Celebrity have released new guidelines for transatlantic cruises.

sunlover33

8 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

So from what I read,  we need a PCR test one day prior to flying to our embarkation port, another  PCR within two days of embarkation,  another PCR test before we depart for our debarkation port, and another PCR  test one day before flying back to the US.  What a pain.  Plus carrying six Binax Now tests,  Double pain. 

Surely this can't be right.

50 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

So from what I read,  we need a PCR test one day prior to flying to our embarkation port, another  PCR within two days of embarkation,  another PCR test before we depart for our debarkation port, and another PCR  test one day before flying back to the US.  What a pain.  Plus carrying six Binax Now tests,  Double pain. 

Where are you reading that PCR is required?  Aren't antigen tests sufficient? (And easier, and faster?)

We did it the other way around from the UK we had booked the ABC Cruise from FLL begining of March.

We are both Triple vaccinated our requirement was an Antigen to enter the US by flight within 24hrs extended to 48hrs for the Cruise, so we did the Test in the UK 03/03 / Flew 03/04 / Cruise 03/05.

For the return we only had to complete a Passenger Locater Form (this has since been discontinued.

Changes all the time might be worth keeping up with Country Requirements you visit.

FYI.. We have an app for our vaccine certificates and cardbord cards we were required to show these on all our Ports of Call to local authorites.

Good Luck it is a whole new world out there, but at least we are moving.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Major pain ,

now need to be test a day before getting on the ship heading to Amsterdam 

I was hoping getting testing tested 2 days before would cover our flight to the USA and getting on the ship 

Where do you see the 'day before'?

I read it as 2-days prior to cruising AND 1 day prior to arrival in the US.  If you tested Thursday, flew to the US on Friday, and boarded on Saturday (for example) it seems like you should be fine.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

No PCRs are required at all from the looks of it.  

• Like 1

For clarity here is the link within the link that is specific for Transatlantic cruise as of March 30, 2022.

Here is the language for debarking in Spain, Italy or Amsterdam:

"If you will be debarking in Amsterdam, Spain or Italy and you are:

Fully vaccinated and either within 9 months (270 days) of your final primary dose OR Boosted – no debark testing is required. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise.

Fully vaccinated but NOT within 9 months (270 days) of your final primary dose OR Boosted – you will be required to take an antigen test onboard at your expense and test negative prior to exiting the terminal in order to enter the country. These tests will cost $42 per test, per person.

If you will be debarking in any other country, being fully-vaccinated will suffice and no further testing is required in order to debark the ship". 

Transatlantic Travel Requirements (celebritycruises.com)

• Like 3

Also for clarity here is the language regarding pre cruise testing and both Antigen and PCR tests are permitted.

Pre-Arrival Covid-19 Testing

Our boarding requirements include that all guests present at embarkation a negative COVID-19 test result, either an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days* of boarding the ship. Pre-arrival testing must be completed by an authorized provider at your own expense.

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. In addition, a vaccination card must also be presented.  We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.

Additionally, please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. For more details, please visit our FAQs.

* For itineraries that have port of call OR end in Spain, Italy or Amsterdam, pre-arrival test must be within one day of sailing regardless of homeport.

33 minutes ago, D C said:

Where do you see the 'day before'?

I read it as 2-days prior to cruising AND 1 day prior to arrival in the US.  If you tested Thursday, flew to the US on Friday, and boarded on Saturday (for example) it seems like you should be fine.  

You might have missed the text that I've highlighted below:

Our boarding requirements include that all guests present at embarkation a negative COVID-19 test result, either an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days* of boarding the ship. Pre-arrival testing must be completed by an authorized provider at your own expense.

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. In addition, a vaccination card must also be presented.  We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.

Additionally, please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. For more details, please visit our FAQs.

* For itineraries that have port of call OR end in Spain, Italy or Amsterdam, pre-arrival test must be within one day of sailing regardless of homeport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

You might have missed the text that I've highlighted below:

Yea... I started the process.    You fill out 4 questions for the primary passenger (you can file one form for a family or group) .    The only choices they have is that you are arriving by Air or Ferry  so I chose Ferry.    They then send you a link and a verification code -  When you try to complete is says you can not complete until 24 hours prior to arrival in Spain. 

