Did covid tests ever change to 3 days, officially?

Jemnibabe

19 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Tests should be eliminated for triple vaxxed persons.  Seems like overkill.

Yeah, but you can still get covid even if triple vaxed...I guess they are erring on the safe side.

• Like 1

Why not just buy one of the proctored home tests, have it sent to you at home, and do it 2 days prior, at home?     

Seems like a no-brainer if its such a hassle to book tests where you live.  

Yes, but I have an even better idea.

How about if Princess provide clear and concise requirements for Covid testing,  and include the date/time of the information. Since it seems too much to ask that they remove outdated info, at least a future cruiser can default to the most current info. This is not rocket science. Jeez.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phoebe2m said:

My TA is still saying 3 days so we will do it to be on the safe side. But will have to pay $50 each. If it were 3 days we could do a free test. I'm not taking a chance. 

Sorry I meant to say my TA is saying 2 days. I guess there is no way to edit our comments.

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Sure there is.  The 3 little dots in the upper right corner by the post #.

You can edit for only a few minutes after posting.  Then the edit option disappears.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ustasmom said:

Am I reading this correctly?

Test PCR 3 days out AND

Test 2 days out Antigen just in case they don't accept the 3 day PCR AND

Test at the pier prior to embarkation.

PCR test OR Antigen test.  No confirmation of the 3-day PCR until they’ve updated their protocols.

Went into my booking for a departure next week and they are still requiring an additional test at the pier for our cruise.  Your cruise may be different as it notes this requirement varies by destination.

A8892322-D33F-44E9-B73C-F0401719A462.thumb.jpeg.d5efb4ce57803244d81b01546f3c4b2b.jpeg

The FAQ updated on the 28th says two days for Covid tests and a Health and Safety update that was sent to Travel Advisors today links to the two day reference in the FAQ.  

In short, it looks like the the two day requirement for PCR tests is not changing at this time. 

The last correspondence I received from Princess regarding anything about our upcoming cruise next week was an email  with the subject "Emergency Notification".     So, I am going with three days and they darn better let us board.

It stated:       

- Bring your original proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative viral
COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of cruise check-in.

47 minutes ago, compozer said:

The last correspondence I received from Princess regarding anything about our upcoming cruise next week was an email  with the subject "Emergency Notification".     So, I am going with three days and they darn better let us board.

It stated:       

Good luck, hope it works for you. I cancelled my appt for tomorrow (3 days out) and I am testing on Sat. Not going to risk needing a last minute test or trying to argue it at port.  Princess needs to get their commnications in order,  thats for sure. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, compozer said:

It stated:       

I got that email as well for our March 6 sailing.  It stated:

COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of cruise check-in.

Good luck.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, suzyed said:

Yeah, but you can still get covid even if triple vaxed...I guess they are erring on the safe side.

Granted, but then people leave the ship at the first port they come to & your back to square one again.

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Granted, but then people leave the ship at the first port they come to & your back to square one again.

What do you mean   square one?

The ships have set aside cabins to quarantine people with covid.   I doubt some of the islands will allow people with covid to enter their countries.   

Edited by oldfashioncruiser

As of today (and it states that it was just updated 2/28/22) the Princess website still says 2 days pre-cruise for both PCR and antigen testing.  My travel summary says 2 days (though it said 3 days last week). This really shouldn’t be this difficult,  but I guess I’ll make a testing appointment for 2 days pre-cruise. Really tired of the misinformation. 

FB49F112-67D1-4AA0-A307-33FD5A666664.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

What do you mean   square one?

The ships have set aside cabins to quarantine people with covid.   I doubt some of the islands will allow people with covid to enter their countries.   

What I was trying to convey is that even though they test everyone for the virus before boarding at embarkation,  once they leave the ship at the first port they can be infected during their visit.

This doesn't offer any protection for the ships people at all. 

To me it doesn't make much sense even for the initial test except for the fact that some islands won't allow people off if they haven't been tested recently. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

As of today (and it states that it was just updated 2/28/22) the Princess website still says 2 days pre-cruise for both PCR and antigen testing.  My travel summary says 2 days (though it said 3 days last week). This really shouldn’t be this difficult,  but I guess I’ll make a testing appointment for 2 days pre-cruise. Really tired of the misinformation. 

FB49F112-67D1-4AA0-A307-33FD5A666664.png

Yesterday a week after their SVP of Sales said at his webinar that PCR tests could be done within 3 days effective on 3/1 he sent an email to my TA & others about children under 5 and masks being voluntary except at certain venues however he did not correct his mistake about the 3 days. When providing misinformation he does not correct his mistakes resulting in unnecessary confusion…I agree with you that this really shouldn’t be this difficult.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Did you personally check the Princess website?  Your answer is there.

Yes, I have personally checked it every day but I posted the question since the SVP of sales announced on his webinar, that it would be changed to 3 days on March 1.  Not being "all knowing", LOL  I thought I would put the question out there since I had not seen the 3 day limit pop up anywhere else.

• Like 1

Can you just take the home test that you could get from USPS?  I've never had a covid test, but the ones I got via USPS for home are the Antigen.  How do you show proof, can you take a picture of the results or something?  not sure how all that works since I have never had one.

25 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Can you just take the home test that you could get from USPS?  I've never had a covid test, but the ones I got via USPS for home are the Antigen.  How do you show proof, can you take a picture of the results or something?  not sure how all that works since I have never had one.

If you take a self-test it must be monitored by a health care professional. Not worth the hassle in my opinion. From Princess:

Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test (sometimes referred to as an at-home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

There are lots of You Tube videos showing the entire process but it must be proctored!