LIVE from the Majestic Princess March 12-26 2022

jwattle

11 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Wonderful pictures!  And I see Chris and Brenda there!  I figured with his love of wine they would be dining.  

Indeed we were there! We had a great table for Wine Maker’s Dinner and most of us went to Good Spirits afterwards for a Butterfly!  

Ran into Tom and Jo before dinner in Vines last night. They did Chef’s Table tonight and we saw them after it was over. Can’t wait to see her pictures and stories from tonight…I bet the stories will be interesting!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CRLess said:

Indeed we were there! We had a great table for Wine Maker’s Dinner and most of us went to Good Spirits afterwards for a Butterfly!  

Ran into Tom and Jo before dinner in Vines last night. They did Chef’s Table tonight and we saw them after it was over. Can’t wait to see her pictures and stories from tonight…I bet the stories will be interesting!

You looked very dapper my friend!  Looking forward to hearing all about it. 

Have a cocktail for me!

i look forward to reading about their dinner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chefs Table: MAGNIFICENT!! Neville is the consummate host,  Chef's dishes are perfect to the most minute detail and the setting defies description. Pictures to come...

Now, y'all may have noticed that I have been a ball of happy enthusiasm about this cruise. That is my cruise MOJO. At the chef's table,  it was endangered by... we'll call him Mr. Bill. 

Mr. Bill is one of those types who could suck the air from the room: took over the entire table,  constant bragging... you get what I'm laying down. I was determined to enjoy the beauty of the surroundings and the meal; Mr. Bill decided otherwise. He asked how many cruise everyone had been on,  and immediately answered his own question. I preferred to talk about WHERE we've been,  not the quantity. Then he pointed at me with a stubby finger and said what's your favorite cruise?

I replied: whichever one I'm on at any given time. 

He snorted derisively, and said that if he asked my favorite wine,  I'd reply whichever was in my glass and that I must be a politician. I replied that it was no on both counts,  but that every cruise was special for reasons that I declined to share. 

Some more time passed with him boasting about some subjects unfit for the dinner table and then "it" happened....

He asked people how we got invited to Chefs Table. When he got to us,  my husband deferred to me. I gave him a smile that didn't reach the eyes and was silent for a moment... he started guessing:"you're an executive at Princess?" Shake of my head...."Holland America?"...another negative..."Then how did you rate an invitation???"

Some of you may recall my DH referring to me as Countess. That was the answer I gave. 

I looked Mr. B dead in the eye and said that I'm a Countess and they saw fit to invite me. His response was "oh,  so you'd tell me but his have to kill me."

I replied that "no,  I'm a Countess,  I have people for that".

Then I turned the table and asked how HE got there. People actually clapped. He changed the subject,  but the gentleman next to me tapped him and said "you haven't answered her. "

He said that he had written to Jan Schwarz , it was his 25th cruise on Princess,  his 50th anniversary,  and that there may be others more deserving of Chef's  Table, but if he wasn't invited,  he would show up at Chef's Table and see who had made it and why...

Ah,  so you bullied your way in... that's classy. 

At the end,  he leaned over to me and said "I'm going to find out who you are and how you got here. Should I have my people contact your people?"

My reply:" you won't reach me,  that's why I HAVE people".

For those that watch the "Gilded Age" I was channeling the railroad baron's wife:

Classy, but cutting.

It was an interesting encounter,  but it didn't ruin my enjoyment of a truly memorable and beautiful meal one bit. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

We are boarding as you depart.  I’m sorry we won’t get to meet you.  

Is Club Class still no reservations required?  Looking on the Medallion app I don’t see an opportunity to book anything but Concerto and Allegro with no mention of CC.  

Also, can one contact the concierge in advance to make specialty restaurant reservations?  We have a massive amount of OBC and don’t want to have to pay for the restaurants in advance.  With Princess Plus our options will be limited. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, critterchick said:

We are boarding as you depart.  I’m sorry we won’t get to meet you.  

