Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Light blue on deck 6 hump.  Eight cabins.

image.thumb.jpeg.a280d8dfeb15ae9f0b58e664e448e283.jpeg

I guess you get the Sky Class benefits but are not in the Suite Neighborhood.  Convenient location for activities.  

Edited by SherriZ366

19 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I guess you get the Sky Class benefits but are not in the Suite Neighborhood.  Convenient location for activities.  

It is pretty much a Junior Suite except it has Sky Class perks instead of Sea Class perks.

Spectrum has some but on Spectrum they are located in the Golden suite area. 

Oasis class has long had a number of Sky Class suites that are not deck 17.  This is just another example of a Sky class suite that isn't in close proximity to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. 

I've stayed in a GS on deck 6 close to where the JY are on Utopia and loved the area.  Close to everything down low.  The only catch was riding the elevator to CK.  

image.thumb.jpeg.2153515d8de3a0d6c0d70c1e3d4c6296.jpeg

Edited by twangster

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

It is pretty much a Junior Suite except it has Sky Class perks instead of Sea Class perks.

Spectrum has some but in that cases they are located in the Golden area.  Oasis class has long had a number of Sky Class suites that are not deck 17.  This is just another example of a Sky class suite that isn't in close proximity to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  I've stayed in a GS on deck 6 close to where the JY are on Utopia and loved the area.  Close to everything down low.  The only catch was riding the elevator to CK.  

I'm with you on this one.  I would rather have a suite on deck 6.  As a matter of fact we have a GS booked on the Allure deck 6 for next January.  Most of the places I frequent are from deck 4-8 so being up on 17 is not convenient except for CK

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rockmom said:

Did I miss it--has an opening date for the adults only area been announced yet?  

Last 1/4 2023 was quoted somewhere a while back

Also seen November 2023

With the introduction of a free adults only location, it gives RC a option to provide a Suite beach elsewhere 

Im sure with a free option naturally the numbers will decrease for a $150 plus option at Beach Club

Purely speculation regarding unable to book beach club day passes only, my theory on this is that Beach Club will become Suite Club 

I’ll eat my hat if it doesn’t happen, but I know little birds and have gut designs on a Cooc Cay Suite Club 😉

It has a nice ring to it 

And RC can incorporate that $150 into All Suite cruise fares pretty easily and not lose any money, actually make more money as not everyone going to Cococay may want to utilize the facility 

The $150 is just a random price that some have paid and some have not for Beach Club day passes 

Some pay $260 upwards and some of us have gotten for less than $90

Purely speculation and no hard evidence or links to back up my theory 

Only Father Time will tell. tick tock  

36 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

There are only 8 of these JY beauties.

We have one booked on Icon and I would like to snag one on Utopia 

Collectively we need to keep these little gems our secret 🤐 

The less people that know these are Sky Class deck 6 premium real estate 

More chances of us snagging them 😎

Mums the word 🤣😂🤣

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

Oasis class has long had a number of Sky Class suites that are not deck 17.  This is just another example of a Sky class suite that isn't in close proximity to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. 

I've stayed in a GS on deck 6 close to where the JY are on Utopia and loved the area.  Close to everything down low.  The only catch was riding the elevator to CK.  

We're on Allure in a GS on Deck 9 this fall and have also sailed on Harmony on decks 9 and 10.  The elevator seemed a bit inconvenient to get to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  I was in a CL on HM and loved having CK and the Suite Lounge just steps away.  We did use Chops for Pinnacle Breakfast and liked the GS's proximity to Central Park.  

If Utopia is similar to Wonder, the Suite Sun Deck will be in the Suite Neighborhood.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, twangster said:

Looking at the perks, I wonder if Sky JSs have access to the Suite Lounge.  

20 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I was in a CL on HM and loved having CK and the Suite Lounge just steps away.

My extended family had the 3 closest GS’s to the SL/CK on Wonder last week. Ours was the closest. We’re not normally suite people but that was great. Convenient is an understatement.

• Like 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

My extended family had the 3 closest GS’s to the SL/CK on Wonder last week. Ours was the closest. We’re not normally suite people but that was great. Convenient is an understatement.

There is no question about the convenience of deck 17, all things being equal.

The biggest reason to look at the JY is the low price point to gain Sky Class perks compared to deck 17 and 18 suites.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Looking at the perks, I wonder if Sky JSs have access to the Suite Lounge.  

when looking at the list of perks, it clearly says they do get access to Coastal Kitchen, which is all one big space with the Suite Lounge on Oasis class.  

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

There is no question about the convenience of deck 17, all things being equal.

The biggest reason to look at the JY is the low price point to gain Sky Class perks compared to deck 17 and 18 suites.  

100%. We’re back to our interiors now anyway, I was just sharing how fun it was to be literally SL-adjacent,

If we were to ever pay for a suite, the JY’s would be perfect. Our GS on Wonder was beautiful & who doesn’t like a TV coming out of the ceiling? (Although ours needed some WD-40, it sounded like an old garage door, lol). But we really don’t care about the cabin itself so a less expensive way to get Sky Class perks is a great concept.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

100%. We’re back to our interiors now anyway, I was just sharing how fun it was to be literally SL-adjacent,

If we were to ever pay for a suite, the JY’s would be perfect. Our GS on Wonder was beautiful & who doesn’t like a TV coming out of the ceiling? (Although ours needed some WD-40, it sounded like an old garage door, lol). But we really don’t care about the cabin itself so a less expensive way to get Sky Class perks is a great concept.

LOL Sounds like you were in 1720. That is the cabin we had, and the TV would bounce on its way down while making all that noise.

Yes, the proximity to CK was great. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm looking at Starboard side GSs on Wonder for next year.  Like in the 1750s 1760's and 1770's.  It looks like you have to walk toward the elevators and then come down the portside hall to get to the SL and CK.  Will probably still book on that side -- really a first world problem 😂.  

1 minute ago, SherriZ366 said:

I'm looking at Starboard side GSs on Wonder for next year.  Like in the 1750s 1760's and 1770's.  It looks like you have to walk toward the elevators and then come down the portside hall to get to the SL and CK.  Will probably still book on that side -- really a first world problem 😂.  

Yeah, deck 17 is just a big horseshoe with the entrance to CK/SL on the one side. Really not a big deal no matter where you are. I just enjoyed being inside the SL in about 10 steps.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yeah, deck 17 is just a big horseshoe with the entrance to CK/SL on the one side. Really not a big deal no matter where you are. I just enjoyed being inside the SL in about 10 steps.

I can appreciate your loving that location.  I was in a CL in a similar location on Harmony last year.  

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Reveal of Utopia for travel agents.  Release date should be right around that time.

image.thumb.png.1cbcd10b7263d3bba70bdc0baae38888.png

Great.  I'm on a ship next week.  Ugh.

Maybe I'll get good NextCruise agents.  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2