Semi Live from Enchantment of the Seas 4/22-4/30/2022

Thanks for the encouragement on the ocean view cabin.  The savings would pay for international airfare plus all our excursions so we are thinking we can “rough it”.   We spend our days on deck usually anyway but will miss the fresh air in the morning and reading on the balcony at night. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mskaufman said:

How is the OV on level 2?

Sorry for the delay. I had typed up a reply this morning and it seems it didn’t go through. No wifi plan for us as we’re on our honeymoon. 

OV is great for us! Much more spacious than we expected. Husband was reluctant to bid for an upgrade on RoyalUp but now loves the OV so much. It’s our first cruise so not much to compare to. I attached a picture so you can see our room. 

There’s a lot of storage which we weren’t expecting. Our hallway has been very quiet so no trouble there. I did have to get used to the rocking of the ship but it seems to help us sleep!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! I don’t want to hijack death_star’s live but I don’t mind sharing my experience. 

52711C18-9DEB-4513-A187-197DFFE7FE1C.jpeg

• Like 3

Just a quick note will have a delayed departure from Charleston. Captain just said a crew member had a small surgery today and they're waiting on them to get back from the hospital. No lines have been tossed yet or tugs on stand by. 😀

6 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Thanks for the encouragement on the ocean view cabin.  The savings would pay for international airfare plus all our excursions so we are thinking we can “rough it”.   We spend our days on deck usually anyway but will miss the fresh air in the morning and reading on the balcony at night. 

Good!  34 nights sounds wonderful!

I believe the windows get bigger as the deck level increases.  And of course, the price increases, too.

I get you re fresh air, but the balcony door can't be left open anyway, so we always felt like we had to go out to the balcony, close the door, go in, close the door.....just not relaxing.

I didn’t mean to hi jack your thread.  But I’m interested in the rest of your opinions on Enchantment in general.

We just booked her for 45 nights in a ocean view. If you’re going to fly around the world you might as well stay a while.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, friendliest_flower said:

Sorry for the delay. I had typed up a reply this morning and it seems it didn’t go through. No wifi plan for us as we’re on our honeymoon. 

OV is great for us! Much more spacious than we expected. Husband was reluctant to bid for an upgrade on RoyalUp but now loves the OV so much. It’s our first cruise so not much to compare to. I attached a picture so you can see our room. 

There’s a lot of storage which we weren’t expecting. Our hallway has been very quiet so no trouble there. I did have to get used to the rocking of the ship but it seems to help us sleep!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! I don’t want to hijack death_star’s live but I don’t mind sharing my experience. 

Thanks so much.  We have an OV GTY in June and I am guessing it will be on deck 2.

On 4/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, Another_Critic said:

parent's lack of parenting)

Yep. I was an elementary teacher for 34 years, and noticed that gradual decline in parenting skills relative to (some) kid behavior during probably the last 8-10 years. As said, not fair to stereotype. I was on the 3/17 sailing - didn't seem to be all that many kids. Some of this is no different than in the National parks. Signs all over.."stay on the path, do not climb the rocks"...so what do you see? Kids climbing all over the rocks, way off the path, so that Mom and Dad can get that really cool picture of them. 'Nuff said. 

6 hours ago, friendliest_flower said:

It’s our first cruise

Wishing you an absolutely wonderful experience. I will issue a warning however (that was given to me by a close frequent cruiser friend - I didn't believe it at the time but now understand)...he had told me..."cruising is very addictive" 😉  Enjoy!!!  

I last left off with late afternoon yesterday. We headed off to our standing reservation in the MTD section on deck 5 and had a great meal. We've been assigned the same table with wait staff for the last 3 nights now which is great. 

I started with the pumpkin soup which was quite tasty. 

20220423_184352.thumb.jpg.3ee5cf058e8b1b0ad0870aab9fc2f30a.jpg

I am always one to try out things I wouldn't normally order if I was in a land restaurant. 

For entrees I had the beef tenderloin which was flavorful, in stark comparison to DW's prime rib night 1.

20220423_191528.thumb.jpg.0208f951881c308887fa8a866b743d38.jpg

DW had the duck which she usually always likes and did not disappoint. 

20220423_191522.thumb.jpg.78074d37561b7d588134827e15bc579e.jpg

For dessert I double dipped and got 2.

The Grand Marnier souffle 

20220423_194251.thumb.jpg.0aa93e6046ca671984a84aa42e22c28c.jpg

and the no sugar added peach shortcake. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The fruits really contrast each other well. Don't be afraid of no sugar added things. This had plenty already with the natural ones in the fruit. 

20220423_194248.thumb.jpg.602c2ea012c898ec521255efe356302a.jpg

After the bedtime ritual DW suggested I head out on the ship for the evening. 

