Platinum luggage

cruisinmems

25 minutes ago, cruisinmems said:

Sorry for so many questions but I haven't cruised since Covid.  😔  So, does platinum luggage still arrive to your cabin early?  TIA

Not to be a troll, but has it ever?  I know the tags say priority, but I'm not sure I ever received my bags in less time than any of my hallway neighbors who may or may not also had priority tags.  

• Like 2

Most of the time ours have been there fairly quick.  There were a couple of occasions where it was after 2 or 3 p.m., but not very often.

Our two cruises since Covid:

On our cruise on the Valor in January, our room was ready upon boarding at 10:45.  We dropped off our carry on bags and left.  We went back to our room at 12:15 and one of our bags was waiting.  The other one arrived about 12:40.

On our Sunrise cruise back in September, our room was not ready when we boarded.  We came back to the room about 1:15 and our bags were at the door waiting on us.

The answers you will get here usually are from one port, and an n of possibly one cruise. Mine will fall in that category.

Galveston, November, the Breeze. We had 10:00AM check-in, dropped our luggage before parking my truck and were surprised to find our luggage at the cabin door by noon.

In the past 10-12 cruises from here since we made platinum it has been by 2PM or so. Miami was all over the map for times.

1 hour ago, jiggs said:

Not to be a troll, but has it ever?  I know the tags say priority, but I'm not sure I ever received my bags in less time than any of my hallway neighbors who may or may not also had priority tags.  

I agree, and the last time I checked a bag, it arrived missing one wheel (with the screw still sticking out the bottom where it used to be) and a 2 to 3 inch tear in the bag.  I know it's probably an isolated incident, but as long as I'm still strong enough to carry all my bags, I won't check them anymore.

Recently in Long Beach we saw a bag fall from the top of huge pile on the forklift, down to the cement next to ship.  You could hear everyone around us gasp.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:31 PM, modes said:

No that is why i carry my luggage in.

I was wondering about this.  My husband and I will each have a bag.  We have (10-10:30am) priority suite boarding and our room is supposed to be ready.  So I was thinking of just carrying on our luggage to keep them from getting banged around and potential damaged.  Sounds like we should be able to go right on and drop the bags off.

Right?

1 hour ago, raynvic said:

Nope!  On the MG ours arrived while we were at dinner and for no reason!  The Priority Diamond or Platinum tag means nothing. It is only a suggestion.

We were on the Mardi Gras last month  We did not check into 1:30 PM and our luggage still showed up before sail away.  I was quite happy!!

On 3/11/2022 at 9:17 AM, Lee Cruiser said:

Most of the time ours have been there fairly quick.  There were a couple of occasions where it was after 2 or 3 p.m., but not very often.

Exact same for us.  For our post-COVID cruise, we boarded around 11:30-ish.  Had our luggage not long after that.  i.e., we've always been very pleased with the speed of the arrival of our platinum luggage! 🙂

Edited by LHARTWICK
typo

1 hour ago, CruzCra-Z said:

I was wondering about this.  My husband and I will each have a bag.  We have (10-10:30am) priority suite boarding and our room is supposed to be ready.  So I was thinking of just carrying on our luggage to keep them from getting banged around and potential damaged.  Sounds like we should be able to go right on and drop the bags off.

Right?

There are size restrictions, so you need to check the size of your luggage.  The middle size in a normal set of luggage (can't remember the size) will fit through the x-ray machines, but the larger one will not.

In reference to "priority" luggage times, this last cruise on the Mardi Gras, our luggage did not make it until after 7:00.  All the cabins around us had luggage sitting outside.  This was the latest I've ever received luggage and it was my 3rd post covid cruise.   I was starting to freak out a little because on my first cruise my luggage was lost onboard and didn't get to us until day 5 of a 7 day cruise.  

I have decided that I will cut back if I have to, but I will do everything I can to fit everything in the middle sized suitcase.  I always do this on the shorter cruises, but I will now carry it on longer cruises too.  Never use the free laundry but I will if I need to. 

• Like 1