Bring bottle of wine to MDR?

whoshwhosh

My sister and I are traveling in separate concierge staterooms on the Silhouette in May and will each receive a bottle of champagne during our cruise. In addition my husband always orders a bottle of wine as a "Bon Voyage Gift".  Can we bring a bottle to the MDR to enjoy, rather than drinking in our staterooms?

32 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Do they typically enforce the corkage fee?  I am less inclined to bring any wine aboard with the "always included" but might still bring a wine I really like from home.

yes, but only if you take the bottle into the dining room.  If you drink it in your room or if you take a glass from your room to the dining room then there is not charge. 

On 2/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, Alakegirl said:

Why? What difference foes that make?

Were you responding to my comment about having it delivered to MDR?

Because the wait staff will know it was purchased from Celebrity and there won't be any question about there not being a corkage fee. If you just walk to your table bottle in hand, they might not charge a corkage fee but you might have a conversation about it first. They would have no idea that you didn't just bring it onboard.

13 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I believe the free bottle of sparkling that the OP is referring to has a celebrity label so the sommelier in the dining room should recognize that it’s one of theirs and forego the corkage fee. I could also be completely mistaken about this tho 🤷‍♀️

I don't recall if the Concierge class bubbly has a Celebrity label or not, but the bon voyage order would not regardless.

Especially in the case on the bon voyage order, they ask you to specify whether it should be delivered to the stateroom or MDR. If you plan to consume it in MDR, then that's the easiest way to handle it. Before the days of drinks packages, I'd always get our complimentary bottles delivered to MDR to enjoy with dinner.

corkage.JPG

• Like 1

Another interesting item in relation to the Sparkling Wine that come with your room.   You can also have it sent to your dining room and get a credit toward a wine you may prefer.    I've never had a problem with this but heard that some have had trouble doing this in the MDR.

Sorta on the same topic - In a picture from a review, I thought I saw a wine special table set up at lunch in the buffet that had a selection of wine for $20/bottle.  Wonder can you purchase one and take it to go then later have it where you like with no corkage fees?  In particular take it to the MDR?

Anyone??

thanks.

11 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Sorta on the same topic - In a picture from a review, I thought I saw a wine special table set up at lunch in the buffet that had a selection of wine for $20/bottle.  Wonder can you purchase one and take it to go then later have it where you like with no corkage fees?  In particular take it to the MDR?

Anyone??

thanks.

Sorta, we did a purchase from them previously and they took our cabin number and we could have it delivered there or they would send to dining room. It was a bottle of white and it was nicely chilled when the sommelier brought it to our table later. 

• Like 1

Just off the Constellation.

Because of a problem of damage in our stateroom that was caused by the air pressure differential of a slamming door in the cabin next door when the balcony door was wide open in windy conditions and the cabin door was allowed to  shut slam shut, we received a bottle of pinot grigio and chocolates from Guest Relations as a thank you for promptly reporting the damage and allowing free access to our cabin repair the damage.

I also won a bottle of champagne at Art Trivia.

I checked with the wine steward in the MDR. He told me to bring the bottles to the MDR and he would pull  chilled bottles from stock if we wished to drink the bottles in the MDR without a fee.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 1:03 PM, LB_NJ said:

Do they typically enforce the corkage fee?  I am less inclined to bring any wine aboard with the "always included" but might still bring a wine I really like from home.

No, not if you keep the bottle in your cabin. Yes if you take your outside bottle to the dining room.