Shuttle buses

Shipsareus

Just wandering if anyone has been onboard recently and can confirm that the cost of shuttle buses are included if select price was paid. I can’t just see it as a ‘benefit’ of select price in the current  website, but maybe I am missing it.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shipsareus said:

Just wandering if anyone has been onboard recently and can confirm that the cost of shuttle buses are included if select price was paid. I can’t just see it as a ‘benefit’ of select price in the current  website, but maybe I am missing it.

Thanks

Gibraltar has a taxi service bus £6pp return.

Other destinations are free for select and £4pp for others.

All cards are scanned before getting on the shuttle.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shipsareus said:

Thanks for that - so it’s exactly the same as it has always been for select price.  i.e no charge. I just wonder why that isn’t now mentioned as a benefit. 

I see what you mean ,when choosing a cruise it no longer shows on the Select drop down you 

can choose but it is still on the P&O site when you search for select . Link below .

https://www.pocruises.com/deals/select-price

59 minutes ago, kalos said:

I see what you mean ,when choosing a cruise it no longer shows on the Select drop down you 

can choose but it is still on the P&O site when you search for select . Link below .

https://www.pocruises.com/deals/select-price

It’s odd isn’t it? Maybe people who are currently on a cruise or have just been on one can enlighten us.

we were on Britannia in November on a select fare, but there were no shuttle buses, so not able to clarify. However we are in the Med in June and I expect many of the ports will have a shuttle bus.

All will be revealed!

It has always bothered me that P&O don't povide a shuttle bus into Gibraltar. Neither I nor my wife can walk as far as the town and there are usually queues for taxis so we tend to stay onboard in Gib.

On 3/18/2022 at 4:02 PM, smj777 said:

It has always bothered me that P&O don't povide a shuttle bus into Gibraltar. Neither I nor my wife can walk as far as the town and there are usually queues for taxis so we tend to stay onboard in Gib.

Just back from a cruise which included Gib. There is a bus service from the port as someone has just mentioned. £4 single...sorry don't know if they do a return. We found most ports that needed a shuttle ride the cost P&O charged was £4.00 (less % depending on the tier you are with P&O). In Barcelona we were there for 2 days. They charged for the first 2 rides and then it was free for any additional trips taken. The cost of shuttles is included in the select fare,  but I would realistically work out how much this could cost me as my saving on the last cruise would only have been £40 each. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Shuttle buses are free if you are select fare nothing to do with what tier you are in.

They are talking about the shuttle bus fare less the tier discount and wether it is worth paying Select Fare  to get it free. 

On 3/18/2022 at 3:12 PM, Shipsareus said:

It’s odd isn’t it? Maybe people who are currently on a cruise or have just been on one can enlighten us.

we were on Britannia in November on a select fare, but there were no shuttle buses, so not able to clarify. However we are in the Med in June and I expect many of the ports will have a shuttle bus.

All will be revealed!

We got off Iona yesterday.

3400 passengers on last voyage.

Shuttle to Alicante, Barcelona and Lisbon was free for us on Select bookings but £4pp return for non select.

Gibraltar supplied shuttles for £6pp return for select and non select.

We walked the 20 minutes in to town but got a taxi back from near M&S when it started to rain.

Graham.

Most ports do not have chargeable shuttles. If you are paying thousands for a cruise a few pounds on buses is small beer. Definitely not worth paying extra select price just for this if the other benefits are not important to you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Most ports do not have chargeable shuttles. If you are paying thousands for a cruise a few pounds on buses is small beer. Definitely not worth paying extra select price just for this if the other benefits are not important to you. 

Some itineries have ports with no shuttles at all.  ie Azura's current 13 night TA stops at Gran Canaria, Cadiz and Valletta.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 1:36 PM, Shipsareus said:

Thanks

Shuttle buses are included in the Select Price and I have know of P&O charging £10 each way for those who purchase the Saver price. I was however disappointed the last time we visited Lisbon as on all previous visits we had a shuttle bus. This time we had to walk and the pavements were uneven and it was quite a hike to get to the far end of the City which was where the shuttle used to drop you off.

5 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Shuttle buses are included in the Select Price and I have know of P&O charging £10 each way for those who purchase the Saver price. I was however disappointed the last time we visited Lisbon as on all previous visits we had a shuttle bus. This time we had to walk and the pavements were uneven and it was quite a hike to get to the far end of the City which was where the shuttle used to drop you off.

We were in Lisbon in January and P&O had shuttle buses in operation then.

We were in Lisbon last week on Iona.

The free shuttle bus for select £4 for non select dropped us off at the top of the city near Mango and Starbucks.

We walked down the main pedestrian road to the promenade which was just behind the large yellow building with red roof in this photo from our balcony.

Graham.

IMG_20220316_163916.jpg

29 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Do not need shuttle in Lisbon as ship is only 10 to 15 minutes flat walk to city gate! Pavements are all brand new .

You might not need the shuttle, but it was most welcome in Lisbon when my parents joined us on a cruise. 

• Like 2