Be careful of testing requirements!!

21 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Thanks to the great info on here I discovered Brendale are doing them for $20.00 each we have to supply rat test. Good price at Kawana are $30 & at Cooroy $40. They aren't taking any bookings just turn up. At least there are more options opening up.

I am also sure more options will open up. Brendale ins't convenient for us, but I included it in case you are driving to Brisbane for your cruise. For those of us who can get the free RAT kits, it is great that Brendale will let you supply your own. Hopefully, other pharmacies will also as competition kicks in. Just like the price of RAT test kits. In the first few weeks they were much more expensive than they are now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am also sure more options will open up. Brendale ins't convenient for us, but I included it in case you are driving to Brisbane for your cruise. For those of us who can get the free RAT kits, it is great that Brendale will let you supply your own. Hopefully, other pharmacies will also as competition kicks in. Just like the price of RAT test kits. In the first few weeks they were much more expensive than they are now.

Brendale would work for us as we are coming down the highway from the north. Good Price pharmacy at Cooroy & Kawana want you to buy your rat test from them or get your free rat test from them & use them.

1 minute ago, joejoe 59 said:

Brendale would work for us as we are coming down the highway from the north. Good Price pharmacy at Cooroy & Kawana want you to buy your rat test from them or get your free rat test from them & use them.

I thought Brendale would be the best for you if you plan to drive to Brisbane. 🙂When is your cruise?

Edited by Aus Traveller

I have found a couple of Chemists in Brisbane that are doing Supervised RATs and they do take bookings online. See below:
Carina Night and Day Chemist - $45 https://carinapharmacy.com.au/supervised-rat/

Good Price Pharmacy Cannon Hill near Bunnings - $29.99. 
https://bookings.goodpricepharmacy.com.au/v2/appointment/book_webplugin/51830/COVID-19 Testing?type=Supervised Rapid Antigen Testing#booking-type

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I can't spot the more specific topic which pointed to an announcement by Princess next week. 

They have a webinar at 11am Thursday

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/health-and-safety-protocols-coral-princess-return-to-service-2022-public-tickets-323697346477

It will be interesting to see what Princess says.

23 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I thought Brendale would be the best for you if you plan to drive to Brisbane. 🙂When is your cruise?

We have  Blue Lagoon cruise in Fiji next month & then a Queensland coastal cruise in August 🌴🍹

Now I'm more worried about getting tested during the cruise , you may end up at a quarantine camp. 😬

An interesting story about it on the ABC News site.

My first reaction was "Is this a joke"

The story does go on a bit but the interesting part is;

Ms Fentiman said the government would be talking to the cruise ship industry about how the 1,000-bed facility could be used for passengers who test positive to COVID-19.

For anybody who does want to read the story here is the link.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-23/qld-coronavirus-covid19-wellcamp-quarantine-cruise-passengers/101011058?utm_campaign=abc_news_web&utm_content=link&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web

1 minute ago, sewgood said:

Now I'm more worried about getting tested during the cruise , you may end up at a quarantine camp. 😬

Ms Fentiman said the government would be talking to the cruise ship industry about how the 1,000-bed facility could be used for passengers who test positive to COVID-19.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-23/qld-coronavirus-covid19-wellcamp-quarantine-cruise-passengers/101011058?utm_campaign=abc_news_web&utm_content=link&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web

I feel that the Q'ld government is trying to justify the enormous expenditure they are committed to for Wellcamp. If it had been built when the Wagners first proposed it, it would have been very useful instead of using hotel quarantine, but it happened too late to be very useful.

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I feel that the Q'ld government is trying to justify the enormous expenditure they are committed to for Wellcamp.

I agree with you and I hope that the discussions don't result in this camp being used for cruise passengers.

I know that in the US passengers at the end of a cruise who are positive have been allowed to drive home or stay in an approved hotel near the cruise terminal.

Just now, sewgood said:

I agree with you and I hope that the discussions don't result in this camp being used for cruise passengers.

I know that in the US passengers at the end of a cruise who are positive have been allowed to drive home or stay in an approved hotel near the cruise terminal.

Besides the cost that the government is committed to, I don't see anything wrong if passengers whose homes are too far away for them to drive, stayed at the Wellcamp facility for their quarantine period. Queensland did have quarantine hotels in the CBD, but there isn't anything near the cruise terminal. Anyone who had to go to Wellcamp would be taken there by bus, the same way that the small number of unvaccinated international arrivals have been.

You're right, I forgot that the new cruise terminal doesn't have any hotels near it.

And while this works in Fort Lauderdale to have dedicated hotels, Brisbane and Sydney just wouldn't have the numbers for it, especially with only two cruise ships operating.