5 hours ago, cbfb said:

I believe it is stating if your 2nd dose is more than 270 days you need a booster shot to avoid other testing. We are traveling to Italy later this year and that is their requirement right now. 

The last time I looked Italy’s requirement’s were for booster  180 days after final primary dose. 

Edited by sunlover33
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

The last time I looked Italy’s requirement’s were for booster  180 days after final primary dose. 

This from Euronews.com Italy entry requirements and it says within 9 months or booster to avoid the Covid pre entry test, there is no time limit on the booster. The 6 months if I read it right is in leu of booster if you have a certificate of recovery from Covid within 6 months.

What are Italy's travel rules?

Fully vaccinated travellers (those who have received one or two doses within the past nine months or those who have received a booster shot) from any country are no longer required to supply a negative COVID test to enter Italy.

That means if you're fully jabbed, you can present either proof of vaccination status or a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 within the past six months.

Unvaccinated visitors can also enter Italy and are no longer required to quarantine (previously they had to quarantine for five days). But they will need to produce proof of recovery from COVID within the last 180 days or a negative COVID test.

Regardless of vaccination status, all passengers must fill in a Passenger Locator Form, which can be found here. If they do not, they will have to quarantine for five days on arrival.

Passengers flying to or from Italy must also wear an FFP2 mask at all times while on board.

Edited by terrydtx

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

This from Euronews.com Italy entry requirements and it says within 9 months or booster to avoid the Covid pre entry test, there is no time limit on the booster. The 6 months if I read it right is in leu of booster if you have a certificate of recovery from Covid within 6 months.

What are Italy's travel rules?

Fully vaccinated travellers (those who have received one or two doses within the past nine months or those who have received a booster shot) from any country are no longer required to supply a negative COVID test to enter Italy.

That means if you're fully jabbed, you can present either proof of vaccination status or a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 within the past six months.

Unvaccinated visitors can also enter Italy and are no longer required to quarantine (previously they had to quarantine for five days). But they will need to produce proof of recovery from COVID within the last 180 days or a negative COVID test.

Regardless of vaccination status, all passengers must fill in a Passenger Locator Form, which can be found here. If they do not, they will have to quarantine for five days on arrival.

Passengers flying to or from Italy must also wear an FFP2 mask at all times while on board.

Yes, they were originally advocating 6 rather than 9 months, but I thought they may have changed to fall in line with Spain and other European countries. But haven’t had time to check today. 

Our travel agent has 40cabins on the Apex TA she was talking with Celebrity this post on the subject about the Apex TA 

"l just reconfirmed that IF you are fully vaccinated, with Booster! You can have your test 2 days before cruise....
For Amsterdam you will need a test and that will be done on the ship."

1 hour ago, Airbalancer said:

Our travel agent has 40cabins on the Apex TA she was talking with Celebrity this post on the subject about the Apex TA 

"l just reconfirmed that IF you are fully vaccinated, with Booster! You can have your test 2 days before cruise....
For Amsterdam you will need a test and that will be done on the ship."

Since what a  Celebrity CS rep says over the phone is not inline with what is on Celebrity's website, I would trust the web site, would not be the first time a CS rep has given wrong, uninformed or misleading information over the phone. The new update release from Celebrity was yesterday and the CS rep may not be informed on the update either. Refer to post number 33 above and highlighted sentence, that is a direct quote from the new update from yesterday. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Coffee finished went back still no info other than US.  DH tried his PC no info or  pretty picture.  

Just tried again and got the pretty pictures!  

Thanks

Here is the link--it's one of three, all on the same page as US.  Have to click on the Learn More box.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

I am testing this out to see if others read this the same way I do.  There are 5 transatlantics in April, and I believe that all but one of them now have a one day test requirement before sailing.  The only exception is the April 8 Silhouette sailing.

April 8 - Silhouette - 2 days because no port stop or end in Italy, Spain or Amsterdam.

April 18 - Reflection - 1 day because of stops in Spain and Italy

April 18 - Constellation - 1 day because of port stops and ending in Spain

April 22 - Edge - 1 day because of port stops in Spain and Italy, and ending in Italy

April 30 - Apex - 1 day because of ending in Amsterdam.

