Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

11 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Why would they release an old premium package that was for Celebrity into the cruise planners of zillions of Royal bookings? LOL Who knows.

Remember when everyone said Icon was going to be smaller than Oasis class and repeated that for many months?

Remember all the back to sailing dates, rumors, etc. that never materialized during the shutdown?

You can call me an idiot when Utopia debuts out of PC doing 3/4 nighters (or even now) but I just don't believe that will happen. 🙂

Nah, no idiots here; the key word is hopeful! Some of us are just hopeful to see Utopia based in PC and prefer to think positive!😉

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NightOne said:

and to this point ... EVERY ship is available to them 😉

Everyone was shocked when newly amped Navigator and Mariner took over weekend sailings. Then further shocked when Indy and Freedom started.  And minds blown when Allure was tasked with the duty. 

Fact is, with a proper Terminal, an Oasis Class ship can make more money on 3/4 voyages than with 7 day voyages. It's just a transport to Coco Cay😉

And PC has the need for family centric ships.

Wonder is here now.

Utopia isn't that big of a stretch in the evolution of the brand

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Why would they release an old premium package that was for Celebrity into the cruise planners of zillions of Royal bookings? LOL Who knows.

Remember when everyone said Icon was going to be smaller than Oasis class and repeated that for many months?

Remember all the back to sailing dates, rumors, etc. that never materialized during the shutdown?

You can call me an idiot when Utopia debuts out of PC doing 3/4 nighters (or even now) but I just don't believe that will happen. 🙂

I’m not going to call you an idiot! And I’ll happily admit if I’m wrong, I just don’t think I’m going to be 🙂 We shall see!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Everyone was shocked when newly amped Navigator and Mariner took over weekend sailings. Then further shocked when Indy and Freedom started.  And minds blown when Allure was tasked with the duty. 

Fact is, with a proper Terminal, an Oasis Class ship can make more money on 3/4 voyages than with 7 day voyages. It's just a transport to Coco Cay😉

And PC has the need for family centric ships.

Wonder is here now.

Utopia isn't that big of a stretch in the evolution of the brand

You make some valid points.

But I think the key thing I am driving here is debut. I'm not seeing 3/4 nighters as a debut.

Of course I have no direct knowledge on this except that Michael Bayley called me at home last night and told me. LOLOLOLOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Are there odds or are these even money bets?

If I were a bookie (I'm not), I think a great bet would be that the losers pay for all of the winners to cruise on Utopia's first cruise out of PC! If it doesn't home port in PC, then nobody wins. Haha! Told ya I was no bookie and have no clue how to bet on this but I just may participate in the venture!😉

Oh, wait a minute! Is this illegal?😲

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Haha 1

Wonder did a three night sailing back this past December out of PC prior to it's long-delayed naming ceremony... prices were unbelievably expensive... and the ship was completely sold out... during what's normally a very slow time of year for cruises (early-December).  Granted, it was one sailing, but... it wouldn't surprise me at all if RCCL decides to sail Utopia out of PC from the jump. 

Also worth noting that Disney's newest ship, the Wish, does 3/4/5 night cruises out of PC too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You would think we would know soon.  Isn't the ship supposed to be ready late Spring 2024?

I've been hearing Fall 2025.  Icon comes along sometime before that.  Think first sailings are fall 2024.

14 minutes ago, Nathan Graveson said:

There has been talks inside Royal about potentially home porting Utopia in Galveston, taking over the Allure’s sailings and giving Texas the biggest and best of the Oasis Class!

They do have a shiny new cruise terminal down there in Galveston 🙂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nathan Graveson said:

There has been talks inside Royal about potentially home porting Utopia in Galveston, taking over the Allure’s sailings and giving Texas the biggest and best of the Oasis Class!

Galveston generally doesn't demand very high prices. Typical of a lot of gulf departures

But the fuel is readily available 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nathan Graveson said:

I think you might be confused as Harmony is already scheduled to take over for Allure out of Galveston next year.  As John mentioned, some of the lowest prices for sailings are out of Galveston and putting in new ships like Allure and then Harmony did not change that.  No way they are putting a brand new ship in Galveston when they can charge double or more out of Florida.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Utopia is scheduled to debut Spring/Summer 2024. Icon’s first sailing is January 2024.

From a Utopia of the Seas Facebook group: 

“Captain Rob on Wonder said Utopia was "destined for other things" when asked at Captains corner if he would be captain.”

So what could this mean? Homeport in another country? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

“Captain Rob on Wonder said Utopia was "destined for other things" when asked at Captains corner if he would be captain.”

14 minutes ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

FB_IMG_1679683021168.jpg

Utopia will be the first LNG Oasis class ship, any idea if that infrastructure is available outside the Caribbean?

13 minutes ago, Tuvok44 said:

Utopia will be the first LNG Oasis class ship, any idea if that infrastructure is available outside the Caribbean?

There are LNG cruise ships currently operating in Europe.

They can also use bunkering vessels to provide LNG anywhere.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tuvok44 said:

The first LNG ship was the AIDAnova which was running the Canary islands and later the Med out of Palma de Mallorca... Meanwhile we have AIDAcosma, Costa Smeralda, Costa Toscana, Iona, Arvia, Mardi Gras, Carnival Celebration and MSC World Europa. AIDAcosma and MSC World Europa were doing the Arabian gulf cruises this winter.

Yes, the infrastructure for bunkering LNG was available in Europe first and not just in the Carribean ;-).

steamboats

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

3/4 day itineraries

• Like 2
  • Haha 2