I took her up on the offer and saw many areas we hadn't before with the kids. 

Caught a few numbers with Zoe Tyler. She's very talented with her vocal abilities and covered several different artists.

Then ventured off to find the Solarium and park Cafe. It was quiet in there with a few people talking and the most noisy thing being those Mahjong tiles being mixed. Grabbed some pizza and cookies from park Cafe and relaxed for a few minutes. 

20220423_215412.thumb.jpg.7e7cd9d3d406e6a0bd5617665aa25873.jpg

Having some fresh fuel I headed down to deck 6 while checking out the piano player along the way.

20220423_220950.thumb.jpg.997d9be7fc78d1f85a5ae59949135656.jpg

My destination was the spotlight lounge for the hush party. I have been to at least 3 of these so far and this one had by far the best dj mixes. I'm pretty sure I've not been doing the cupid shuffle next to people discoing and getting down tonight beside me. 

20220423_221832.thumb.jpg.1d26bb541295f635ca9e397dd7ec8980.jpg

It was a pretty good crowd and I headed out after a few great dances which is a feat in a KF94 mask. 

Ran up and popped in at the Viking lounge and I believe they were maybe 10 people up there max. 

20220423_223419.thumb.jpg.137b34614c6c25dd1119f2661165c8c2.jpg

After that it was certainly time to hit the rack. I encourage any parents out there that don't really do the night time kids clubs to trade off staying in with your SO and get out there and enjoy the ship (Yes DW is out on the ship now). 

Stay tuned for our first port, Charleston. 

• Like 3

On 4/24/2022 at 11:31 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

I am like you.  I much prefer balcony cabins, but I can't justify the price tag.  $1400 for OV or $5000 for balcony.  I am on Deck 2 but I keep looking for an OV higher up.  All that were left were on deck 2.  I'm hoping for the best.  I hate the sticky shower curtains too LOL!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 1:31 PM, friendliest_flower said:

What deck is this cabin on?

21 hours ago, DesireeC03 said:

Ran up and popped in at the Viking lounge and I believe they were maybe 10 people up there max. 

What is the Viking lounge used for ? never been in one.

and Hush parties are so fun!

Main level is Pinn Lounge in the evenings in the middle section next to the windows.  Upper level houses the CL and the DL.  Otherwise, it's as said, a quiet place during the day and basically a club at night. Starting at like 10pm you have to be 21 to be in there.  It's also a great place to people watch during the day as well as ship and you might even see a whale. We saw a couple on our 12 night Caribbean two weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone from a very slow 3 kt crawl to Nassau. When I last left off we were heading to Charleston. 

We pulled straight in and had a great view of the city from the Windjammer at breakfast. We hatched a general plan of the day of hitting a few key spots for DW and then sort of wandering for the day. We loaded up the kids and started with a walk through the many block long Charleston market. Of course we picked up a few souvenirs along the way and it was a good mix of arts/ crafts and food things. After a good hike we eventually reached our first destination, the Isaac Jenkins Mikell house owned by a certain Ms Patricia.

After taking a bunch of pics with DW in front of it we continued meandering along enjoying the many great old houses in the area. We stopped in Cannon Park and gave the kids a break on the small playground before continuing to our next stop, Sewing Down South on King St. Of course DW had to buy some stuff there and even got DD involved with picking out some stuff. It's run by Craig from Southern Charm which my wife is a big fan of if you couldn't tell.

Had lunch across the street at El Jefe after trying the place next door but finding it not suitable for DD.

It was a pretty stroll along the street and parkland of the city back towards the ship. By the aquarium we stumbled across a park with 2 huge playgrounds for different age groups. 2-5 for one then 6-12.

20220424_143950.thumb.jpg.f4d29b1d146ffe2c1436ad3ed9e39065.jpg

The older part was a giant pirate / cargo ship thing

20220424_144057.thumb.jpg.4f69e5cad565e06facaf5f39ab7447a8.jpg

The younger part was a tug boat and DD had a blast.

20220424_144421.thumb.jpg.015f02da74d2cc6834ce35e4afb37417.jpg

I highly recommend you visit even if you're not really planning on doing anything. It's free and quite close to the ship. 

17 hours ago, death_star said:

many great old houses in the area.

When we did this cruise last month, we did the ship's walking excursion - really enjoyed it but would love to see more. Some of the houses are really nice. We'll get back there again as part of a rebooked Celebrity cruise next spring. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, death_star said:

We altered course abruptly a while ago and sped up. Helicopter medical evacuation due at 6pm. They just announced it. 

Enchantment is not having good luck at all.  I think they've had at least 1 medevac a month so far this year.  We had one on our March trip and the previous 12 night also had a long range medevac in February.