Flights by Celebrity

barbatkins

I have been on hold for  an hour and a half just to try to find out when the flights I booked through them for my cruise will show up in my American Airlines account so that I can choose my seat……. 

anyone know how long that takes after final ,payment?

Thanks

I booked tickets earlier this month for October cruise.  While on the phone with the rep, she checked available seats on the Delta flight to LGA and the AA flight from FLL.  She asked what I wanted and booked those seats then.  Emailed me full confirmation as well as an updated invoice while I was on the phone with her.  My account for each flight has all info.

49 minutes ago, barbatkins said:

I have been on hold for  an hour and a half just to try to find out when the flights I booked through them for my cruise will show up in my American Airlines account so that I can choose my seat……. 

anyone know how long that takes after final ,payment?

Thanks

Mine didn't automatically show up.   I went to AA immediately after booking and put in AA Ticket Locator number and was able to select my seat 8 months prior to flight.    The day final payment was made the reservation showed up in my AA account since I also input my Advantage Number when I selected my seats.

Could select seats on United with the booking number.  AA found the flights with the booking number, but says I need to book the trip and won't let me select seats. I'm making the final payment next week.  I hope I am able to select seats soon after. 

45 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

Could select seats on United with the booking number.  AA found the flights with the booking number, but says I need to book the trip and won't let me select seats. I'm making the final payment next week.  I hope I am able to select seats soon after. 

We had to have the record locator number which we had to phone Celebrity for.  We were pumped that they recognised our status and allocated us seats in Premium economy.  I'm sure you will be able to select your seats after FP.

BEWARE.  I just went through an issue with American Airlines and cruise line air...It took a LOT of time and effort--and getting through to the right people--to get it straightened out.

First, we're still a way off until final payment.  We actually have several flights booked through Celebrity/Royal Caribbean Air ("Choice Air") as we have two cruises--a Barcelona round trip on RCCL and a Reykjavik

to Boston on Celebrity...So, we have two legs attached to one booking and one to the other...We're on three other airlines for the other legs...and the issue only came up on the AA flights--LAX-ORD-BCN.

First of all, we had a record locator number from AA that Celebrity Air gave us.  The flights don't show up automatically when you log on aa.com...I had to log on, then manually enter the record locator...After that, it showed up.  Problem is, every few days, AA canceled the reservation.  Choice Air would reinstate it, then it would get canceled again.  Problem is that Choice Air doesn't "ticket" it until you make final payment...and,,. if not ticketed  within a certain number of days, AA sometimes, apparently, cancels it!!!

So, my advice is to log it onto your AA account, then check it carefully every couple of days and make sure it's still there.  As to seat assignments, best way to do it is to have the Choice Air agent do it for you.  Sometimes the aa website will let you do it, other times--especially when not yet ticketed, it won't.

• Thanks 1

I booked airfare yesterday for an Asian cruise scheduled for next Jan. through Celebrity flights.  I didn't think to write down the booking number. I never got an email from Celebrity, the flight doesn't show on my TA's website and I have no way to make a payment for the flight. The "Flights and More" tab on the website only has the flight numbers and times. Without the booking number, I can't even try to select the seats. Is this how it's supposed to work?

My experience is that if you give the Celebrity agent your FF numbers your flights will appear in your FF accounts. If you do not give them your FF number you can add the flights if you have the Record Locator. When I have gotten an email confirmation for my flights from Celebrity the record locator has always been in the email but I do not always get an email and sometimes I have to call. 

I have had mixed luck with assigning seats once the flights are associated with my FF number. Sometime I can assign them and sometime I need to call Celebrity to get them assigned. I have not been able to figure out why this is the case since I have had it occur before and after I made the final payment. 

Friends, who are flying home out of YYC after disembarking in Vancouver from the Millennium and joining us for a road trip to the Canadian Rockies, just called Flights by Celebrity on Saturday to change from a Delta flight to ours on AA. 

They were assigned seats on AA at the time of the switch.

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked flights for several Celebrity cruises through ChoiceAir but have always paid for my flights at the time I booked them and not as part of the final cruise payment. So I was not sure how the ticketing would work with the air tickets part of my final payment. 

I was not surprised that my air reservations remained unticketed before my final payment but was wondering how soon after the final payment does Celebrity ticket your flights. Does anyone have any experience with this?

On 3/16/2022 at 5:20 PM, patty1955 said:

I booked airfare yesterday for an Asian cruise scheduled for next Jan. through Celebrity flights.  I didn't think to write down the booking number. I never got an email from Celebrity, the flight doesn't show on my TA's website and I have no way to make a payment for the flight. The "Flights and More" tab on the website only has the flight numbers and times. Without the booking number, I can't even try to select the seats. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Unfortunately you will have to call Celebrity Flights to obtain the locator number.   I've had zero luck with them responding to an e-mail.

I try to always to take a screen shot when booking as their confirmations are hit or miss -  mostly miss.   When I called in to make the reservation and had them input my  FF Number it usually shows up in  on my airline account.   If not I have to manually pull it up and enter the FF Number to get it to stay in my account.

30 minutes ago, p18750 said:

I have booked flights for several Celebrity cruises through ChoiceAir but have always paid for my flights at the time I booked them and not as part of the final cruise payment. So I was not sure how the ticketing would work with the air tickets part of my final payment. 

I was not surprised that my air reservations remained unticketed before my final payment but was wondering how soon after the final payment does Celebrity ticket your flights. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I made the final payment a week ago. Still not unticketed.  I called my TA and he will contact Flights by Celebrity.  

I called FbC approximately 60 days prior to our international flight and the phone rep was able to submit a request to Air Canada to have the flights ticketed.  48 hours after my call to FbC the “Select Seats” option became available on the Air Canada web site.