Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Our Next Adventure at Sea

Three Consecutive Cruises

silhouette-2560x1440.jpg.rend.8x3-large.jpg

First Cruise - April 8 - April  21, 2022 - Transatlantic 13 Night Cruise Fort Lauderdale to Southampton

Second Cruise - April 21 to April 30, 2022 - Southampton 9 Night France, Portugal and Spain

Third Cruise - April 30 - May 7, 2022 - Southampton 7 Night Norwegian Fjords

Side Trip -  May 7 to May 17 - Visit with Alex and Evelyn in Scotland

LET THE PLANNING BEGIN

I will also follow along, especially the Transatlantic cruise as we originally booked that, too (but then canceled it due to the uncertain situation concerning travelling to the US, testing etc. a few months ago. 🙂 Have a great cruise (i.e. three cruises). 

Christine

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bunnyette said:

Sounds fantastic!   I will definitely be following along.  3 more years until retirement then I can do more B2Bs

I am finally retired and able to do B2B cruising. Retired in 2020, no traveling, and now we will be gone for 33 consecutive days in August, 34 days in 2023 and 39 days in 2024 on cruises and land tours.

• Like 9

Hi Jim

I'm looking forward to cruising along with your first two legs vicariously and hope to join you on board for the Fjords.

Keep the ship safe for us and see you at the WCB in 26 days🍸🍹🥂😎

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I am finally retired and able to do B2B cruising. Retired in 2020, no traveling, and now we will be gone for 33 consecutive days in August, 34 days in 2023 and 39 days in 2024 on cruises and land tours.

Make the most of it!

I retired in 2014 after 30+ years in Education. We celebrated with a Trans Pacific cruise with pre cruise time in Hawaii and post cruise in Sydney.

Needless to say we didn’t anticipate a ‘pause’ to our travel over the last few years…

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Needless to say we didn’t anticipate a ‘pause’ to our travel over the last few years…

I know, 6 canceled cruises in 2020 and 2021 and 2 lost prime Retirment travel years.

• Like 1

Just now, jono mono said:

Jim. We are on to SILHOUETTE on May 8th, when you get off so looking forward to reading the  reports, thank you in anticipation and hope you have a wonderful time. John.

You better hope Jim doesn't suck up all the fun before you board. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Excited to follow you on your journey.  We'll be boarding the Silhouette on May 7th on a B2B - Norwegian Fjords & Scandinavia cruises.  Our journey continues to Amsterdam & Bruges for a Viking Rhine river cruise to Basel, Switzerland.  Bon Voyage and have a great 'B3B'.  Cheers!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I’m reading this thread on my iPhone. The avatar for every person who has posted on it has that little ship icon on it. Not sure what’s up with that. 

Have a great trip x 3  

Thanks -- the Badge must be contagious.   Maybe they will have a vaccine for it soon.

I just checked on my iPhone and everyone has a Rocket icon but on PC Chemmo and I have a Ship and the word Rare over us.  

image.png.4f2e2aff13d2697e34b43260c9e00fe7.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hiccups said:

Envious of a B3B.  Eight more years until retirement and we can take some B2Bs!

I laughed that one of my thoughts was, "B3B, in suites... wonder how many CC points that will be."  Not that you need them, I know 🙂 

Really not as many as you would think .    I have a spreadsheet where I track the.   TA  = 56, Spain/Portugal 108 and Norwegian Fjord 84 for a total of 348.   which is a long way (1,572) short of hitting double Zenith. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dianedebuda said:

I almost always just lurk, but checking in ready to enjoy your trip. 🍿 Wanna place any bets on how long before someone will refer to Lain😆 Like the new avatar. 👍

LOL -- on Friday Iain's Doctor's nurse called and asked for Lain telling him he needed blood work and a physical before his doctor would refill his prescription.   Ugh... Luckily his doctor agreed to a Phone Physical a couple hours later and lab work was done yesterday.  

Love all these last minute "emergencies" 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

Yes, I spotted it this morning and traced it back to the live review I did in September when we did a staycation cruise on Silhouette in the PH. I try to do a live review most cruises as ‘payback’ as I enjoy reading the posts of others so much! I feel a very humble member of a badge club now, my reviews are certainly not as exciting or visual as yours!

You really have a wonderful itinerary. Have you visited Norway before? We cruised there a similar time of year to you and had fantastic weather. Cold if you were out of the sun but stunning beauty. Despite my foot being in an orthopaedic boot at the time we had a fantastic cruise.

I agree,   I started my live reviews as a payback.   I have learned so much from everyone here and still learn new stuff daily.  

We have never been to Norway before so are really looking forward to it.   This cruise is a little more difficult to pack for with everything to Tropical to Glacier weather.  

• Like 6