Canada or Bermuda—late May/early June

KKB

RCCL offering us comped 5 nt cruise for either of these itineraries.

CA—BarHarbor Maine & Nova Scotia

or 

Betmuda

Have never done either.

it would seem CA is better suited for a fall cruise?

Thouggts?

29 minutes ago, KKB said:

or 

Betmuda

Have never done either.

Thouggts?

I have done the New England itinerary before and it is truly lovely🙂...mine was longer than 5 nights and the fall weather is outstanding.  So, better? That would be quite subjective. I enjoyed the leaves changing and cooler weather very much. If you don't like cooler weather? Then yes, maybe southern California would be a better fit.  I have also sailed to Bermuda and loved it too🙂

I did a fall cruise to Canada once, and it was great, even though it was still too early (that year) for the autmn foliage. Could they still get frosts in late May/early June? Can't comment  on Bermuda-have never been. Whatever you decide, enjoy your (comped) cruise!

56 minutes ago, KKB said:

or 

Betmuda

Have never done either.

Thouggts?

In late May/early June I'd pick Bermuda. Weather is getting warm enough for the beach but not peak summer heat and humidity.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Bermuda? Boring.

I did Bar Harbour and Bermuda on the same sailing in June of  2019. Bermuda was heaven. Bar Harbour was okay for one time but not that exciting. Acadia park would probably be better in the fall.  The weather was fine in both Bar Harbour and Bermuda. Bar Harbour is a tender port.  That is a negative. Bar Harbour was very crowded as there were multiple ships tendering that day.  Bermuda has the greatest beaches, I went to Warwick Long Bay and Horseshoe,  so obviously I personally I would pick Bermuda any time over Bar Harbour  because I love going to the beach. If OP likes beaches then Bermuda is a no brainer choice for them. If they don't like beaches there is plenty else in Bermuda. I don't think Bermuda is boring. The Bar Harbour and Nova itinerary I think would be the more boring of the two but I don't think either choice would be wrong. 

Edited by Charles4515

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have cruised to Bermuda 10 times in various months and loved every cruise.

We have cruised to Canada several times and had a great time even in cold weather.

We love both areas.

Same here - but late May/early June in Atlantic Canada??? Brrrrrrr!  Especially compared with Bermuda, which is probably at its absolute best just then.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Same here - but late May/early June in Atlantic Canada??? Brrrrrrr!  Especially compared with Bermuda, which is probably at its absolute best just then.

For the most part we were young when we vacationed in Atlantic Canada and had no problem with cold weather.

3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Bermuda? Boring.

Boring no... I've been cruising to Bermuda on a regular basis for 35 years and i haven't been bored for a minute.

On the other hand I also love long cruises with great itineraries that visit exotic locations, which is why on Wednesday our travel agent will be booking us on a certain cruise on your favorite cruise line...

There's room for both types of cruises in my book.

We haven't cruised Canada, but have done a couple of long road-trips, May/June and Aug/Sept/ Oct., both in convertibles.

Weather was fine both times, roof down most of the time, though in Alberta in Sptember the snow was just a couple of days behind us. Got to New England just a shade too early for the Fall.

Quite cold at high elevations - but the elevation of a cruise ship is no more than about 250 ft 😉

And we don't travel to sunbathe.

Far more intersting than Bermuda

JB 🙂

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 7:59 AM, KKB said:

or 

Betmuda

Have never done either.

Thouggts?

Bermuda is a down and back boat ride.  This will like be better if you want sun and to hang out on the ship.  Ports and scenery would be better in Maine and Nova Scotia if you ask me.  

I would think, the cruises going north would be great during the spring with all the new growth and flowers blooming.

7 hours ago, John Bull said:

We haven't cruised Canada, but have done a couple of long road-trips, May/June and Aug/Sept/ Oct., both in convertibles.

Weather was fine both times, roof down most of the time, though in Alberta in Sptember the snow was just a couple of days behind us. Got to New England just a shade too early for the Fall.

Quite cold at high elevations - but the elevation of a cruise ship is no more than about 250 ft 😉

And we don't travel to sunbathe.

Far more intersting than Bermuda

JB 🙂

You are comparing a long land trip to a cruises. The OP has a choice between two short cruises. I think Bermuda would be more interesting than the cruise OP mentioned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SelectSys said:

Bermuda is a down and back boat ride.  This will like be better if you want sun and to hang out on the ship.  Ports and scenery would be better in Maine and Nova Scotia if you ask me.  

I would think, the cruises going north would be great during the spring with all the new growth and flowers blooming.

Bermuda is has great scenery and flora. Have you been there?  

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 10:59 AM, KKB said:

or 

Betmuda

Have never done either.

Thouggts?

Spring is also nice in Canada 😉

Depends on whether you want a bit warmer weather   I am not sure Bermuda is beach weather in May or June 

we have been  during summer  & early spring

32 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Bermuda is has great scenery and flora. Have you been there?  

I have not.  Given where I live, my most likely path to Bermuda will be on a transatlantic cruise. 

I am sure Bermuda is quite nice in all aspects.  As I said, weather and beach style vacation favors Bermuda.  

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Spring is also nice in Canada 😉

That was my thought based on what I have seen in the US New England area during that time of year.  Not as warm as Bermuda, but really pretty if the weather is favorable.

5 minutes ago, KKB said:

Thx for your thoughts.

I think I would prefer Bermuda for a short early summer cruise & do a New England/Canada cruise in the future in the fall & do it right!

Fall cruises  remember timing is everything if you are going for the fall colours  & then there is hurricane season to consider

JMO

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Late May/Early June...the time frame the OP has asked about...most certainly is the beginning of the beach season.

Thanks  we were there April & August  so 2 different experiences

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Fall cruises  remember timing is everything if you are going for the fall colours  & then there is hurricane season to consider

JMO

Have sailed many a hurricane season...still such a low % of the time I don't worry.