The Daily for Tuesday 04/05/2022

richwmn

@Mtn2SeaRobert thanks for showing us your tour photos from your Marmaris visit.  The tombs they carved looked so much like the Petra ones.  Looked like a good day in Turkey!

@grapau27Graham, I'm happy to hear the follow up visit to the dermatologist went so well.  Very reassuring for you.

Have a safe flight @Cruzin Terriand a wonderful cruise.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Our 4:15 PM flight has now been delayed indefinitely.  We are still sitting in the Miami airport.  We left the lounge because the board said the flight was on time.  After we arrived at the gate we were told that the plane was sitting in the sun all day and was hotter than 90 degrees inside and the A?C not working.  They have been working on it for more than 2 1/2 hours.

Maybe we will leave tonight.  Maybe not. It is a full flight, what fun if they have to rebook everyone.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 11

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Mtn2SeaRobert thanks for showing us your tour photos from your Marmaris visit.  The tombs they carved looked so much like the Petra ones.  Looked like a good day in Turkey!

@grapau27Graham, I'm happy to hear the follow up visit to the dermatologist went so well.  Very reassuring for you.

Have a safe flight @Cruzin Terriand a wonderful cruise.

Thank you Sandi.

Has the numbness gone yet on your forehead after your MOHS surgery?

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Our 4:15 PM flight has now been delayed indefinitely.  We are still sitting in the Miami airport.  We left the lounge because the board said the flight was on time.  After we arrived at the gate we were told that the plane was sitting in the sun all day and was hotter than 90 degrees inside and the A?C not working.  They have been working on it for more than 2 1/2 hours.

Maybe we will leave tonight.  Maybe not. It is a full flight, what fun if they have to rebook everyone.

Terri

How awful.  Wishing you the best.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi.

Has the numbness gone yet on your forehead after your MOHS surgery?

No, not yet.  Day 44.  The wound was on the forehead but the the numbness is above the forehead on the top of my head, left half.  My nerves are slow at reconnecting it seems.🤕

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This has turned out to be a rather busy day.  After we got back from Parker and had everything put away, DH decided we needed to to to Blythe to pick up something we could not get in Parker.  I have a few minutes before I head into town for a much needed haircut.

@NextOne  Edi, I'm happy your niece is home that the problem is easily fixed.

@Mr. Boston  I'm sorry your sister, Sharon< has shingles on her face.  Hope it is mild case and heals quickly and that she could get a prescription to help.

@Horizon chaser 1957  What a mess with the tree falling on your house.  You were very lucky it was dead and shattered and that it missed the window.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope you can get the x-ray and ultrasound soon and that they reveal the problem is not serious.  Thank you for the picture of the eaglets.

@Mtn2Sea  Robert, thank you for your pictures from Marmaris.  The tombs look interesting.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm sorry your flight is delayed and I hope the problem is solved soon.  Have a safe flight when you do head out.

@grapau27  Graham, that's good news about your follow-up visit.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Flight delayed again. Now showing 11:30pm departure 😱. Poor Terri

I was just going to post, but you beat me to it.  The plane is not yet fixed.  The captain and crew have timed out but the flight is not canceled.  Therefore if we cancel, we are stuck with paying for another flight.  Lady in lounge has us booked on an Iberia flight tomorrow at 5 pm to Madrid and then Barcelona. 

That’s all i know.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

2 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Flight delayed again. Now showing 11:30pm departure 😱. Poor Terri

We had our 7:30 pm Atlanta to Heathrow flight delayed once for mechanical reasons, 5 hours late.  It was not fun!  They brought snacks around to the gate which helped some but DH and I missed our next afternoon appointment to tour Buckingham Palace due to our late arrival to our hotel next day.  We walked over the next morning and they let us go then without an appointment time.  I hope things work out for Terry as overnight flights are hard enough.  What airline is she on and is it a nonstop to Barcelona?

• Like 12

Good Evening All,

So I haven’t read the Daily, but will probably do so after we get home. We’re preparing to leave CSL and will shortly be underway.  

Here’s not quite a sunrise, and a picture of this morning’s Cabo Rolls. ( Not sure if that’s the official name, but they weren’t offered yesterday, and I asked a staff member, and he thought it was a good name for them. They were filled with Nutella. 

