Princess Plus Package

lost4sure

Right, if i substract the 15$ pppd from the 40$ Princess Plus Package and some value for the WiFi the whole thing looks more appealling. But then you are no longer able to cut the gratuities in case you are not satisfied with the service (something i never did in 15 years of cruising), right?

I have no idea why Princess is advertising the Premium Drink Package alone for 60$ plus service charge. Maybe just to give customers a good feeling of saving money, when actually the discounted price is just, well, the fair price.

Still don‘t understand why soda cans are not included. But i have a solution. Instead of drinking fountain sodas i just drink cocktails. Win/Win😀

4 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

The cost of the package incl. service charge is close to 70$ per day and a can of soda is worth less than 50 cent. What is their fear? I take soda cans to my cabin or even worse pass it to another person?

cheers

MouseBerry

$70/pp/day is the full cost if you purchase alone. In the US and some other markets Princess sells "plus" fares which includes unlimited wifi internet, daily gratuities and the Premium Beverage package. The US extra cost over a no frills fare is around $40/pp/day for the package. When you subtract out the daily gratuity and daily wifi charges it takes around two alcoholic beverages/pp/day to break even, and all beverage service charges are included. Do not feel this is over priced even though there is limited availability of fountain sodas. Princess can improve its beverage service overall by offering additional fountain selections. I don't know if the plus fares are available in Germany. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

What about iced tea in cans? Is this considered soda as well?

Iced tea in cans is just sugar water. Just sayin'. There is iced tea available at the buffet and MDR. But it is unsweetened, which I prefer anyways.

• Like 3

IMO the Princess Plus package at $40 a day pp is a very competitive price.  

I agree that not including soda in a can  in a Premium drink package is unusual and different than most cruise lines.  The biggest problem for me is that Princess does  not include diet CF sodas.  

it may just be a carry over from the soda fountain drink package that Princess has offered for many years.  (Just a sticker on your card).  

48 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I agree that not including soda in a can  in a Premium drink package is unusual and different than most cruise lines

But those cruise lines that include cans charge a great deal more for the drinks package than Princess.

As an aside, surely all "sodas" taste the same,  regardless of being in a can or not?  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sttopmh said:

Iced tea in cans is just sugar water. Just sayin'. There is iced tea available at the buffet and MDR. But it is unsweetened, which I prefer anyways.

.. so .. is canned ice tea (sweet/peach), included in the Princess Plus beverage package? I guess not, as it’s a canned item .. or .. 

13 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Right, if i substract the 15$ pppd from the 40$ Princess Plus Package and some value for the WiFi the whole thing looks more appealling. But then you are no longer able to cut the gratuities in case you are not satisfied with the service (something i never did in 15 years of cruising), right?

Princess now shares the gratuities with crew across the fleet, not just on your ship. If you were able to and did cut the gratuities, it might affect the people that gave you poor service less than a nickle a day.

13 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Still don‘t understand why soda cans are not included.

Soda from a soda gun costs Princess much less than a can of soda does.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

But those cruise lines that include cans charge a great deal more for the drinks package than Princess.

As an aside, surely all "sodas" taste the same,  regardless of being in a can or not?  

Sorry to say fountain soda does not always taste the same, not just from the cans, but also they can taste different from different places that serve them. All depends on how the machine is calibrated, sometimes the CO2 is out, as things do vary that affects the flavor. Where as the cans come from the factory, the formula is standard the same every time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone got a link to the T&Cs when sailing from the U.K. regarding age restrictions for the alcohol package, specifically if it includes those aged 18 and above rather than 21 yrs when cruising from the US etc.? TIA.

2 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Sorry to say fountain soda does not always taste the same, not just from the cans, but also they can taste different from different places that serve them. All depends on how the machine is calibrated, sometimes the CO2 is out, as things do vary that affects the flavor. Where as the cans come from the factory, the formula is standard the same every time.

Understood - they all taste sweet and sickly to me, wherever they come from, so I stick to beer ! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Actually if just purchasing the drink package Princess’s Drink package is not a great deal less expensive.  It is a great deal when bundled with the Princess Plus package.  

