New Wifi on QE

rakkor

1 hour ago, Camgirl said:

We have just tried tethering my husband's and my phone's together on the essential plan on board QE and it appears to be working fine.

Shhhhhhh!  Don't let Cunard hear that!

• Like 2

Just signed up for 24 hours on premium.  Apparently its the first 500mb  on faster connection, then a slower connection for the duration of the 24 hours.  We can only get a connection in the room on my macbook, not the iphones or ipad.  We have done 3pm to 3pm to effectively give us 2 days use.

Here are some details for the new Wi-Fi plans I found posted on another site. Some of this is new to this forum.

New Cunard guest internet plans

ESSENTIAL

Web browsing + Email + Music streaming + Social media, text and images (no video)

24-hours: $20

Full duration of voyage: $15 per day

PREMIUM

Everything from the ESSENTIAL package + video streaming + up to 3 x faster connection

24-hours: $30

Full duration of voyage: $20 per day

Cunard World Club internet credit (per guest)

Gold tier: $45

Platinum tier: $80

Diamond tier: $135

How to select one of our new Guest internet plans:

Go to the Wi-Fi settings on your device and select the Cunard Guest Wi-Fi option from the list of available networks.

Once you are connected, open your internet browser and type internet.cunard.com into the address bar. From there, you'll need to enter a couple of details, including a memorable username and a 4-digit PIN. Then, simply choose your preferred Wi-Fi plan and begin browsing.

Any credit you have available will be automatically applied when charges appear in your on board account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vix2000 said:

does it tell you about the 500mb limit?

Sorry, no, what I've found posted elsewhere doesn't mention the 500mb limit.

There is some introductory material I didn't include in what I posted above. Here are a couple excerpts from that additional material which might be of some general interest.

"... we have significantly upgraded our satellite internet service making our on board Wi-Fi faster and better value."

"The value of the complimentary internet for each CWC tier remains the same as it did previously."

That second statement is literally true since the price of the old 120 minute plan (Gold tier) was $45, the price of the old 240 minute plan (Platinum tier) was $80, and the price of the old 480 minute plan (Diamond tier) was $135. Those are the same dollar amounts users will be credited now to purchase the new plans based on their CWC tiers. However, as we've been discussing here, the intrinsic "value" of the new CWC internet credits compared to the old system will depend on individual usage patterns.

7 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Sorry, no, what I've found posted elsewhere doesn't mention the 500mb limit.

There is some introductory material I didn't include in what I posted above. Here are a couple excerpts from that additional material which might be of some general interest.

"... we have significantly upgraded our satellite internet service making our on board Wi-Fi faster and better value."

"The value of the complimentary internet for each CWC tier remains the same as it did previously."

That second statement is literally true since the price of the old 120 minute plan (Gold tier) was $45, the price of the old 240 minute plan (Platinum tier) was $80, and the price of the old 480 minute plan (Diamond tier) was $135. Those are the same dollar amounts users will be credited now to purchase the new plans based on their CWC tiers. However, as we've been discussing here, the intrinsic "value" of the new CWC internet credits compared to the old system will depend on individual usage patterns.

As we are both diamond we will log in on the OH laptop  on sea days alternatively and use each other's allowance since there appears to be 24 hours use for each daily purchase. On port days our phones and data allowance will be ultilised.

23 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

Are the computers available in the library as they were before the pandemic?  I find that sending e-mails on my tablet is frustrating, although reading them is fine.

@LadyL1 has reported on her live report that you can use multiple devices as long as you log out of one before signing on with the other, so I would thin it's still possible.

Roy

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

@LadyL1 has reported on her live report that you can use multiple devices as long as you log out of one before signing on with the other, so I would thin it's still possible.

Roy

I found this not to be the case - this was me trying Jane's login - I'm sure I logged out of hers

1564448298_Screenshot2022-03-1909_45_22.thumb.png.040cdedbd962dc5f67de860383686cfd.png

I normally bring an iPad which my and friend share for checking emails etc .  As we are both gold and sharing the same cabin, would we be allowed to buy 1 package for the entire cruise and apply both gold credits to it - so for a 7 night cruise this would total $105, less 2 x $45 gold credits, meaning we only had to pay $15?  If someone onboard could ask that would be great!

24 minutes ago, Se1lad said:

I normally bring an iPad which my and friend share for checking emails etc .  As we are both gold and sharing the same cabin, would we be allowed to buy 1 package for the entire cruise and apply both gold credits to it - so for a 7 night cruise this would total $105, less 2 x $45 gold credits, meaning we only had to pay $15?  If someone onboard could ask that would be great!

No. One loyalty credit to each account. 

5 hours ago, Se1lad said:

Yes you would - just from what's been published in this thread .  

On 3/21/2022 at 5:34 PM, rakkor said:

I found this not to be the case - this was me trying Jane's login - I'm sure I logged out of hers

1564448298_Screenshot2022-03-1909_45_22.thumb.png.040cdedbd962dc5f67de860383686cfd.png

It seems I was wrong and misread the notice and didn't see the box underneath to disconnect the current device - sorry for any confusion

Rakkor

I am glad you have wi-if in your new room, which is more than we have most of the time!😖

So sorry to hear your news yesterday, as was hoping to meet you, and trust your recovery to full health is swift.

I have the premium internet on my phone, currently with hubby tethered via Bluetooth. It's working ok, but I don't think it is any better than the old WiFi. Still keeps dropping out all the time. And pretty slow. I don't think I would be paying for premium except that I hadn't used any of my diamond allowance until today (we had used hubby's first). Doesn't seem any different to the essential level. Not very impressed so far, to be honest.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, rafinmd said:

Roy

Yep we have been doing that too. Please tell the other half you are doing it or you will get a thump as it logs them out.