Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

8 hours ago, xtremegk said:

Maybe I'm completely in left field here, with the discussion of homeporting...is there any chance Utopia ends up in Asia?

Wonder was initially designed for the Asian market. The work put into converting her back to the NA market makes me think they won't "undo" it to send her once things open. Bayley suggested in the earnings call that 2024 was the realistic expectation for the Chinese market returning.

Obviously, they once intended for an Oasis class ship to head over there. Sure, things have changed drastically with COVID, but if they're expecting a rebound once the market reopens, would they not plan on sending a similar class vessel?

Just spitballing and could be completely off base. Many of you on here have far better insight into this than I.

Utopia is not going to Asia.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, xtremegk said:

Maybe I'm completely in left field here, with the discussion of homeporting...is there any chance Utopia ends up in Asia?

The market in Asia is currently still "dead". Wonder was specifically designed for the Asian (Chinese) market. Utopia isn´t. I doubt they will make the same mistake again.

steamboats

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That's the buzz on FB. Replacing Allure for the 3 and 4 night sailings. WOW

Late June 2024

I keep seeing that too but I am not believing it. No way Royal is going to roll out Utopia doing 3/4 night cruises. No way. Not going to happen.

Hopefully this post ages well. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NightOne said:

I keep seeing that too but I am not believing it. No way Royal is going to roll out Utopia doing 3/4 night cruises. No way. Not going to happen.

Hopefully this post ages well. LOL

Apparently Allure is already bookable in Miami on the 3/4 day route. So I guess we'll see😉

• Like 4

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently Allure is already bookable in Miami on the 3/4 day route. So I guess we'll see😉

I saw that but feel that it means absolutely nothing. Royal wanted to offer an Oasis class experience on short sailings and they did that.

However, they are not going to do that with a brand new ship.

You know Royal a hell of a lot better than me. Have they ever debuted a ship doing short cruises? If not, why would they start now? Makes absolutely zero sense in my mind.

Just my opinion.

Edited by NightOne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

I saw that but feel that it means absolutely nothing. Royal wanted to offer an Oasis class experience on short sailings and they did that.

You know Royal a hell of a lot better than me. Have they ever debuted a ship doing short cruises? If not, why would they start now? Makes absolutely zero sense in my mind.

Just my opinion.

I'm guessing Allure being non amped didn’t fit the bill. So bring on Utopia. 🤣

Short cruises are immensely popular in PC market. People do them in conjunction with Disney. 

7 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Just my opinion.

Which ship do you imagine will take over the 3/4 night sailings from Port Canaveral?

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm guessing Allure being non amped didn’t fit the bill. So bring on Utopia. 🤣

Short cruises are immensely popular in PC market. People do them in conjunction with Disney. 

I don't doubt that. It is just the whole new ship debut thing that has me in disbelief.

I got a timeslot saved for a Utopia booking and if it ends up being 3/4 then I will just have to book B2B but would much rather go further South on a 7 or 8 day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NightOne said:

No clue 🙂

Some other ship in the fleet LOL

Ok, well, the only ship available after Allure leaves PC in July (without them leaving a gap during prime Summer season) is Spectrum, which is sure to remain in Asia.

If you monitor deployment, you’d see that  Utopia is the likely ship to replace Allure.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Ok, well, the only ship available after Allure leaves PC in July (without them leaving a gap during prime Summer season) is Spectrum, which is sure to remain in Asia.

If you monitor deployment, you’d see that  Utopia is the likely ship to replace Allure.

Current deployments mean nothing in my opinion. The cruise lines have shown many times that they are willing to flip ships, pull out of ports, and re-deploy as they see fit.

Utopia COULD take over the sailings of another Oasis class ship and then that ship heads to PC for 3/4 nighters. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Current deployments mean nothing in my opinion. The cruise lines have shown many times that they are willing to flip ships, pull out of ports, and re-deploy as they see fit.

Utopia COULD take over the sailings of another Oasis class ship and then that ship heads to PC for 3/4 nighters. 😉

Why would they move Allure mid-summer if it weren’t for a new ship coming into replace her that just so happens to be debuting at the same time?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Why would they move Allure mid-summer if it weren’t for a new ship coming into replace her that just so happens to be debuting at the same time?

Why would they release an old premium package that was for Celebrity into the cruise planners of zillions of Royal bookings? LOL Who knows.

Remember when everyone said Icon was going to be smaller than Oasis class and repeated that for many months?

Remember all the back to sailing dates, rumors, etc. that never materialized during the shutdown?

You can call me an idiot when Utopia debuts out of PC doing 3/4 nighters (or even now) but I just don't believe that will happen. 🙂

• Haha 1