For us it is a lack of variety when only offering fountain drinks.  There are more options in cans on Princess and other cruise lines.  (Maybe not enough volume?). I suppose Princess could had many more Diet and/or CF options in their fountains.  

We have no issue drinking soda served from a fountain, we just find the options too limiting.  They could always add more options.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villauk said:

Has anyone got a link to the T&Cs when sailing from the U.K. regarding age restrictions for the alcohol package, specifically if it includes those aged 18 and above rather than 21 yrs when cruising from the US etc.? TIA.

Hi, I checked this extensively before I booked as we were getting the package and I have a 19 year old step-daughter who would make more of the drinks than her 22 year old brother. 😁  Here is the info from Princess, under Age Restrictions on Drinking & Gambling.  Clearly states the drinking age in Europe is 18.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/onboard/onboard-experience/

Edited by BeeBerry
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, phe8800 said:

.. so .. is canned ice tea (sweet/peach), included in the Princess Plus beverage package? I guess not, as it’s a canned item .. or .. 

Never have “seen” canned or flavored ice tea on Princess. Maybe they have flavored or peach hot tea bags? Definitely never have seen sweet tea either.

It defeats ( having beverage package) what you were asking,but maybe your son can bring onboard the peach tea he enjoys??

1 hour ago, BeeBerry said:

Hi, I checked this extensively before I booked as we were getting the package and I have a 19 year old step-daughter who would make more of the drinks than her 22 year old brother. 😁  Here is the info from Princess, under Age Restrictions on Drinking & Gambling.  Clearly states the drinking age in Europe is 18.

Thank you, that’s just what I wanted 👍.

4 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Never have “seen” canned or flavored ice tea on Princess. Maybe they have flavored or peach hot tea bags? Definitely never have seen sweet tea either.

It defeats ( having beverage package) what you were asking,but maybe your son can bring onboard the peach tea he enjoys??

IIRC the coffe bar at the IC has peach tea bags (would be included in the Bev.Pkg.). Easy to make your own iced tea.

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 11:52 PM, wowzz said:

No. A coke from McDonalds does not taste the same as a coke from Burger King, and neither of them taste like canned coke.

Edited by Kmkub
  • Like 2

On 4/20/2022 at 9:17 AM, BeeBerry said:

But from what I understand even though the drinking is 18 in Europe they will not give that passenger an alcoholic drink package for the Plus Package deal.  Is that right?

I have a 20 y/o.. will he be getting the Soda package in Europe when it was part of the package purchased here in the USA?

On 4/19/2022 at 6:29 AM, MouseBerry said:

]The cost of the package incl. service charge is close to 70$ per day and a can of soda is worth less than 50 cent. What is their fear? I take soda cans to my cabin or even worse pass it to another person?

Where do you get $70 a day? The Princess Plus Package is 40 dollars per day per passenger. It includes tips, beverages and internet service.

70$ is the regular advertised price of the drink package alone. But no one would book it as long as the Princess Plus Package is available and bookable. And right, Princess Plus Package is a good deal. If this package goes away the drink package alone is not a good deal, unless price is reduced to less than 40$.

On 4/21/2022 at 1:34 AM, arizonaperson said:

They had some very interesting iced teas on Sea Princess in 2019. I loved the Pomegranate Green Tea, DH loved the Favourites Fruit Tea. Note: the prices shown are in AU$.

20190913_160910.thumb.jpg.1779dc70d4bb8f565b5ea40852ca8821.jpg

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, S&DMOM said:

But from what I understand even though the drinking is 18 in Europe they will not give that passenger an alcoholic drink package for the Plus Package deal.  Is that right?

I have a 20 y/o.. will he be getting the Soda package in Europe when it was part of the package purchased here in the USA?

I'm pretty sure in Europe everyone 18 and over with Princess Plus gets the alcoholic drink package as standard.  This is from the confirmation from my 19 year old's booking:

As you have booked Princess Plus you will receive the following:

*Premier Beverage Package inclusive of bar service charge. For all guests under the drinking age, the Premier Coffee & Soda Package will be provided as an alternative.

and the website states the "drinking age" is 18 in Europe.

18 hours ago, S&DMOM said:

He will probably get the soda and more as it was purchased under US conditions, but not positive of this.