hear it may be working for now. 

Reminds me that I tell people: If you ever see me in a line, pick the other one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A couple weeks ago, I submitted separate forms via email for our B2B cruises taking place mid April and then May.   Hearing nothing, other than an acknowledgment of my emails, after a week, I submitted again, indicating this was a duplicate request, one for one cruise and then a day or so later for the second cruise.  

About a day later, I received an email confirming the OBC would be applied to the first cruise.  No word received for the second.

A couple days later, I checked the Plan your cruise link, and low and behold there was the OBC for the first cruise.  Yay!   I then checked the second cruise, and the OBC had also magically appeared!  Win, win!

In the past, (like just this Jan), we never saw the RCL stock OBC in our account until we were on board.  This time, we received in advance and I was able to apply to excursions, etc.  I guess miracles do happen 😉

• Like 1