We are on the April 30 Apex sailing.  Some travel agents are reporting back are telling some passengers that we still have a 2 day requirement, but I don't think that is possibly correct given the wording of the new policy.  For whatever it is worth, the person responsible for the Celebrity app seems to think we have a one day requirement, because when you click on "Health" at the bottom of the screen, it says that we need an antigen or PCR test taken "no more than 1 day before boarding day."

I would especially be interested to hear what @Jim_Iain's app says, since they are on the April 8 Silhouette transatlantic.

Tom & Judy

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TFree said:

I would especially be interested to hear what @Jim_Iain's app says, since they are on the April 8 Silhouette transatlantic.

I’m on the April 22 Edge sailing. I wish I’d looked at the app yesterday to confirm/compare if it said 2 days prior. Today it says 1 day prior. 

The part that makes no sense to me is Spain’s accepting a test taken on April 21, but not April 20, when our first Spanish port isn’t until May 2. But since not much in life makes sense anymore, I’ll just follow the rules!

And I’ll be watching the roll calls for Connie and Reflection Transatlantics since they depart before Edge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yea... I started the process.    You fill out 4 questions for the primary passenger (you can file one form for a family or group) .    The only choices they have is that you are arriving by Air or Ferry  so I chose Ferry.    They then send you a link and a verification code -  When you try to complete is says you can not complete until 24 hours prior to arrival in Spain. 

Jim and Ian we were on the same Equinox cruise in September. Please go to my post #401 on the Celebrity Summit  May 13th Cruise roll Calls, this should answer your testing on board for Bermuda. Hope  this  helps!

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Jim

I have been on x2 cruises since November and not had to fill out a PLF form for Spain on either of them.

If you fly in or arrive by ferry you do at the moment but I believe on a cruise you don’t.

This is Cunard info…….

Destinations.
Spain (Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Vigo, Fuerteventura, Cádiz, La Coruña, Málaga, Cartagena, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Valencia, Gijon, Santander, La Palma)

Will I need to fill out a Passenger Locator Form for this destination?
 No.

Before going ashore at this destination, am I required to have an on board Covid-19 test?
 No.

To go ashore at this destination, do I need to book a Cunard shore experience?
 No.

Additional information
 If more than 270 days (calculated from the day of disembarkation from your voyage) will have passed since your second/last Covid-19 vaccine, then a booster vaccine will also be required.

My research had shown the same but I was just looking at what was posted by Celebrity for the TA protocols.      I initially forgot I wasn't going to Spain until my 2nd cruise out of Southampton so on hold until they post the European Southampton Protocols.

I'm scratching my head as I thought  read that Spain had fully opened their boarder like the UK.

1 hour ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

Funny -  I hadn't looked until I just saw your message.   I just looked at the new protocols and said... good still 2 days.  

I just looked at both the App and PC and on both the pop up screen has disappeared and no where does it say either 1 or 2 day.       Are you seeing the 1 day in a popup or somewhere else.

Previously there was a popup that said protocols would be coming shortly.

On my other cruises out of Sothampton -  I get a popup but only says Be Ready to Board -  Review our Health and Safety Protocols  -   rest of the page blank.      When I click continue it show the boarding pass with the Health and Safety Questionnaire - Not yet cleared to board. 

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Funny -  I hadn't looked until I just saw your message.   I just looked at the new protocols and said... good still 2 days.  

I just looked at both the App and PC and on both the pop up screen has disappeared and no where does it say either 1 or 2 day.       Are you seeing the 1 day in a popup or somewhere else.

Previously there was a popup that said protocols would be coming shortly.

On my other cruises out of Sothampton -  I get a popup but only says Be Ready to Board -  Review our Health and Safety Protocols  -   rest of the page blank.      When I click continue it show the boarding pass with the Health and Safety Questionnaire - Not yet cleared to board. 

The new protocols released yesterday by Celebrity only covered TA cruises from the US to Europe in April, since your cruise originates in Southampton, it would be treated differently, for now. 

Although looking out of date the attached is current although it is understood to be in the process of updating. All ships sailing in UK and European waters have to adhere to its terms.  This is why the information for arriving by means other than cruise ship appear to be out of kilter.

health_measures_for_the_restoration_of_cruise_ship_activities_in_spain_def_en_20210531.pdf