Ovation of the Seas-Alaska-May 5, 2022-May 13, 2022

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently it's the 49th state, so yep.

I had Sprint back in 2012 when I was here, and there were a couple of places it didn’t work, and Alaska was the 49th state then too. 🙄

Thankfully, cell sites have been much improved in the last several years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I had Sprint back in 2012 when I was here, and there were a couple of places it didn’t work, and Alaska was the 49th state then too. 🙄

I was only referring to current voyage. 10 years ago was an eon in cell phone coverage. They were still on 3G back then😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was only referring to current voyage. 10 years ago was an eon in cell phone coverage. They were still on 3G back then😉

Funny you say that…I also have TMobile and only got 3G today. I didn’t look in town, but  this is on ship.7BE13C0A-C753-466E-83AE-7F3DE2396099.thumb.jpeg.a0fc04f5363e3dd61a78c38c14303d85.jpeg

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Anybody hear any rumors about how many will be onboard for the next sailing? Asking for a friend...😉

Since some of us are on the ship, and try to give you correct info, I have heard 4500…however, it could be a bit less after boarding. I heard 4000 on this sailing, but my room steward said 3900.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Funny you say that…I also have TMobile and only got 3G today. I didn’t look in town, but  this is on ship.7BE13C0A-C753-466E-83AE-7F3DE2396099.thumb.jpeg.a0fc04f5363e3dd61a78c38c14303d85.jpeg

That sounds about right just based on what I’m experiencing!

17 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Anybody hear any rumors about how many will be onboard for the next sailing? Asking for a friend...😉

I don’t think they really know untilaube the day before embarkation.  I think more than a few are turned away at the pier, too!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

If we're close to capacity, I might be inclined to wear a mask in the more crowded areas. The golden days of light passenger loads are slipping away!

Might be mandatory if she comes back into Seattle with a lot of Covid Cases. That is why I mentioned the masks again.

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

AT&T is the way to go up in Alaska. They have the best coverage up there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Might be mandatory if she comes back into Seattle with a lot of Covid Cases. That is why I mentioned the masks again.

STOP, please with your theories. Read the  red banner on top of Royal board, and please let @graphicguy continue with his excellent live thread and no peanut gallery comments. Lots of other threads you can snark on. Thank you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Just got this reading.  We’re still docked in Skagway but I’m using the ship’s VOOM.  Not good!

B418C0C4-5C3A-4883-93CC-911DF916FAD4.png

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Will be leaving Skagway shortly.  This is where you want to be for sail always….270°

6FE192E2-0B20-45D6-B91B-83D955EE21CA.jpeg

Heading there now...look for a blonde in black sparkly tshirt with espresso martini in hand 😂

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just got this reading.  We’re still docked in Skagway but I’m using the ship’s VOOM.  Not good!

B418C0C4-5C3A-4883-93CC-911DF916FAD4.png

Starlink needs to send some satellites that way! 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 7:32 AM, MikeBayAreaCa said:

Have you been to the Pub?  I’m curious about the beer selection?  Is there any draft beer?  

I am onboard too.  I think I saw Heineken and Newcastle on tab but I will double check and correct myself if I am wrong!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

We’re still docked in Skagway but I’m using the ship’s VOOM.  Not good!

That ping!!!!

@twangsterwill need to experiment to see where the ship loses O3B going north and switches to geosynchronous sat connection. 

I am loving your photos.  Thank you for sharing your vacation with us.

Do you have surf n stream or just surf?

I found wifi signal to be great in 270 on Anthem, especially 2nd floor near library/computer room.   Also, Love the huge windows in 270.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1