Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

2 hours ago, corthaus said:

Any chance Utopia will have the telescoping funnels à la Oasis and Allure? I'd love to get a brand new ship up here in NYC, especially since Icon won't fit under the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge. Oasis is nice post-refresh, but the aging rooms left a lot to be desired.

If Oasis can fit under VN bridge, I think Icon should be able to. Both were/are built in same ship yard and both had/have to get under Great Belt bridge which I think has lower clearance than VN?

Either way, not sure NYC will see Utopia or Icon anytime soon…just my useless guess!

On 10/24/2022 at 8:11 PM, OACAggie said:

If Oasis can fit under VN bridge, I think Icon should be able to. Both were/are built in same ship yard and both had/have to get under Great Belt bridge which I think has lower clearance than VN?

Either way, not sure NYC will see Utopia or Icon anytime soon…just my useless guess!

They are not built by the same ship yard (France vs Finland) and Oasis class does not have to go under the Great Belt Bridge from France…

3 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

They are not built by the same ship yard (France vs Finland) and Oasis class does not have to go under the Great Belt Bridge from France…

Oasis and Allure  were constructed  in Turku Finland

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

No están construidos por el mismo astillero (Francia vs Finlandia) y la clase Oasis no tiene que pasar por debajo del puente Great Belt desde Francia...

12 hours ago, sowhat said:

Oasis y Allure se construyeron en Turku, Finlandia

10 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

¡Oh, sí, mi error!

Shutterstock_1244858d.jpg

t1larg.cruise.ship.afp.gi.jpg

Edited by DaniMSCRoyal_85
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

They have this down to a science now!!

Not quite. Icon was supposed to sail October 23 and has been backed to late January 24. They have a ballpark idea, but theres still a lot of uncertainty in the global supply chain. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On January 12, 2023, 2 blocks and one section of a passenger ship will leave the CRIST Shipyard, and we plan to ship the next two blocks on January 19, 2023.  They are made for the French shipyard Chantiers de l,Atlantique.  The A35/2nd complements the A35 megablock, which left the Crist shipyard in June 2022.  The project is carried out for Royal Caribbean Cruises, one of the largest shipowners of passenger ships in the world.
 Both the megablock and the blocks delivered now after the merger at the French shipyard will be ready for use.  Crist Shipyard has fully equipped the equipment, installations: piping, ventilation and electrical.  A full range of painting work was also done.  The blocks will be transported to the French shipyard on two ships.  The ships will be loaded and stowed by the Crist shipyard.  The largest of the built blocks of the A35/2 project is 11 m high, 28 m wide and 28 m long, and its weight is approximately 900 tons.

📷 CRIST S.A.

FB_IMG_1673599214194.jpg

FB_IMG_1673599209546.jpg

FB_IMG_1673599222284.jpg

FB_IMG_1673599218203.jpg

FB_IMG_1673599226808.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 6

On 1/14/2023 at 2:09 AM, Tall-Cruiser said:

The vessel MERIAURA has been involved in many of the RCI ship block transportation including those of Icon captured by @Eremita85 

There are actually two ships, MERI and AURA, both owned by MERIAURA (the company itself). The newer of the ships, MERI, is actually built here in Turku.

meri and aura.png

• Like 3