We spent the day on an electric bike tour along the coast. Glad we did it. But it is a once and done for me. The included lunch was “Irvine “Mexican””

3AF24AA2-DD0C-4277-AF77-D0D7F02AFEF2.jpeg

F34925D7-F644-47EA-B081-439E443F2B44.jpeg

D00706AE-460C-489F-ABD0-F3AE1C536985.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We had our 7:30 pm Atlanta to Heathrow flight delayed once for mechanical reasons, 5 hours late.  It was not fun!  They brought snacks around to the gate which helped some but DH and I missed our next afternoon appointment to tour Buckingham Palace due to our late arrival to our hotel next day.  We walked over the next morning and they let us go then without an appointment time.  I hope things work out for Terry as overnight flights are hard enough.  What airline is she on and is it a nonstop to Barcelona?

I’m on American Airlines, “doing what they do best”. Screwing up!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I’m on American Airlines, “doing what they do best”. Screwing up!

I hear a lot of complaints about American, but to be fair our troubles were on Delta!🙄  Hope they get everything fixed perfectly of course, and you are on your way.  Try to remain calm though because you'll be awake all night if you get all upset.  Deep breaths!

• Like 11

I hope they feed you more than cookies and coffee on the flight over.

Ok, this is a question for those who use purses- when you empty them out looking for something-what do you have the most of?/  I was hoping for my keys, but i found over 20 shopping lists.

• Like 5
  • Haha 15

27 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I hope they feed you more than cookies and coffee on the flight over.

Ok, this is a question for those who use purses- when you empty them out looking for something-what do you have the most of?/  I was hoping for my keys, but i found over 20 shopping lists.

Definitely an abundance of paper -- kleenex/shopping lists/receipts.  The keys will be in the last place you look for them.😉

Terri's flight should have dinner 90 minutes after takeoff if they work like Delta does.  When our 7:30 pm flight took off at 12:30 am they brought out dinner between 1:30 to 2 am.  Seriously!  People were hungry but most had already fallen asleep!

Terri, I see your post about Iberia.  So they're done working on the plane and have given up I guess.  Good thing you didn't try to fly in the night before like some people do.  Get some rest!  Edited to say I see your flight is still delayed and expected to leave after 11 pm tonight.  I hope you still get to take off and don't have to wait until the Iberia flight tomorrow.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I was just going to post, but you beat me to it.  The plane is not yet fixed.  The captain and crew have timed out but the flight is not canceled.  Therefore if we cancel, we are stuck with paying for another flight.  Lady in lounge has us booked on an Iberia flight tomorrow at 5 pm to Madrid and then Barcelona. 

That’s all i know.

Terri

I am so sorry Terri. Puts a damper on all the excitement surrounding the trip. Hoping thinks get back on track FAST. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

That’s all i know.

Terri

Some trips just seem star crossed.  But the silver lining if the flight leaves late,  you will likely be able to sleep most of the way and will have little jet lag.  

We had upgraded one time to an earlier business class flight to Heathrow and then a thunderstorm rolled in cancelling all flights.  By the time it cleared, the crew had timed out and were going to make an additional stop in Toronto,  so we stuck with our original late flight in economy to get there earlier as we were meeting friends.   They promised me my luggage was onboard.   Well in addition to paying the upgrade and not getting it,  we also had no luggage when we landed!  Good thing my friend knew where the factory outlets were!

now I never travel without a change of clothes and essentials in my carryon.   I had to replace a lot in England as I had no jacket even.  Was very easy without luggage🤷‍♀️😂😩😜

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Definitely an abundance of paper -- kleenex/shopping lists/receipts.  The keys will be in the last place you look for them.😉

Terri's flight should have dinner 90 minutes after takeoff if they work like Delta does.  When our 7:30 pm flight took off at 12:30 am they brought out dinner between 1:30 to 2 am.  Seriously!  People were hungry but most had already fallen asleep!

Terri, I see your post about Iberia.  So they're done working on the plane and have given up I guess.  Good thing you didn't try to fly in the night before like some people do.  Get some rest!  Edited to say I see your flight is still delayed and expected to leave after 11 pm tonight.  I hope you still get to take off and don't have to wait until the Iberia flight tomorrow.

Well, the latest is that the plane is fixed and they are now waiting for two more crew members.  Jim and I are happier to get on our original flight rather than Iberia. That way we don’t have to chase down our luggage or make a connection in Madrid.  They are pretty certain it is going.

Terri

• Like 17

Our reluctance to move to another flight was the fact that we are in business class.  I usually do not fly coach on long flights because I had a DVT that resulted in pulmonary emboli (blood clots in the lungs).  The only alternatives were in economy so we were reluctant to change.  When they found two business seats going through Madrid tomorrow, we said okay.  But we don’t have to do that now—hopefully.

Please say a prayer we make it. 

Terri

• Like 19