Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Freedom gave up her Miami slot to Allure and moved to PE. Where does Indy go when she leaves PC for Allure this fall?

Indy takes over the "OMG I can't afford that cruise" slot.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Freedom gave up her Miami slot to Allure and moved to PE. Where does Indy go when she leaves PC for Allure this fall?

I made this Google Doc to track the Royal fleet. It is quite interesting to see the deployments change over time.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xkbVVxHetJL1UyJim_ajIofAAv7cTQI4Rn0IGNO-czY/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the remainder of 2023. 

Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 1.38.00 PM.png

Edited by theaviationbeat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I also hope Utopia does not do 3 and 4 day cruises.  I am not interested in booking the Icon but would like to book Utopia.  I retire May 2025, and planned to book Utopia as my retirement cruise.  I keep holding out booking Bella2 as I want to know the plan for Utopia.  I love the Oasis class ship.

Pat

• Like 3

Also retiring May 2025, hoping to find a good back to back Oasis or Quantum class caribbean option from Florida without paying the upcharge for the Icon or Utopia as brand new ships. They are stubbornly only releasing itineraries out to April 2025 for now.

8 hours ago, theaviationbeat said:

I made this Google Doc to track the Royal fleet. It is quite interesting to see the deployments change over time.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xkbVVxHetJL1UyJim_ajIofAAv7cTQI4Rn0IGNO-czY/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the remainder of 2023. 

Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 1.38.00 PM.png

Royal has something like this here:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2023_2024/2023-24_Deployment_Summary_Guide

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise>Work said:

Also retiring May 2025, hoping to find a good back to back Oasis or Quantum class caribbean option from Florida without paying the upcharge for the Icon or Utopia as brand new ships. They are stubbornly only releasing itineraries out to April 2025 for now.

Itineraries only being released through April has been the standard for at least the last decade.  This coming November and December they will release through April 2026.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Cruise>Work said:

Many Florida based ships head to the Med or Baltic around May or those ports may not be confirmed this far out.  Patience.  Retiring in June,  I can take my "retirement cruise" anytime without having to schedule vacation.

A major shot in the dark here but I’ve noticed Oasis has two different itineraries for Summer 2024 in Europe. One of them has an extra sea day than the other. I’ve never noticed it before for the Oasis class western med route. Is it possible RC are creating a slot for UOS should it be ready for Summer 24?

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 2:16 PM, NightOne said:

Look, no one really know what Royal is going to do with Utopia but at least we ALL agree that it will NOT be doing 3/4 nighters when it launches. LOLOLOL

Hardly ALL of us. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hardly ALL of us. 

Thanks for the confirmation that we ALL agree. LOL

Seriously, I just want them to release itineraries. I mean is it not like 1 year away from sailing?

12 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Thanks for the confirmation that we ALL agree. LOL

Seriously, I just want them to release itineraries. I mean is it not like 1 year away from sailing?

Which is why they can get away with having her do 3/4 day sailings as those typically booked later in the booking cycle than the 7 day plus itineraries.

On 3/27/2023 at 2:16 PM, NightOne said:

Look, no one really know what Royal is going to do with Utopia but at least we ALL agree that it will NOT be doing 3/4 nighters when it launches. LOLOLOL

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hardly ALL of us. 

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Which is why they can get away with having her do 3/4 day sailings as those typically booked later in the booking cycle than the 7 day plus itineraries.

What's the over/under  on her sailing out of PC on the short runs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hi Ken, do you think there is any chance that Utopia will do a WB TA?  I would love to book if there is one.  Thanks so much!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, East Bay Skiers said:

Hi Ken, do you think there is any chance that Utopia will do a WB TA?  I would love to book if there is one.  Thanks so much!

Only if she does some European sailings before.  The trend lately has been for the new ships to sail empty to Florida nd do their shakedown cruises there, I don't expect anything different.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only if she does some European sailings before.  The trend lately has been for the new ships to sail empty to Florida nd do their shakedown cruises there, I don't expect anything different.

Thanks for the quick answer!  I’ll wait and keep my fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

what is the current time line for her first month in service?

Royal hasn't confirmed any launch dates yet, only the given time frame of a spring 2024 launch. They should release more info on Utopia very soon, given its now a year away.

Just now, Ethanol95 said:

Royal hasn't confirmed any launch dates yet, only the given time frame of a spring 2024 launch. They should release more info on Utopia very soon, given its now a year away.

Thanks! I guess they are still riding on the Icon hype....before they switch to Utopia...

Not really interested in Utopia as I suspect the same low quality as Wonder - but think it might have influence on Anthem which we love....

4 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Thanks! I guess they are still riding on the Icon hype....before they switch to Utopia...

Not really interested in Utopia as I suspect the same low quality as Wonder - but think it might have influence on Anthem which we love....

Icon's inaugural is Jan 2024, few months before Utopia's arrival. 

Why do you think Utopia will influence Anthem? How so?