Solarium pool on Hawaii cruise

drakes2

I will be on an 11 night cruise to Hawaii next month on the Eclipse departing from Vancouver, Canada.  As the first 5 days are sea days wondering if the Solarium pool will be warm enough to swim in before getting to Hawaii?  

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I will be on an 11 night cruise to Hawaii next month on the Eclipse departing from Vancouver, Canada.  As the first 5 days are sea days wondering if the Solarium pool will be warm enough to swim in before getting to Hawaii?  

We swam in Solarium for 2 days then migrated to outside for last 3 sea days from Vancouver. Plenty warm for us, we’re from Colorado

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We swam in Solarium for 2 days then migrated to outside for last 3 sea days from Vancouver. Plenty warm for us, we’re from Colorado

Good to know. I love being outdoors and especially in the pool on sea days. 

10 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

We did the reverse itinerary (Hawaii to Vancouver) on Solstice.  The Solarium was the place to be as we got closer to Vancouver.  The water was warm and welcoming.  

I can't wait for this cruise in April but so disappointed in Celebrity's shore excursions offerings. We have an overnight in Maui & Hilo and there are literally very few excursions to choose from. Since we tender in Lahaina we can't even do Road to Hana. Very disappointed 😞  Looks like a beach day in both those islands. 

6 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I can't wait for this cruise in April but so disappointed in Celebrity's shore excursions offerings. We have an overnight in Maui & Hilo and there are literally very few excursions to choose from. Since we tender in Lahaina we can't even do Road to Hana. Very disappointed 😞  Looks like a beach day in both those islands. 

We took a public bus to Kaanapali Beach from Lahaina and had a great day.  Another quick bus ride to a beachside restaurant called Aloha Mixed Plate.  The food was great and we had a front row seat to a beautiful sunset.  From there, we were able to walk back to town and the ship.  If memory serves, the cost of the bus ticket was about $3-$4 and was good for both rides.

3 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

We took a public bus to Kaanapali Beach from Lahaina and had a great day.  Another quick bus ride to a beachside restaurant called Aloha Mixed Plate.  The food was great and we had a front row seat to a beautiful sunset.  From there, we were able to walk back to town and the ship.  If memory serves, the cost of the bus ticket was about $3-$4 and was good for both rides.

Thank you will definitely look into that on day 1. I have booked Feast at Lele for that evening since I can't do Road to Hana. First time going to Hawaii and want to see as much as possible. 

3 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Thank you will definitely look into that on day 1. I have booked Feast at Lele for that evening since I can't do Road to Hana. First time going to Hawaii and want to see as much as possible. 

We did the reverse itinerary that you are doing so were able to spend 4-5 days in Honolulu pre-cruise.  It's just beautiful!!!

16 minutes ago, 39august said:

Is there no Volcanoes Nat'l. Park from Hilo? That is very strange. It is a breathtaking site.  Lahina is a very interesting little town, as well as being close to beaches. 

Celebrity is not offering that excursion and in fact only have 2 to choose from on both days but I did find the one you are speaking of on another site so will book independently. I have a waterfalls tour on the first day I  Hilo. 

9 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Celebrity is not offering that excursion and in fact only have 2 to choose from on both days but I did find the one you are speaking of on another site so will book independently. I have a waterfalls tour on the first day I  Hilo. 

Why not rent a car in both ports. Both islands are very easy to drive.  Since you are tendering in Lahaina you can easily take a taxi out to the rental car agencies in Kaanapali and also rent a car in Hilo and do it yourself.  It’s a short drive to Volcano National Park from Hilo.  Definitely prebook a car.  Road to Hana in Maui is curvey but easily driveable. You need to be able to take your time however and enjoy it.  There are also private companies that you can also book with.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, 39august said:

Is there no Volcanoes Nat'l. Park from Hilo? That is very strange. It is a breathtaking site.  Lahina is a very interesting little town, as well as being close to beaches. 

I'm not sure it is still true but after the explosion of a Volcano in New Zealand RCL and Celebrity cancelled all tours to "Active Volcanoes"  

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm not sure it is still true but after the explosion of a Volcano in New Zealand RCL and Celebrity cancelled all tours to "Active Volcanoes"  

The park is still open but operating under a modified schedule. Celebrity is not offering this tour but I found it with an independent operator. 

10 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Back to the pool, usually it is room temperature, I used it in Alaska. 

Sorry I know its off topic but does the Eclipse have USB ports on the table in cabin? Have not been on her since March 2018 therefore can't remember. 

7 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Hi, I am on this cruise as well from Vancouver. I just called Celebrity and as of today's date, March 11, we are not allowed to disembark without a Celebrity booked excursion!  So disappointed. Hopefully as we get closer to April 23rd that will change.

4 minutes ago, AlohaTerry said:

Hi, I am on this cruise as well from Vancouver. I just called Celebrity and as of today's date, March 11, we are not allowed to disembark without a Celebrity booked excursion!  So disappointed. Hopefully as we get closer to April 23rd that will change.

Very interesting. We were just in Hawaii a few weeks ago. We saw others from other cruise lines walking around town on their own. Hawaii is dropping all their mandates. 

2 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Very interesting. We were just in Hawaii a few weeks ago. We saw others from other cruise lines walking around town on their own. Hawaii is dropping all their mandates. 

I know. I'm so worried. I don't know what to do. I want to book a luau on Maui but don't know if I should. I want to do so much because of the 2 layovers.  I don't want to spend all this money and stare at the islands. 

6 minutes ago, AlohaTerry said:

I know. I'm so worried. I don't know what to do. I want to book a luau on Maui but don't know if I should. I want to do so much because of the 2 layovers.  I don't want to spend all this money and stare at the islands. 

Have you thought of calling Celebrity back and talking to someone else.  For Hawaii this seems pretty odd.  I know cruise staff cannot get off but passengers. Especially as the end of March mandates go away. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Have you thought of calling Celebrity back and talking to someone else.  For Hawaii this seems pretty odd.  I know cruise staff cannot get off but passengers. Especially as the end of March mandates go away. 

All this information should be under the healthy at sea section.  Let's hope we can  get off on our own as just booked a luau yesterday.

10 minutes ago, mauimary said:

I'm phoning this evening if they're open. 

21 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

All this information should be under the healthy at sea section.  Let's hope we can  get off on our own as just booked a luau yesterday.

Hi.  It is to a point. It lists ports where vaccinated guests can disembark on their own.  No Hawaiian islands are listed. Hence the reason I called. 

11 minutes ago, AlohaTerry said:

Hi.  It is to a point. It lists ports where vaccinated guests can disembark on their own.  No Hawaiian islands are listed. Hence the reason I called. 

Hawaii is not listed as being restricted to Celebrity sponsored excursions.  I called and agent had not heard anything about it.

6 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Hawaii is not listed as being restricted to Celebrity sponsored excursions.  I called and agent had not heard anything about it.

Fingers crossed then. The excursions are not very good with Celebrity.

8 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Have you considered renting a car and going on your own.  It's a slow drive with many twist and turns but beautiful views along the way. 

There is also, or at least use to be, a cassette that you could buy thatnarratesd the drive and pointed out items of interest along the road.