Radiance of the Seas Deployment

12 hours ago, steveru621 said:

The Radiance cruise was too long?  Almost all of the Ovation cruises are different number of nights.

So what you are saying RCI will just be able to deny your lift and shift?

Yes most definately. Need to have a similar cruise unfortunately!

18 hours ago, steveru621 said:

We had B2B2B2B2B booked on Radiance, carefully crafted and now blown up.

We also.  Was booked from early March to end of April to Hawaii.   I am taking the refund.   Can't even come close to booking same cabins, and all cabins JS and up are gone from Ovation.  

Now we will fly to Hawaii and spend six weeks land based there.  

2nd time now Aussie adventure was cancelled.  First time Covid related...this time...totally RCI's fault with no replacement.  🤬

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

We also.  Was booked from early March to end of April to Hawaii.   I am taking the refund.   Can't even come close to booking same cabins, and all cabins JS and up are gone from Ovation.  

Now we will fly to Hawaii and spend six weeks land based there.  

2nd time now Aussie adventure was cancelled.  First time Covid related...this time...totally RCI's fault with no replacement.  🤬

May be time to either change cruise lines or just do land based vacations.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Has anyone in the US received their cancellation notice yet?  
I haven’t seen one yet but already switched so not sure if that’s why I wasn’t notified or they’re not out yet. 

We have a B2B on Radiance starting Feb 8th - first leg booked thru TA and 2nd leg booked direct with RCL.  Have received a notice (email) from TA that the 13 nite Feb 8 - 21 has been cancelled as Radiance will sail from Galveston.  Have not heard anything from RCL direct.  No other 13 nite Aus/NZ in Feb and only 13 nighter is in March and has 6 sea days.  We had to cancel these cruises in 2021 and again in 2022 due Covid and now again due RCL.   Really disappointed in RCL for pulling this crap and as a diamond, disappointed that we have heard nothing from them.

• Thanks 1

Trying to get a JS or above is difficult. Luckily one of our cruises was a balcony, so we had no issues with using that one to get a cruise. The other one was a JS and the only option this cruise season was in April, and we got the last JS. We had a Xmas cruise booked and so disappointed for the second year we can’t experience Xmas at sea.

This lot of cancellations was different to last as we were given options, this time we just had to find for ourselves.Last week we had two Princess cruises cancelled and it was a very easy process!

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

I haven’t seen one yet but already switched so not sure if that’s why I wasn’t notified or they’re not out yet. 

I haven’t actually received a email from RC but I called my agent and she sent her copy.

There’s nothing on the media here only  , WOW RC will have Quantum and Ovation here in October.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Trying to get a JS or above is difficult. Luckily one of our cruises was a balcony, so we had no issues with using that one to get a cruise. The other one was a JS and the only option this cruise season was in April, and we got the last JS. We had a Xmas cruise booked and so disappointed for the second year we can’t experience Xmas at sea.

This lot of cancellations was different to last as we were given options, this time we just had to find for ourselves.Last week we had two Princess cruises cancelled and it was a very easy process!

Suites are disappearing quickly.

Im still trying to combine 2 grand suites into a loft suite but no response.

lucky you agent put a hold on the cabin. It’s a real #hit fight.

My next problem with our Lift and Shifts is that it says on the paperwork, a deposit needs to be paid before 26/3? I have already paid the deposit so looks like another phone call Royal, but not today 3/12 hours over two days, I need a rest from that horrible music on their call centre phone line.

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

I am in Australia and haven't received anything either. I only know from social media and friends.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

I am in Australia and haven't received anything either. I only know from social media and friends.

I would contact Royal. Cruises are filling quickly especially if you want a JS or above. If you can  go to Brisbane Quantum seems to have a lot of vacancies. Unfortunately a lot of Pacific Island cruises also, which I am not convinced will happen. Mine were all longer cruises.

29 minutes ago, resordanis said:

My next problem with our Lift and Shifts is that it says on the paperwork, a deposit needs to be paid before 26/3? I have already paid the deposit so looks like another phone call Royal, but not today 3/12 hours over two days, I need a rest from that horrible music on their call centre phone line.

My paperwork says the same. Deposit has been paid when we booked the cruise ( I can’t even remember how long ago). Balance due is listed correctly, so not sure whether it’s just a standard for the paperwork, which has not been adjusted to reflect lift & shift. 

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Yes, I received an email yesterday at noon.  The subject line was:  Radiance of the Seas: a change to your itinerary.  I had two cruises booked but received only one email.  Perhaps they didn't even bother sending one for the 9 night GBR as there is no comparable sailing in either season.

Edited by kccrzr
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I would contact Royal. Cruises are filling quickly especially if you want a JS or above. If you can  go to Brisbane Quantum seems to have a lot of vacancies. Unfortunately a lot of Pacific Island cruises also, which I am not convinced will happen. Mine were all longer cruises.

I was sent the email from a friend. There are no suitable cruises as it was a short cruise for me to Lift and Shift to. I could fly to Brisbane at added expense (flights, transport to the airport, transport to the port etc) which means I would actually be out of pocket and then those cruises include Sydney as a port. I will have to the take the FCC as I booked using a FCC.

32 minutes ago, Jandex said:

My paperwork says the same. Deposit has been paid when we booked the cruise ( I can’t even remember how long ago). Balance due is listed correctly, so not sure whether it’s just a standard for the paperwork, which has not been adjusted to reflect lift & shift. 

This is the 4th time I have been through that .

Its a Tasmania cruise ,Serenade,Ovation,Radiance and now back to Ovation 

From memory, you have to pay another deposit and when the credit is processed ask for your deposit back.

This is really bad public relations for crown & anchor. So much for loyalty.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

No letter found out on Facebook. I was booked on b2b Vancouver to Hawaii then to Sydney. Not only did I not get a letter Royal Caribbean took it upon themselves to make a booking on a cruise returning from Hawaii back to Vancouver without my knowledge or permission. What a mess. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jandex said:

I will ring them in the next few days, but not today, just need a break from Royal Caribbean!

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I just got a email from Royal Caribbean.

Now I’m ready confused.

41ED287A-C767-4C88-BCB8-E54C5DBB6232.jpeg

I did too! Funnily  enough, on Friday I received a similar email re my Radiance cruises!

Edited by resordanis
  • Like 1