MSC Meraviglia to Homeport in New York City

cruiseguyinorl

MSC Cruises today announced that it will base one of its ships in New York City. The MSC Meraviglia will operate year-round sailings from the homeport starting in April 2023.  

The ship’s program will include six- to 11-night cruises to the Caribbean, Bermuda, New England and Canada, with many of the itineraries visiting Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve - the company’s private island destination in The Bahamas. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26964-msc-cruises-to-operate-year-round-from-new-york-city.html

I find it interesting that they are doing a whole season there, not just Canada/New England.

Bret

• Like 5

17 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Just checked the YC price for Apr 29, 2023 8 nighter to Nassau, Ocean Cay, Miami r/t NYC, 12,600+. Can’t wait to see Bermuda prices. 

418EDC22-89BF-43DA-81A4-B4CBF2020141.png

Well, maybe for folks from NY that is cheap.  Was looking forward to alternate to NCL out of NY, but at those prices, not even close.

April Prices  YIKES  sure I wont have to fly, and it costs around 300.00 to park for the week, but, I could fly 1st class ( or maybe even charter a private plane (lol) for the extra money. and still have some left over

• Haha 1

We are New Yorkers and sailed on the 10 nighter MSC Meraviglia to Canada when she was here for the first time back in October 2019. Price for YC then was around $5000. We were thrilled to have another line other than NCL who have priced out their Haven. Unfortunately they only did 4 sailings if I remember correctly and the last was a repo to Miami.  Glad they’re back and hope prices go down. 

On 3/9/2022 at 9:46 AM, shof515 said:

I never sailed on MSC and i am excited to be cruising on a different cruise line other then Carnival/NCL that says out of NYC. How is MSC for solo travelers? 

Sailed solo on Seashore a few weeks ago. Totally fine. 

Glad we have sailed on Mera two times already as we live in Florida. We enjoyed the ship, she is beautiful. She is going to dry dock in a couple weeks for mainly “underneath work/engine/etc.” that you cannot see. We’ were on her two weeks ago and thought the interior was as lovely as it was pre-shut down. Hopefully out of NY will be a success. 

• Like 1

With all those Western European expats and their descendants living on the NY/NJ and pretty much all over New England area (only my own Portuguese compatriots and their relatives are nearly 500k on that whole area, especially NJ!), it is quite surprising for me that a full year NY round trip season has only arrived now. With them being an Italian line I suppose those itineraries will to be a huge success with practically no flight passengers out there! According to the current passenger numbers they don't need so many ships in Florida... But they can pretty much to fill the Mera out of NY!... May them have good luck!...

The Meraviglia was in NY Oct 2019 for 5 cruises and the one we were on was sold out early. I booked it April 2018 for Oct 2019. They did Canada and New England a few times, then a 13 night repo to Miami. We need it in NYC as NCL out-priced their Haven for us and we love the Yacht Club. So excited to have them back even though it’s in Red Hook and not Pier 88 in Manhattan. 

6 hours ago, cellfree said:

Glad we have sailed on Mera two times already as we live in Florida. We enjoyed the ship, she is beautiful. She is going to dry dock in a couple weeks for mainly “underneath work/engine/etc.” that you cannot see. We’ were on her two weeks ago and thought the interior was as lovely as it was pre-shut down. Hopefully out of NY will be a success. 

Do you have dates when mera is supposed to go to dry dock?

13 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

Do you have dates when mera is supposed to go to dry dock?

We were on the week of February 28 and heard the Mera was out of Port Canaveral for another four weeks then headed across the Ocean. 

8 hours ago, cellfree said:

We were on the week of February 28 and heard the Mera was out of Port Canaveral for another four weeks then headed across the Ocean. 

I hope that’s just a rumor that got lost in translation 😳😳😳😳😳

Because if true, we will get a last minute cancellation since ours is end of the month. 

i just checked booking websites and it looks like they have 4/8 to 5/20 blocked out. Phew. I think we r in the clear

Edited by FrostyJoe

11 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

The Meraviglia was in NY Oct 2019 for 5 cruises and the one we were on was sold out early. I booked it April 2018 for Oct 2019. They did Canada and New England a few times, then a 13 night repo to Miami. We need it in NYC as NCL out-priced their Haven for us and we love the Yacht Club. So excited to have them back even though it’s in Red Hook and not Pier 88 in Manhattan. 

I was on a Canada/NE sailing Oct 2019.  Loved it so much that I booked the same sailing/cabin for Oct 2020.  Although I live right by the pier in Manhattan, a trip to Red Hook is better than a trip to Miami!

Can't wait............

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I was on a Canada/NE sailing Oct 2019.  Loved it so much that I booked the same sailing/cabin for Oct 2020.  Although I live right by the pier in Manhattan, a trip to Red Hook is better than a trip to Miami!

Can't wait............

My sentiments exactly as I hate to fly and one of the reasons we did NCL.