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Besides the cost that the government is committed to, I don't see anything wrong if passengers whose homes are too far away for them to drive, stayed at the Wellcamp facility for their quarantine period. Queensland did have quarantine hotels in the CBD, but there isn't anything near the cruise terminal. Anyone who had to go to Wellcamp would be taken there by bus, the same way that the small number of unvaccinated international arrivals have been.

Except why are they singling out cruise ship passengers for this "special" treatment. Are they testing tourists who arrive by plane? No! Are they testing tourists who drive to Queensland? No! 

OK, I agree it is sensible for people who don't live locally to go into quarantine but they are demanding different treatment for cruise ship passengers than to any other non-local arrivals. Why?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

If there is an uncontrolled outbreak or a new strain circulating, this is a possibility - particularly for a ship relocating from overseas to Brisbane with a mass outbreak aboard, ie Quantum. With no Q hotels, where else would they go?

Build it and they will come - hopefully not. They still need that contingency though.

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Except why are they singling out cruise ship passengers for this "special" treatment. Are they testing tourists who arrive by plane? No! Are they testing tourists who drive to Queensland? No! 

OK, I agree it is sensible for people who don't live locally to go into quarantine but they are demanding different treatment for cruise ship passengers than to any other non-local arrivals. Why?

They wont be testing cruise passengers when they arrive either. If someone develops symptoms during their cruise, that is different, and the ship will test them and are obliged to report infections to the port authorities. I don't see any singling out, it is purely about the amount of time in a shared space that could lead to a chain of infections on a ship. 

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

If there is an uncontrolled outbreak or a new strain circulating, this is a possibility - particularly for a ship relocating from overseas to Brisbane with a mass outbreak aboard, ie Quantum. With no Q hotels, where else would they go?

Build it and they will come - hopefully not. They still need that contingency though.

If the pax and crew cannot all fit in the Luxury Qld 'WellCamp' they could always set sail for Darwin and dump the pax and crew there. Plenty of room in Howard Springs Quarantine Camp.  A sound contingency plan there.

Yes sounds like the Qld Govt wants some return on their investment, incarcerated cruise pax with the lurgy, pay up.  It makes me think the Qld Govt is fearful of a 'Ruby Princess type scenario. Ye gods.

Not making the return to cruising very attractive in and out of Brisvegas.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

I agree with your comments. I have to add that the  Q'ld government is trying to find a use, and to justify, the enormous outlay it is committed to in leasing the quarantine facility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

Chemist Warehouse Westfield Nortlakes Supervised  RATTesting.

Monday to Friday 

1000 to noon

1300 to 1500.

That could work well for people driving to Brisbane on the Bruce Highway. Hopefully, other Chemist Warehouse pharmacies will soon offer the same service.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

That could work well for people driving to Brisbane on the Bruce Highway. Hopefully, other Chemist Warehouse pharmacies will soon offer the same service.

Well be watching fir something around Wynnum. Think it’s currently within 2 days of embarkation??? 
I have found one that does virtual supervision, you get your own rat test. $148 for two people together. Log in, camera eyc fir supervising test and issue results certification. It’s an option if we can’t get to something local. But will see how things develop in coming weeks.

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

If the pax and crew cannot all fit in the Luxury Qld 'WellCamp' they could always set sail for Darwin and dump the pax and crew there. Plenty of room in Howard Springs Quarantine Camp.  A sound contingency plan there.

Yes sounds like the Qld Govt wants some return on their investment, incarcerated cruise pax with the lurgy, pay up.  It makes me think the Qld Govt is fearful of a 'Ruby Princess type scenario. Ye gods.

Not making the return to cruising very attractive in and out of Brisvegas.

I don't think the announcement by the Q'ld government makes cruising any less attractive out of Brisbane. The announcement was that, if an infected passenger didn't live nearby where they could quarantine, they could go to the Wellcamp facility. There isn't much other option as the hotels previously used for quarantine are (or maybe will soon) not available for quarantine. The quarantine camp being built by the commonwealth government at Pinkenba won't be open for many months yet.

This announcement doesn't bother me. If we become infected on a cruiseship, we can drive home.

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Well be watching fir something around Wynnum. Think it’s currently within 2 days of embarkation??? 
I have found one that does virtual supervision, you get your own rat test. $148 for two people together. Log in, camera eyc fir supervising test and issue results certification. It’s an option if we can’t get to something local. But will see how things develop in coming weeks.

$148 is too expensive. You should be able to get it for $60 for two. I am confident that the locals on her will come up with some good options for you.

• Like 1