RCL Shareholder Benefit

twoflyers

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I wonder if Jim's contact in the executive office caused something to happen over in Investor Relations to fix the problem.   One can hope.

I wish she or I had such powers but really think that things just happen.    I'll be waiting until May-June to submit my requests for August.  Maybe things will get back to normal when staff start returning to their offices as oppose to working from home.

Still waiting on mine.

Three attempts over the last 3 weeks.

Automated response only.

Is there a limit on the number of cruises they will offer the credit on?

Trying for 7 cruises over the next 2 years in this request !!!

Was MUCH easier last year.

Has anyone been able to get the Zenith desk to intervene?

We submitted a request for shareholder OBC on Friday February 25th.  We received the auto response that it had been received.  I checked our My Celebrity account on March 1st and there it was!  We also had not received a second e-mail confirming that it had been applied.  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, SWFL Cruisers said:

Use this link and you can do it online very easily.

https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/

They are asking for a statement and a settlement date. Statements won't have settlement dates if it was bought a long time ago. What exactly are people sending? Also they say 2-3 weeks before. I'm thinking that if I waited that long, I wouldn't get it in time.

4 minutes ago, Clgjtg said:

They are asking for a statement and a settlement date. Statements won't have settlement dates if it was bought a long time ago. What exactly are people sending? Also they say 2-3 weeks before. I'm thinking that if I waited that long, I wouldn't get it in time.

Screen shot your most recent statement and submit it.

4 minutes ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

Screen shot your most recent statement and submit it.

Yup, I do that, but I blank out my Account #. That’s been accepted in the past. I have to wait until June to start mine. 

Den

15 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Still waiting on mine.

Three attempts over the last 3 weeks.

Automated response only.

Is there a limit on the number of cruises they will offer the credit on?

Trying for 7 cruises over the next 2 years in this request !!!

Was MUCH easier last year.

Has anyone been able to get the Zenith desk to intervene?

There are no limit on the number of cruises you can use the credit for.    There may be a limit on how far in advance they will allow.   I once had them reject saying they need a Brokerage Statement no older than 90 day.

18 minutes ago, Clgjtg said:

I just send a copy of the cover page of statement with my name and account number blacked out.   I also submit  the page that shows the number of shares with RCL.   It does not show settlement date unless you purchased it during the month of the particular statement and with my brokerage house it is on a separate page.

After submitting mine 3 ties via Email and Portal and finally having it applied by a contact I have --

Today -  I received e-mail that they had applied the credits (which were already applied a week ago).   I checked just to make sure they didn't double apply and they didn't.   I guess it was just their way of clearing their queue.   I was surprised they were working on a Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 6:21 PM, Jim_Iain said:

After submitting mine 3 ties via Email and Portal and finally having it applied by a contact I have --

Today -  I received e-mail that they had applied the credits (which were already applied a week ago).   I checked just to make sure they didn't double apply and they didn't.   I guess it was just their way of clearing their queue.   I was surprised they were working on a Saturday.

I also submitted mine twice with the only response being the automated response. Do you know if I would be able to get it done on the ship? Or is there another option?

We applied for shareholder benefits on two upcoming cruises.  The first leg departs April 23rd and the second May 4th.  We generally do at least B2B cruises and find that we have better luck when we apply for one leg, have the benefit applied, and then apply for the next leg.  Since each leg has a different reservation number I have no idea why we have had delays with submitting more than one leg at the same time.

Our recent experience is that we received the automated reply acknowledging the request.  Several days later I check our "My Celebrity" account and find the additional OBC available when looking at potential shore excursion or dining purchases.

I am not aware of the ability to have the shareholder benefit applied once on board, but we have not tried to do so either.  I will be interested if someone has been successful.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 3:45 PM, twoflyers said:

Having a heck of a time trying to get someone in the RCL's Shareholder Office to add the benefit to our 02/22 Apex reservation.  Initial request was submitted on February 3rd, but still no action has been taken.  I have called the Shareholder Office, but the agents working there are not familiar with the program and cannot answer basic questions.  Once they see it's a Celebrity reservation, they try to transfer me over to Celebrity, who of course does not administer the program.

Both agents I have spoken to have had to put me on long waits while they gather information about the program.  One agent started reading the program guidelines to me, 🙄.  Neither seem to be working out of Royal's Miami offices, so I am not sure how much support they are getting.

Any one else having the same issue? 

Anyone have any suggestions?

We are elite plus with Celebrity and have been denied every shareholder credit we have requested.  After numerous back and forth conversations on numerous cruises, we have been advised if your cruise is booked with ANY promotion or pricing OF ANY KIND, you will not receive the credit.  We have never received our shareholder credit on any Celebrity cruise.  Its frustrating considering Holland American always provides the shareholder credit regardless of what promotion you may have received.

5 minutes ago, arosetti said:

We are elite plus with Celebrity and have been denied every shareholder credit we have requested.  After numerous back and forth conversations on numerous cruises, we have been advised if your cruise is booked with ANY promotion or pricing OF ANY KIND, you will not receive the credit.  We have never received our shareholder credit on any Celebrity cruise.  Its frustrating considering Holland American always provides the shareholder credit regardless of what promotion you may have received.

Sorry to hear of your experience.   If I recall they changed that policy back before the cruise shutdown. 

I just applied for 3 and think I had various promotional items applied.    It took me about 3 tried before I finally got them applied but I did get credits on all 3.    I think one of them had a State Discount applied and another a Military Discount.     

59 minutes ago, arosetti said:

We are elite plus and diamond plus and have 10 Royal/Celebrity cruises booked with a travel agent.  Some are booked with group rates.  We've received Shareholder OBC on all of them.   I'm not sure what your particular circumstances are.

1 hour ago, arosetti said:

I guess I am not sure what you mean by any promotion?  We have booked both directly and with a TA and have always received the credit, but often have to submit more than once-who knows why.  Kind of frustrating to have to submit more than once.

3 hours ago, arosetti said:

The cruise I just got the credit on was comped for my wife and me. We paid only for our son as a third passenger. 

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We applied for shareholder benefits on two upcoming cruises.  The first leg departs April 23rd and the second May 4th.  We generally do at least B2B cruises and find that we have better luck when we apply for one leg, have the benefit applied, and then apply for the next leg.  Since each leg has a different reservation number I have no idea why we have had delays with submitting more than one leg at the same time.

Our recent experience is that we received the automated reply acknowledging the request.  Several days later I check our "My Celebrity" account and find the additional OBC available when looking at potential shore excursion or dining purchases.

I am not aware of the ability to have the shareholder benefit applied once on board, but we have not tried to do so either.  I will be interested if someone has been successful.

Because the decision comes from corporate headquarters, specifically the shareholder relations department, no one on board can add it to your account.

14 hours ago, arosetti said:

We had this problem at one time (years ago) but now things seem to have changed and the awarding of credit even with promotions has improved.  This is just an opinion.

We send in requests for 2 cruises in February.  Got the acknowledgment emails but no OBC.   Called to f/u and lady checked the “log” and couldn’t find a record of them. Resent and nothing.

Cruise coming up next month, emailed request on 3/13, again got the mail acknowledge but so far no OBC.  Has anyone had more success by faxing vs email, cause sure isn’t working for me?