Is Club Class still no reservations required?  Looking on the Medallion app I don’t see an opportunity to book anything but Concerto and Allegro with no mention of CC.  

Also, can one contact the concierge in advance to make specialty restaurant reservations?  We have a massive amount of OBC and don’t want to have to pay for the restaurants in advance.  With Princess Plus our options will be limited. 

Thanks. 

Club Class is still no reservations,  and service is great! Dino and Hani are the ones that we have stayed with. Patricia is the hostess and is very good at it. 

• Like 2

Contessa, what a complete jerk Mr Bill is. You handled yourself a lot better than I would have!

I bet everyone at the table had a lot to say about him…just a miserable guy. 
We are hoping to do the chefs table again. We have been fortunate enough to have been to two of them. Have not done a winemakers dinner but hope to get in on our upcoming cruise April 16. Thank you so much for your live postings!  Maybe when you post pics of your dinner last night, you can point out Mr Bill to all of us with curious minds 🤗

• Like 1

@jwattleabsolutely loved your answers!  Sorry you had to put with such an idiot. As I just binge watched the show, I totally get the reference. 

Now if only he knew that as you are a Countess and when he bothered you, his buffoonery would make the “news”😂😂

• Like 1

Thank you for an afternoon chuckle with your Mr Bill tale . It seems as though we also may met him somewhere before ....

The character that you describe reminds us of the old Dos Equis commercial - The most interesting Man in the World .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Interesting_Man_in_the_World

Been there , done that , got the T-shirt .

We are looking forward to part II of the story and the food photos . 😀

• Like 1

Great story and great comeback. You handled him way better than I would have. Give me a little too much vino and I lose all filters. Especially with boorish idiots. Congratulations on your self control!

Looking forward to the photos.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thank you for an afternoon chuckle with your Mr Bill tale . It seems as though we also may met him somewhere before ....

The character that you describe reminds us of the old Dos Equis commercial - The most interesting Man in the World .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Interesting_Man_in_the_World

Been there , done that , got the T-shirt .

We are looking forward to part II of the story and the food photos . 😀

I’ll tell my story about Mr Bill when I get home to Jupiter…too hard to respond from my phone. Until then, he is the furthest thing from the Most Interesting Man in the World.  More like the Most Obnoxious Man in the World. I had the “pleasure” of encountering him within 45 minutes of boarding the ship on Saturday.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Way to deal with Mr. Bill.  Just curious, how did he get to a 50th anniversary with that awful personality, or was Mrs. Bill a treat too?

that's what I was wondering!  How on earth she could have put up with THAT for 50 years!

I must have missed part of this.  Is it somehow tricky to go the the Chef's Table nowadays? The last time we went, a year or 2 pre-C, it was just a matter of going to the Passenger Service Desk and signing up on a list that you were interested.  It's a great time and a great meal, but not worth getting nito a lather over a meal when you're on a vacation!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Way to deal with Mr. Bill.  Just curious, how did he get to a 50th anniversary with that awful personality, or was Mrs. Bill a treat too?

She didn't speak up much,  until he began breathing about her job with some ad agency, and then I realized why they were compatible.  A particularly lovely comment "we're celebrating 50 years of wedded blue but we've been married 53 years". So classy. 

37 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

When is your second formal night? I’m thinking it might be on a port day….either Santa Barbara or San Diego?

Santa Barbara (tonight)

37 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

Question for you still aboard. How is the wifi holding up with more passengers aboard?

Wifi great,  but showed down getting back from tender port

• Like 1

@jwattleyou are hilarious. We had a guy on my solo cruise that was quite obnoxious. He was tipping 100 dollar bills to Stefan at good spirits and bragging he was using his moms black American Express. And one night he wore the most hideous Louis Vuitton shoes. He was cut of from drinking for a couple days because he was out of control. 

• Like 3