Karaoke on Millennium?

SusieV

2 minutes ago, RickT said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen karaoke on Celebrity 

They have most certainly had Karaoke on previous sailings I have been on with Celebrity. In fact, I don't recall a ship which hasn't had it at some point. 

Afraid I can't answer the OP's question about whether or not the Millennium currently has it though.

1 hour ago, mirnsd said:

They have most certainly had Karaoke on previous sailings I have been on with Celebrity. In fact, I don't recall a ship which hasn't had it at some point. 

Afraid I can't answer the OP's question about whether or not the Millennium currently has it though.

Wondering if you saw karaoke post Covid shut down.    I've been on a couple cruise  since resumption of cruising and don't recall seeing it being held.  

• Like 1

Fortunately for all of you, when I’m sober, I’m smart enough Not to walk up and try Karaoke.  When I’ve had enough drinks to think I should try it, I’d fall down on the way up and go to sleep right there….and my wife would just leave me laying there. 

Den

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wondering if you saw karaoke post Covid shut down.    I've been on a couple cruise  since resumption of cruising and don't recall seeing it being held.  

Same here for Reflection last December.  

7 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Was on the millie last month, short 4 nighter, didn't see it.  Where would it normally be held?

On M-Class they use to have it in Rendezvous Lounge and if I recall it was around 10PM.  S-Class was done in Quasar. 

On Celebrity Website it still says - (but haven't seen any reports since post covid cruises returned.

Ever-popular trivia contests are just one of many games that are part of the cruise nightlife aboard your Celebrity ship. Throughout the cruise, there are lively pop-culture games, many hosted by your cruise director. Check out your Celebrity Today daily newsletter to find the time and location of karaoke nights, games shows, dance-offs, and other amiable competitions, as well as our wildly popular silent disco.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have been on both the Reflection & Edge and don’t recall any karaoke, we look to see where it is being held so we don’t go there.

LOL... We are much the same.   It use to be on Rendezvous Lounge when we would be finishing dinner.   I would never participate as I can't even hum in tune, but have heard some that must have the same affliction and get up and let it rip. 

18 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Karaoke is now back on some CCL & RCCL ships. Once in awhile, you do come across some good karaoke singers which makes the experience quite enjoyable.

We used to hope that the Phillippian staff would sing- like the Welsh they usually have wonderful voices. Not sure if that is likely on Celebrity but it was really a treat. 

4 hours ago, 5waldos said:

We used to hope that the Phillippian staff would sing- like the Welsh they usually have wonderful voices…… 

That’s so true. When my Navy ship made a call into a Philippine port, we’d head into a local club and there would be a young Filipino who was barely 5ft and 100ibs knocking out a perfecta rendition of a Johnny Cash classic. Fantastic. 

den

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I must confess that May will be our first Celebrity sailing post Covid shut down, so it is very possible that karaoke is not as common these days. I realise it is not for everyone, but I hope it does make a comeback. As @CruiseCrew123 said, sometimes it is with the band, rather than a backing track. Seen Celebrity styling it as 'Bandaoke' in the daily planner.

Karaoke on S class ships was usually held in Quasar,a bar I never visited,,too dark and flashing lights….also in the Sky Lounge.

Maybe cancelled due to COVID,,,,clubs in my locality stopped it due to possible contamination of the microphone,,,although you could get covers for each singer.

We aren't cruising until the fall. Maybe if someone happens to be on Millie sooner they could find out for us? My husband can really rock it, which is why he wants notice so he can practice. He enjoyed karaoke on Oceania but much of the playlist weren't songs he knew so he didn't want to try.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:55 AM, CruiseCrew123 said:

There was karaoke in the Rendevouz lounge on our Feb cruise - but singing with the band rather than a backing track 

I tried the singing with the band karaoke once. Didn't like it. Band had their own arrangements of many of the songs that made it hard follow.

2 hours ago, sasset said:

I tried the singing with the band karaoke once. Didn't like it. Band had their own arrangements of many of the songs that made it hard follow.

Agree. I prefer the same background music from original songs. Sounds way better and easy to follow.

10 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

There's been no Karaoke on any of my post-restart sailings. I have been on four so far. I would definitely have attended if they had it. I assumed it was a COVID protocol thing to not have it.

I've also been on four Celebrity cruises since the restart, and I don't recall any karaoke.  You are correct that it doesn't make a lot of sense during covid.  I was surprised when it was on the Royal Caribbean cruise we took in January.

Here's hoping it comes back soon, though!  It's fun!

3 hours ago, sasset said:

Yeah, that's tough to pull off well.