Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who hopes she will have two Flowriders.

If we are hoping... I say three!

Third for advanced only (for the one they didn't put on wonder)... I know unlikely but one can dream.

Edited by Blur
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

For the beer drinkers out there, will one of these be put in every cabin?

samuel-adams-utopias.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

That would be amazing, but given the current beer selection on RCCL ships, I doubt you'd ever be able to even buy that onboard. 

Just got off the Symphony then the Jewel 4/3/22, when we read about a liquor shortage they aren't kidding. Both ships had no Crown Royal for starters, then the Symphony that wasn't even at half capacity ran out of Bud Light, leaving only Miller light and Coors light. We had to improvise whenever possible !

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Just got off the Symphony then the Jewel 4/3/22, when we read about a liquor shortage they aren't kidding. Both ships had no Crown Royal for starters, then the Symphony that wasn't even at half capacity ran out of Bud Light, leaving only Miller light and Coors light. We had to improvise whenever possible !

Prayers for the affected passengers. Hopefully they'll offer some compensation. lol

We used to do a big group cruise yearly around 15 years ago. It was a heavy beer drinking crowd and we'd run the ship out of Bud Light every year. It go to the point where the TA would warn Carnival in advance. They never did anything about it though. Did get a mid cruise re-stock once. 

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who hopes she will have two Flowriders.

I'm hoping for zero flow riders and hope  they think  outside the  box and think of something else. Put the  Flowriders on Coco cay with the rest of the Water Park stuff and charge to use it like they want to do anyway.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm hoping for zero flow riders and hope  they think  outside the  box and think of something else.

They can try new stuff on Icon - O class basic design is sorta set and expected by customers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm hoping for zero flow riders and hope  they think  outside the  box and think of something else. Put the  Flowriders on Coco cay with the rest of the Water Park stuff and charge to use it like they want to do anyway.

Maybe they should move all the activities to Coco Cay and just have a ship full of cabins to transport you to the island.🙄

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It's 10K total - passangers+crew.

That's an astounding amount whereas the Wonder has about a 6,700 passenger capacity. Last week while on the Symphony then the Jewel we were told that Royal is over 2,000 workers short to be able to staff all their in service ships. Those employees have left the company while Royal is trying to replace those people in different crafts. It's evident that new hires are still in need of more training, going to take time.

9 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

That's an astounding amount whereas the Wonder has about a 6,700 passenger capacity.

I think that is closer to 7000 plus about 2400 crew, so Wonder is already at 9400 possible - some lazy journalist can easily round that up to 10K when they talk rough numbers on a ship.

• Like 2

You got that right! I read that the Allure made it out of PR ok last night and on to their next destination. St.. Marteen. Very little has been mentioned other than what I mentioned. Last week and the week before going into PR the sea with choppy, and plenty of wind, must be the the time of year where there aren't any Atlantic storms.

18 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Why are they building another ship? 

How the heck can Royal afford another Mega-Ship?!

They, like carnivale and NCL, are deep in debt!

It's named a firm contract. In other words: First of it all those contracts were signed way before both the pandemic and Ukraine, so on a far different world where, perhaps 10 O Class ships wouldn't to be as exotic as some may now to think about. Not anymore, but for the times being on already signed firm order contracts... Surely, RCI would to be able to cancel or modify the current order, but in such case: If they decided to cancel, they'd need to compensate the shipyard in a sum that could very well to be as high as the brochure price of such a ship and that couldn't be convenient on any way possible or imaginary, to not talk about at least a last building slot with likely implications on other future RCI's building slots. If they decided to downgrade the O6 to a smaller ship, they'd not loose the building slot, but less time, needed work, among others would make the case for compensations to the shipyard as well. So; what's next? Possibly we will continue to see those middle aged nearly 20 years in service ships to face the scrapyard while the new ones are being launched. Hope to see the industry going definitely at least GNL or when possible Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell powered ships in the nearby future replacing those old oil powered ships!... And regarding O6; it would have been nice if they decided on such a premium variant for X with less passengers per sailing. I believe that could very well to be a success as big as her older sisters have been since they came in some nearly 15 years ago!... Maybe: They plan on basing this ship year round in Europe by making it with at least a fully enclosed Central Park and possibly an enclosed Aqua Theater?... Have a nice day!...

19 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Why are they building another ship? 

How the heck can Royal afford another Mega-Ship?!

They, like carnivale and NCL, are deep in debt!

I remember an interview with I think it was Richard Fain a while ago and he said one of the biggest regrets was not ordering new ships during the last recession.  He said that put them behind in the long run.

• Thanks 2